9-A

CoffeeBreak

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District play opened yesterday with Forrest beating Community 17-2 and MTCS beating F.C. Boyd 16-2.

Today, each of those teams play again and and Eagleville goes up on the mountain to play a DH with Van Buren.

You have to be a regular archaeologist (and a good one at that) to find out much baseball news about the teams in this district. School website information is downright sparse.

I think Cascade played Richland but I don't know the result.

District play opened yesterday with Forrest beating Community 17-2 and MTCS beating F.C. Boyd 16-2.

Today, each of those teams play again and and Eagleville goes up on the mountain to play a DH with Van Buren.

You have to be a regular archaeologist (and a good one at that) to find out much baseball news about the teams in this district. School website information is downright sparse.

I think Cascade played Richland but I don't know the result.

At the risk of being accused of carrying on a conversation with myself...

Cascade 14 Richland 0.

Looks like 9A baseball is not as popular as 9A football. This district lights up the threads in the fall. Where'd everyone go?

Come on cougarball. You know the answer to your own question. Everyone knows that MTCS is going to dominate in 9A. Everyone else is trying to figure out who is 2nd best. Who wants to talk about being 2nd best? Cougars all the way!!!!!

I have not had a chance to watch Cascade this year but seemed impressive beating Richland 14-0. Cascade is the team to beat in the district until they are unseated of their back to back district championships. Should be a great season of 9A baseball and I am sure it will come down to the end with Cascade, MTCS, and Forrest.

According to the Tennessean, Eagleville lost to JP2 last night in a close one 2-1. More games scheduled for today (weather permitting I assume)...

MTCS @ Moore Cty; Cascade @ Cannon Cty; Huntland @ Community.

Tomorrow's match-ups are:

Boyd Christian @ Eagleville; Cornersville @ MTCS; Huntland @ Cascade; South Pittsburg @ Van Buren.

I have not had a chance to watch Cascade this year but seemed impressive beating Richland 14-0. Cascade is the team to beat in the district until they are unseated of their back to back district championships. Should be a great season of 9A baseball and I am sure it will come down to the end with Cascade, MTCS, and Forrest.

Agree completely, Cascade is the lead dog until they are unseated. And, as that great philosopher Lewis Grizzard used to say, "Life is like a dogsled team, if you ain't the lead dog, the scenary never changes." However, at this point in the season all teams are optimistic until proven otherwise. MTCS did what they should have this week. Looks like Forrest and Eagleville did as well.

Can't wait for some warm weather games...