Memphis Central Blast Memphis Overton by 28!

fed123

Central blistered Overton with a first round oops "quarter" TKO. Erica burgess hit them with a jab, then Whiteside's left hook wobbled them. The ref called a standing eight count " timeout", then Ballard hit Overton with a upper cut " spin move for two" I yelled Body Blow and Taylor immediately hit them with that Garnet move down low. We were waiting for them to throw in the towel but they grabbed the ropes instead, "qrt ended". Round two, Ajanaku hits them with a combination left, right, left as she rose for two ( she had a double double). I think you get the point...

The final 16 teams remaining are all talented and well deserving, but what everyone outside of Memphis fails to realize IMO is this, they are a five headed monster. Burgess is one of the best athletes in the state and faster with the ball than most players without it. Ajanuku is a freak of nature, she has mad hops, six feet and plays all five positions. Taylor as versatile as they come, has to play post for this squad but would drop 25 a night if she did not transfer from Collierville. Whiteside, a do it all freshman guard from Jp Freeman who has no pressure with this surrounding cast, she is 5'10 and gets double figures nightly. Last but not least, Ballard the best freshman in the state. She will cross you, take you off the bounce and is becoming a dead eye three ball shooter. Pick your poison, it's a slow death or the electric chair same results. WHO's GOT NEXT.. Glass house here they come!

P.S. MarkH I need those rooms.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised by the ease in which Central defeated Overton. Congratulations Lady Warriors for winning the Region 8 Championship. The game started slow for both teams with the score ending 10-5 after the 1st. qt. with Central leading. Central cranked up the defensive intensity in the second qt. limiting Overton to one shot each time down the court on the way to a 28-9 halftime lead. Central managed to stay out of foul trouble while playing outstanding defense. The second half was more of the same with the Lady Warriors forcing several turnovers and out rebounding the Lady Wolverines enroute to a 59-31 victory. Enjoy this victory tonight, but the big test will come Saturday against a Bartlett team which lost for the fourth time this year to Millington 55-48. Bartlett will have their sights set on a return trip to the"Boro" but will have to face a Central "TEAM" that's playing their best basketball of the year. Jasmine James will need a lot of help to defeat this Central squad. Good Luck to both teams.

Oh yes, the Lady Warriors played really well tonight. I was surprised that the Overton Lady Wolverines' coach benched four of the five starters at the end of the first half. The Lady Wolverines put up a valiant fight though. I wonder where the local TV coverage was. They did cover the West Memphis Arkansas high school games. They won too. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Oh well.....

Congratulations to the Central girls. Their coaches really have them ready to play. Of course they have superb talent, but without a capable coach to manage it, talent by itself can only take a team so far. I think Coach Bray really matches well with her outstanding players, and they have to be one of the clear favorites to make it all the way to the end. I'm sure it will be tough getting through Ms. James and her Bartlett gang, but unless everyone from Central is in foul trouble and isn't shooting well, I believe Central will prevail.

I do have to wonder about Coach Rosser from Overton...benching the players that got you to this point just doesn't make sense. I am a fan of his, but I think this time he let his own emotions get in the way of his coaching.

Any way it goes down, there are 4 strong teams left from Memphis, so odds are that one of them should be left standing at the end. Go Memphis!

Congratulations to the Central girls. Their coaches really have them ready to play. Of course they have superb talent, but without a capable coach to manage it, talent by itself can only take a team so far. I think Coach Bray really matches well with her outstanding players, and they have to be one of the clear favorites to make it all the way to the end. I'm sure it will be tough getting through Ms. James and her Bartlett gang, but unless everyone from Central is in foul trouble and isn't shooting well, I believe Central will prevail.

I do have to wonder about Coach Rosser from Overton...benching the players that got you to this point just doesn't make sense. I am a fan of his, but I think this time he let his own emotions get in the way of his coaching.

Any way it goes down, there are 4 strong teams left from Memphis, so odds are that one of them should be left standing at the end. Go Memphis!

I believe Central will go also.

As far as Coach Rosser, he made a statement to his team early and it cost them one game, and then they swept the rest of the regular district season. I believe the same could be true again and he is still building to a strong contender for next year not just this season.

One of his players said that something happened at half time that caused several of his starters to sit out. I don't know what happened, but apparently he is willing to stand by his principles. Since his team will advance anyway, it may have been a good time to prove a point.

Good luck to all Memphis area teams, we have some great talent and some great girls period. It will be hard to see anyone lose.

One of his players said that something happened at half time that caused several of his starters to sit out. I don't know what happened, but apparently he is willing to stand by his principles. Since his team will advance anyway, it may have been a good time to prove a point.

Good luck to all Memphis area teams, we have some great talent and some great girls period. It will be hard to see anyone lose.

BBall,

Man supporting a coach is a tremendously positive trait. Collierville has tremendous academic avenues.

BBall,

Man supporting a coach is a tremendously positive trait. Collierville has tremendous academic avenues.

Hey, I do my best, but I must be honest, it's always a lot easier to support a coach when it's not your own! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BTW I can't imagine what a coach would have to do to make me give up the IB Program at Ridgeway, but nice try!

Hey, I do my best, but I must be honest, it's always a lot easier to support a coach when it's not your own! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BTW I can't imagine what a coach would have to do to make me give up the IB Program at Ridgeway, but nice try!

Yelp, we have gotten several kids over the last couple of years from Ridgeway's IB program. They had to drop our honors classes. And again I am only talking Academics. We currently have 102 kids with a 30+ ACT score. We have 4 or 5 Nation merit finalist this year too...