Can Upper East Tennesse Break Through?

coachh17

With all the upsets across the state tonight in all classifications, it appears to be wide open this year. South Greene has four gold balls, but nobody else east of Knoxville has won one in awhile, if ever. I would love to see Morristown West in AAA, South Greene or Elizabethton in AA, or Cloudland or Hampton in A bring one home. I have seen all four of these teams play several times and think they are all very good. Anybody give any of them a chance?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the upsets across the state tonight in all classifications, it appears to be wide open this year. South Greene has four gold balls, but nobody else east of Knoxville has won one in awhile, if ever. I would love to see Morristown West in AAA, South Greene or Elizabethton in AA, or Cloudland or Hampton in A bring one home. I have seen all four of these teams play several times and think they are all very good. Anybody give any of them a chance?

Morristown West definitely has a good chance, especially since Oak Ridge gave up at season's end(I'm still shell-shocked by that). South Greene can definitely get by Upperman. As far as A is concerned, nobody will beat Clarkrange.

Has nothing to do with being a powell fan. just think that bearden is a better team and mo west is better than powell or bearden. just stating an opinion. does one have to be a fan to enjoy watching the girls bball tourney? of course like anyone else, i could be proven wrong and it really doesn't matter.

Has nothing to do with being a powell fan. just think that bearden is a better team and mo west is better than powell or bearden. just stating an opinion. does one have to be a fan to enjoy watching the girls bball tourney? of course like anyone else, i could be proven wrong and it really doesn't matter.

Naaaah just jabbing a little......this seasons history says your probably correct. It does seem to be a playoff filled with upsets .

And both Powell and Bearden did upset Oak Ridge Should be interesting. I wonder of Coach Young could borrow Coach Prudens scouting report on Morristown West. She had A book full of observations...Could be helpful

Morristown West definitely has a good chance, especially since Oak Ridge gave up at season's end(I'm still shell-shocked by that). South Greene can definitely get by Upperman. As far as A is concerned, nobody will beat Clarkrange.

All six Upper East Tennessee teams are still alive. Morristown West has a home game against Powell. Tennessee High must travel to Bearden. South Greene must travel to Seymour. Elizabethton will host Gibbs. Hampton is at home against Wartburg. Cloudland has the toughest game, as they must visit Oliver Springs. Here is a little comparison of these six teams. South Greene gave Morristown West their only loss and beat Elizabethton three times. Elizabethton beat South Greene in the Regional final. Hampton had a four point loss to Elizabethton in the regular season and Cloudland beat Hampton once. Elizabethton beat Hampton twice and beat Cloudland once. Morristown West beat South Greene twice, Tennessee High, and Cloudland once. You could look at that and say there is not a huge difference between the five teams. That either means none of them are really that good or that all of them are pretty darn good. I especially think it speaks well for the single A teams (Hampton and Cloudland) and the double AA teams (Elizabethton and South Greene). If Morristown West is truly the #1 AAA team in the state, then I believe the other five teams have a real chance to make some noise. It has been a long time since Upper East Tennessee has had any statewide success. Could one of these teams bring home a Gold Ball? I hope so. Go Upper East!!!!!!!!!!!