Elizabethton Wins Region!

krichunaka

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coachh17 will float back to earth sometime around midnight to provide details, but essentially:

South Greene inbounded with single-digits remaining... took a quick shot... Elizabethton

rebounds, heads the other way; Powell hits Pietrowski in stride, in the paint for the winning

shot. Do I have that right?

Edited per Coachh17 - - Bowling to Pietrowski.

"Sometimes, nice guys finish first"! I am thrilled for Coach Len Dugger. What a game. Elizabethton came out strong and led by 4 at the quarter. South Greene battled it back to a 23-23 halftime tie. The third and early part of the fourth quarter South Greene was on the verge of blowing it open, building as much as a nine point lead. Elizabethton did not panic and methodically cut into the margin. With the Cyclones down two and under a minute to go, Kamra Fritz got a five second violation on Dye.Elizabethton inbounded at half court to Jasmine Jefferson, who took the ball all the way to the goal for a tying layup. South Greene set up for the final shot to win, but put up a jumper just inside the foul line with 8 seconds left. The ball rolled off the side of the rim to Chelsea Bowling. Bowling dribbled to just past half court and threw a long pass to a streaking Mariah Pietrowski. Pietrowski made a nice catch right under the rim, gathered herself, adjusted her body and banked in a one footer just before the final horn. The Cyclone faithful exploded and the South Greene fans and players went limp. These are two outstanding teams and I hope they both make it to Murfreesboro. I credit South Greene for toughening up the Cyclones in the first three games. It has made them a better team. Coach Len Dugger and his staff are to be commended for continuing to improve this team as the season has progressed. Pietrowski, Bowling (played big tonight), and Jefferson made the all tournety team. 5"1" sophomore point guard Kristen Powell was named MVP. She didn't score much, but she got the ball up the floor all night, even against double and triple team pressure. I thought it was a pretty well called game on both sides and both teams played clean. The fans were heated, but it stayed civil. Great game, GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!

rebels vs. cyclones part 4. all you can say is it was a classic game between 2 quality teams battling to the final horn. we congragulate the lady cyclones on their victory,they played hard and never give up. the rebel faithful wish you the very best of luck against gibbs saturday night and we wish for one small favor. lets meet one more time this year, and that would be in the state championship. i mean hey one way or another lets bring the big gold ball back to east tennessee.

rebels vs. cyclones part 4. all you can say is it was a classic game between 2 quality teams battling to the final horn. we congragulate the lady cyclones on their victory,they played hard and never give up. the rebel faithful wish you the very best of luck against gibbs saturday night and we wish for one small favor. lets meet one more time this year, and that would be in the state championship. i mean hey one way or another lets bring the big gold ball back to east tennessee.

CONGRATULATIONS CYCLONES YOU PULLED THIS ONE OUT , SOUTH GREENE PLAYED A HECK OF A BALLGAME GOT SOME LOUSY CALLS BUT,BETSY ENDED UP ON TOP ..GREAT GAME ON BOTH SIDES GOOD LUCK TO BOTH !!!!!!!!

Classy post ladyrebelfan. Apparently, God1st and the rest of Rebel Nation is taking the night off. I understand it is tough to take a heart-breaking loss like that.

Classy post ladyrebelfan. Apparently, God1st and the rest of Rebel Nation is taking the night off. I understand it is tough to take a heart-breaking loss like that.

Both teams have earned to be where they are and both have the potential to make it to State and win. Nobody likes to lose, but it is a part of life. Elizabethton played a great game as did South Greene. Too many "what ifs". Both teams played their heart out and Elizabethton came out on top. I wish the best for you all and "one more meeting". Take care and God Bless.

Good Luck Cyclones on Saturday night!. Like others have said, Let's get the job done on Saturday Night and take the road to the West and bring the Gold and Silver back to the East!!!!!!

I would love to see these two teams meet again for a state title, but they both have a tough game Saturday night. Elizabethton has been in the sub-state six of the last seven years, but to date only won in 2005. If both these District 1 powers were to reach the title game, I would want the Gold Ball in Elizabethton.....you all already have 4 of them! Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!

If we both get there, I'll take it! Having been on the losing end of several games like last night, I know Rebel Nation is hurting. The trick is to let it go quickly, use it as motivation, and come out guns blazing on Saturday. Elizabethton has to come back down to earth and recapture the fire they had last night for Saturday. I am sure Gibbs and Seymour will be ready to play. Go District 1 !!!!!!!!!!