Are the Whiners hypocrites??

One of the biggest arguments that you whiners have is that private schools are generally located in a more populated area and they have a large segment of the population to choose from. (This isn`t true, but that`s another debate) I sure wish that one of the whiners would step up and tell me the difference between a private school not having boundaries and public schools in Memphis who can receive kids from out of their district.

I got news for you folks...Memphis is a heck of a lot bigger than Jackson and yet they can accept kids from another school zone.

I don`t hear anyone complaining about unfair advantages in Memphis. OH WAIT those are public schools and you guys are only bigots when it comes to private schools. Why is there not an outcry about the fact that Memphis kids can pretty much select where they want to go to schools? Maybe it should be ok for a kid in Memphis to attend a school out of district, but should he be allowed to play sports??? Hey maybe these schools should be split out from all the other schools or have a multiplier tagged on them. So where is the outcry?? The answer is that the whiners are hypocrites! Until the hypocrites want to crusade against their own public schools who have similar circumstances, then is their no doubt that they are just whiners, looking to only help themselves??

This post is meant to be inflamatory in order to get you guys to actually THINK about some of your arguments.

PEACE

VG

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not something I necessarily agree with(Memphis), but I don't know the whole situation.

Give me some numbers and I'll induldge you.

How many public schools are there in Memphis?

How many students in Memphis publics, total and individually?

I somehow doubt you have all the details. Or if you do you did not share them. For example:

School X is newer and nicer. 3,000 students wish to attend School X. The school has a capacity of 1,600 students. Which students go?

Oh yeah and one other thing you seem to forget about our the arguement that I and others make.

IT CONCERNS THE PRIVATES IN 1A AND 2A! How many of these "zone free" Memphis public schools are going to be playing in 1A or 2A?

If just one does then yes, there is a bit of hypocracy going on, but I doubt that will be the case.

If you can supply the details, I'm in, if not shut up!

Posted by just1np:

That is not something I necessarily agree with(Memphis), but I don't know the whole situation.

I somehow doubt you have all the details. Or if you do you did not share them. For example:

School X is newer and nicer. 3,000 students wish to attend School X. The school has a capacity of 1,600 students. Which students go?

Oh yeah and one other thing you seem to forget about our the arguement that I and others make.

IT CONCERNS THE PRIVATES IN 1A AND 2A! How many of these "zone free" Memphis public schools are going to be playing in 1A or 2A?

If just one does then yes, there is a bit of hypocracy going on, but I doubt that will be the case.

It doesn`t matter if they are 1A or 2A schools. The argument has been put forth here that Div.1 private schools have an advantage of a larger area to get kids from. So if a Memphis school can attract kids from anywhere in the city and the kid is eligible to play ball, then what`s the difference? As you can see, you`re the only one who has posted so far. That`s why I asked the question...Are the whiner`s hypocrites?

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:
Posted by just1np:

It doesn`t matter if they are 1A or 2A schools. The argument has been put forth here that Div.1 private schools have an advantage of a larger area to get kids from. So if a Memphis school can attract kids from anywhere in the city and the kid is eligible to play ball, then what`s the difference? As you can see, you`re the only one who has posted so far. That`s why I asked the question...Are the whiner`s hypocrites?

Vol Gen, why don't you suggest to the great football minds at USJ that they should play some of those schools in Memphis! I'm sure they would jump at the chance to play at that level instead of beating up on weak sisters. Anybody can claim to have the stats and the facts but the truth of the matter is you guys don't want to play up to teams that can compete with you each week. I think you are the whiners because you are afraid to play just private school teams. An all private school league would place you guys right where most of the small 1a and 2a schools are now. That is why you don't want to be forced into a all private class. It is easy to beat up on weaker teams but much tougher to play up to your real potential.

VG,

you have forgotten the golden rule with these people. Logic and facts are not included for them. By there reasoning, magnet schools should also be thrown in DII. But they never say that either.

