Are the Whiners hypocrites??

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:

This thread has been on here more than a week and yet there has been no logical response from the whiners. In fact two of them (Ela and just1np) have opted to quit posting here. If you have a reasonable response I challenge you to respond. Your silence is deafening. Why is it alright for Memphis City Schools to get kids from all over the huge area and yet you cry about private schools? Jackson will have its` 1A magnet school next year that will be open to anyone in Madison County (approximate population of 90.000)next year. WHO`S COMPLAINING!!!!

Let the whining begin!!!

(Hanky anyone?)

VG

[Edited by VolunteerGeneral on 9-9-02 11:07P]

I'll take you own for at least this post! Most of us who coach are busy right now and that is why we can't bow down to your stupid, arrogant, time-table. You keep changing the subject... the real question should be why are you guys afraid fo playing other private schools, even the smaller ones in DII, or why do you refuse to move up 1 classification. You guys complain that there are only four or five good 1A public school programs, but you remain content on playing them anyway. I'll answer the question for you... you are afraid you may lose too many games! I'm not a whiner, I don't coach at a 1A school! Anytime any of you small private 1A schools want to play real competition, you can contact your administration and ask them to move up to AA or AAA! Trousdale moved up and they are still on top. If they can do it, why can't CPA, USJ, Ezell?

The question about the Memphis schools doesn't even enter the debate because they are not DI-1A schools! APPLES to ORANGES! Very Stupid Analogy! All it would take to end this debate forever would be to have about five DI private schools to move up to AA and for GP and DL to move up to AAA. Some would still be unhappy, but the majority of coaches would accept the changes. Only a BLIND MAN couldn't see the advantages that most provate schools have over these small public schools. No federal restrictions or guidlines to follow, no special Ed students, no IEP's, no stupid laws or restrictions, less teacher paperwork, no school boards to please, more involved parents, in most cases more athletic funding, open statewide enrollement (no zones), less TSSAA oversight, ability to advertise and promote, just to name a few. :(

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to get any smaller or more rural than Cloudland and I've not seen them struggle against any public schools.215 students is not a very big school.We play Cherokee a 4a school this Friday and they may beat us but we will definately compete with them. You,re post has been awnsered but I'm sure you will change the subject to something else like you always do.

Personally I do not believe in classifications, but i do understand classification by size, but other than that any more subdivision only weakens a teams championship. How much more glory Bradley Central would have had if they also bested Baylor, McCallie on their way to back to back wrestling championships, but because of the split it cheapens what they have done...there will always be doubt if they could have taken Baylor or McCallie. This applies across the board to all sports. Champions should be rare and admired, but now we have 6 different champions in football and 4 in most other sports. There should be only one in each!!!!!!

Posted by StanTrott:

KCHS:

Why are there classifications? Why does the NCAA have separate divisions?

Why don't privates play in 4A -5A? Want an answer? They don't think they compete in these divisions.

Tell the privates to grab their bootstraps and play the best teams!

Stan...you`re right there are classifications and your right, the NCAA does have separate divisions.

Now please remind me how the TSSAA separates Div.1 schools into each classification. I believe that it is by the number of students at each school. Please tell me if I`m wrong so far.

Now..you ask why don`t privates play in 4A or 5A. Well to answer your question....Private schools are classified for 1 and 2A.

Here are some questions for you...

You say tell the privates to grab their bootstraps. WHY? Why just the private schools? All private schools or just the ones that give 1A and 2A public schools good competition?

Caesar....First of all, I`m not the one changing the subject. I started this thread and if you go back and read it you`d know what the subject of this thread is. DUH!!!!

Second, I`m sorry that you`re unable to see the significance of the Memphis schools. You`re right, they don`t play in 1A, but they do play in the other divisions, thereby giving them what the whiners term as an advantage by having the opportunity to attract student athletes from all over the city of memphis which broadens their potential base to several hundreds of thousands of people. Does a Martin Westview have this same opportunity? Does a Crockett County? No.

So you see Caesar...even though the Memphis schools don`t effect 1A, they do have a much larger area to get students from than their 3A and 4A rural counterparts, yet no one is complaining about them. This is pretty hypocritical in my eyes. This whole argument has nothing to do with fairnes, but a vendetta for private schools.

I see you failed to mention your opinion on the new Jackson Magnet school. Why? What is your opinion? Or is this a stupid analogy as well. If it is, then would you please explain why?

I wanna know why Fayette Academy isn't just blowing everyone up.

Fayette County is only about 20 minutes from Memphis, and they are a private school...

The majority of Memphis is black, so the talent and athletes would be there correct?

Look at their roster, they don't have any real big time athletes...just hard working kids...but you guys don't say anything to that.

Pujo, you are right Cloudland does beat many schools...but I am talking about the regular to below level 1a schools, sorry for the confusion...and I still don't see where you answered it, but I'm done with that.

itzme:

I wish more of the larger public schools would play MBA and other strong private teams. My hat is off to MBA for playing large public schools.

My post was predominantly satirical. The "pulled up by their bootstraps" is meaningful is talking about breaking the cycle of poverty, but playing football? Pleaassseeee!

And if you want to play the best, play the best. The best teams are in 4A and 5A. If you must qualify who the best are, then you fall into the debate over classifications.

Give Rankin credit...he at least scrimmaged MBA. There is a big difference between a large public school playing a strong private and small rural school playing a private school team.

Many public coaches don't want to play privates because they feel as though the privates have "recruited" their players. If some public coaches could recruit, I would say that some of them could out-recruit the private coaches. The public coaches' hands are tied in this respect.

Posted by itzme:
Posted by StanTrott:

KCHS:

Why don't privates play in 4A -5A? Want an answer? They don't think they compete in these divisions.

No argument with most of your post at all; you make some great points. Just one small quibble. Some of the public 4A/5A teams will play the DII AAA teams. The BA v. Brentwood amd the MBA v. Dobbins-Bennett games the last two years have been well attended and great games. Some of the 5A teams (coaches, actually) refuse to play the privates not because they don't think they can compete, but because they can't stand the thought of losing to these teams, and also because it is their hope to marginalize them.

If you argue that the 1A and 2A privates should stink it up, you must also agree that the Riverdales of the world should do likewise. They'll scrimmage MBA, but they won't play them.

Vol Gen:

One response: publics have moved up in classifications. Why don't the privates?

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:
Posted by StanTrott:

KCHS:

Stan...you`re right there are classifications and your right, the NCAA does have separate divisions.

Now please remind me how the TSSAA separates Div.1 schools into each classification. I believe that it is by the number of students at each school. Please tell me if I`m wrong so far.

Now..you ask why don`t privates play in 4A or 5A. Well to answer your question....Private schools are classified for 1 and 2A.

Here are some questions for you...

You say tell the privates to grab their bootstraps. WHY? Why just the private schools? All private schools or just the ones that give 1A and 2A public schools good competition?