Temple vs Grace Baptist

dadoffour

Congratulations to the Golden Eagles for playing a great game last night. You guys never quit and showed great mental toughness. Also, congratulations to the coaching staff. You have done a great job getting this team ready to play these kind of games at this point in the season. And then, one last time....thank you Silverdale for beating Grace....You woke up a sleeping giant!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

They did the same thing for our baseball team last year.....Looks like Silverdale is slowly becoming Grace's best friend! AWWWW!!!! I for one would rather see us do it on our own like we use to and not wait for that motivation! Silverdale and David Brainerd are going to keep getting better and better, always striving to beat Grace in anything. So let's not let our guard down for even one game! I know this is making our division more exciting and it can only make us all better teams! Congratulations to Grace's boys basketball team and our so called "incompetent coach's" (previous posts). You didn't let all the negative talk mess with you, it only seemed to make you better! Now stay focused and GO ALL THE WAY!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all great Job Grace coaching staff for getting the boys fired up! the defensive game plan for the last three temple games has just been exactly what it had to be, " nearly perfect" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> sencond, i can not wait to see Grace get out of CHEATanooga, these reffs are just deplorable!!!! do they have a personal vendeta against patrick?? and if so can any one tell me why??? he gets hacked almost every single time he gos up with the ball and hey, gues what no call!! then on the other side of the court if any one gets close to any of the temple players the reff will call it on pat!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=", im sorry that just makes me madder than a mashed cat!! 3rd i liked the composure Grace had they just kept it comming and even when temple would get a few lucky streaks Grace just shut it down. CONDGRATULATIONS PATRICK!!! he deserved MVP for all his verry hard work great sportsmanship and for putting up with so much crap from these reffs /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and last yes temple brought their whole school to try to counter 1/4 of Graces student section and the Screaming Eagles came out on top once again! i hope to see Grace and Temple in the state championship /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats on the Eagles victory last night they played as a team and exacuted where temple did not. Sexton looked like he was trying to force the ball to much and grace was lookin for the open guy and not reling on one person to take them to victory. i agree with you gomocs!! everything you said sums up what i have to say /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats Grace from all of the other schools who are tired of hearing from (A) certain Temple fan about how great they are and how THEY are the only quality basketball program in town. Is it just me or has Chattanooga basketball reached a new level with QUALITY basketball programs? Good luck to both teams.

Did anyone happen to notice the play of frashman Corey Nelson for Grace? He played great defense all night, did well on offense, and even had a dunk. He will be very good in years to come.

yes, Corey Nelson is a beast at 6'2 and good quickness for a freshman, he has dunked in every game i have seen him. he plays very smart and dependable. Grace will be fine next year as well.

yes, Corey Nelson is a beast at 6'2 and good quickness for a freshman, he has dunked in every game i have seen him. he plays very smart and dependable. Grace will be fine next year as well.

Even more importantly, Corey is an awesome kid with great character who loves his school. Corey plays hard for all the right reasons!

I apologize to you Grace fans if you thought I was putting down your team by saying they needed to play a near perfect game to beat Temple. What I mean by that is that Temple plays very consistently and until recently Grace has not. Grace is doing a wonderful job at shaking off the reputation of the last two years and your coach has played a vital role in getting the players to have the mental toughness they needed. Someone said in an earlier post that Silverdale awoke a sleeping giant. How true! Even though I despise losing to Grace, it bothers me more to see a team not play their best. Last night was about as an intense and enjoyable game as I have seen all season.

You guys showed excellent composure in the third quarter last night. Temple came out and started a run, your coach called time out, then you guys took over on some great defensive plays and won the third quarter and that was the difference in the game.

As far as the fouls go on Patrick, I would say that you all are probably used to that from what I can tell (Patrick is in foul trouble more than any player I know). I did think one or two of the five fouls he received were questionable but they happened too far away from me to really comment about. Actually, I thought there were plenty of questionable fouls to go around.

I apologize to you Grace fans if you thought I was putting down your team by saying they needed to play a near perfect game to beat Temple. What I mean by that is that Temple plays very consistently and until recently Grace has not. Grace is doing a wonderful job at shaking off the reputation of the last two years and your coach has played a vital role in getting the players to have the mental toughness they needed. Someone said in an earlier post that Silverdale awoke a sleeping giant. How true! Even though I despise losing to Grace, it bothers me more to see a team not play their best. Last night was about as an intense and enjoyable game as I have seen all season.

You guys showed excellent composure in the third quarter last night. Temple came out and started a run, your coach called time out, then you guys took over on some great defensive plays and won the third quarter and that was the difference in the game.

As far as the fouls go on Patrick, I would say that you all are probably used to that from what I can tell (Patrick is in foul trouble more than any player I know). I did think one or two of the five fouls he received were questionable but they happened too far away from me to really comment about. Actually, I thought there were plenty of questionable fouls to go around.

yes the whole game was some what troubling from a fans point of view that group of reffs were terrible in my opinion, not to mention one of the reffs even mocked Harper on one occatioin! he is at the game for one reason and that is to call the game the best of his ability and i just didnt think they did that last night at the pitt!! and that is for both Grace and Tennessee Temple

yes the whole game was some what troubling from a fans point of view that group of reffs were terrible in my opinion, not to mention one of the reffs even mocked Harper on one occatioin! he is at the game for one reason and that is to call the game the best of his ability and i just didnt think they did that last night at the pitt!! and that is for both Grace and Tennessee Temple

Thanks for the good words on the Clay/Temple thread. The way you guys are playing right now, you guys should be skinning a bunch of buffaloes Monday night. I noticed that no one has started a Grace/Clarkrange thread yet. Is that because there really is not anything to say?

How did the ref mock Harper? I did not catch that.

Thanks for the good words on the Clay/Temple thread. The way you guys are playing right now, you guys should be skinning a bunch of buffaloes Monday night. I noticed that no one has started a Grace/Clarkrange thread yet. Is that because there really is not anything to say?

How did the ref mock Harper? I did not catch that.

no problem i would love to see a 5th " holy war" (Grace VS Temple) as they say on the streets /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> but thanks , Grace has beat clarkrange 2 times already and the last time was by 19 so temple should roll easy. fuquan fouled or reached on sexton i think and he didnt think it was a foul becouse it wasnt much contact on the play but, he put his hands up and the reff immatated him, i thought that was kind of immature especialy after all of the terrible calls all night.