VG, we are dealing with people who have their mind made up and will not listen to facts and logic. Good post on the open zoning stuff. Later man

What is funny is the fact that just1np said that many high school athletes go to private schools for athletics...

How right you were just1np, how right you were.

I was 6'1 200 pounds, and ran probably a 5.1...couldn't jump, couldn't run real fast, not great athlete, couldn't even get the rim. If I was zoned to Germantown or Houston, I don't think I would have played do you? But I was able to play at a private school, and it was great, I even started on special teams as a 10th grader...would I have done that at Germantown? Probably not. My senior year, the seniors were offered over 2 million dollars worth of scholarship oppurtunities...by your logic, no one would have gone to that school but only to play sports, so we must have cheated all throughout high school in order to get those ACT's and GPA's...

It's just not like that man, I can see why you think that, but it's just not true. This isn't Oak Hill Academy.

Posted by lazarus:

by golly vol-gen, you are absolutely right. you guys have no advantage over the memphis schools. and i want to tell you that you have got my full support for your efforts to get reclassed so that you can play them.

So Lazarus...Are you saying that those Memphis schools should have a multiplier or be split the same as you are saying about private schools?

EGO, show me the post where I said that. Give me the link.

I don't remember saying that recently or ever.

I have never said anything about magnet schools either, one way or the other.

I do not wish for a split. I don't particularly like the other options out there either( multiplier, whatever).

I am in this purely for the debate. I have opinions, I share them for better or worse. Most of those opinions are that private schools at the 1A and 2A level could and perhps should play at a higher class.

But lately VG and EGO seem to be putting words in my mouth.

I don't care for that.

I'm not from Missouri, but SHOW ME!

No stats about the situation in Memphis have been given yet.

SHOW ME! I'll respond accordingly when some real details are posted. I'm a proud guy, but if I am wrong I'll admit it.

Simple. :o

Posted by just1np:

EGO, show me the post where I said that. Give me the link.

I don't remember saying that recently or ever.

I have never said anything about magnet schools either, one way or the other.

I do not wish for a split. I don't particularly like the other options out there either( multiplier, whatever).

I am in this purely for the debate. I have opinions, I share them for better or worse. Most of those opinions are that private schools at the 1A and 2A level could and perhps should play at a higher class.

But lately VG and EGO seem to be putting words in my mouth.

I don't care for that.

I'm not from Missouri, but SHOW ME!

No stats about the situation in Memphis have been given yet.

SHOW ME! I'll respond accordingly when some real details are posted. I'm a proud guy, but if I am wrong I'll admit it.

Simple. :o

just1np...If I have put words into your mouth then I apologize. i have been known to misread a post or two on here. If I misinterpreted something you said, then just let me know what it is and i`ll go back and reread it. Won`t be the first time i tasted crow. You seem genuinely interested in both sides of this debate.

Other thread, VG.

Back to the Memphis debate. You still have not offered more details.

Let's put it this way:

This is my understanding of your average private school. Students apply, test, maybe even get on a waiting list. If the grades are good, the behavior is respectible, and the ability to come up with the money is there the student MIGHT get into the school. This doesn't apply to every situation, I know that. MBA is the one that comes to mind as turning a lot of kids away for whatever reason. I'm sure some schools can't afford to turn anyone away, but back to the point.

Memphis open zones.

I don't know. I gave an example of a complication I would forsee in my earlier post and it seems to have been overlooked. I assume Memphis has a dozen or so public schools. They can't put all of them in the most attractive school. There has to be some sort of system. And that system may indeed be similar to that of private schools. It may come down to a draw, or waiting list, or grades. I don't know. But if any of those public school with open zones are playing in 1A or 2A please point them out to me.

I see the poit you make, but it doesn't float to me. Those schools aren't playing 1A and 2A public schools. That is why we "hypocrits" aren't mentioning it. It doesn't apply.

Show us otherwise and we'll respond accordingly.