W. TN Single A Substate

volfan007

The majority of the people who said that LC is better than Manassas were Scotts Hill fans who seemed to have a bit of a problem with Manassas...There were some that predicted LC to go down and pull the upset but it was pretty widely accepted that Manassas was the favorite...As I said earlier today, a lot of the people who picked LC to win did so "hoping" they would win...It appears that was wishful thinking..

Humboldt and Manassas (if it happens) is going to be a war...Buckner and company want that gold ball that eluded them last year and Humboldt has been chasing the same thing for the past 5 years...Not to mention Humboldt has a score to settle with Manassas after that thumping the Tigers gave us down in Memphis last year..

Ha, yea I was one of the wishful ones, although LC did go down there and play with Manassas for 3 quarters, but the 2nd quarter is what killed LC in the game (being outscore by 9 [17-8]).

I trust bigster's assessment of both teams, so hopefully he's right.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of the people who said that LC is better than Manassas were Scotts Hill fans who seemed to have a bit of a problem with Manassas...There were some that predicted LC to go down and pull the upset but it was pretty widely accepted that Manassas was the favorite...As I said earlier today, a lot of the people who picked LC to win did so "hoping" they would win...It appears that was wishful thinking..

Humboldt and Manassas (if it happens) is going to be a war...Buckner and company want that gold ball that eluded them last year and Humboldt has been chasing the same thing for the past 5 years...Not to mention Humboldt has a score to settle with Manassas after that thumping the Tigers gave us down in Memphis last year..

Thanks, Red16

I understand.

--------------------------------------------

I agree about the (potential) Humboldt/Manassas matchup....should be a down right dog-fight, MUCH more competitive than last year's game.

You seem like a very SENSIBLE fan, Red16.

....Very refreshing! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ha, yea I was one of the wishful ones, although LC did go down there and play with Manassas for 3 quarters, but the 2nd quarter is what killed LC in the game (being outscore by 9 [17-8]).

I trust bigster's assessment of both teams, so hopefully he's right.

Don't feel too bad...I wanted LC to win too...I just felt like Manassas was going to be too much for them, especially down in Memphis...

Bigster's assessment is pretty encouraging but I just hope no Humboldt players see that...

Probably getting ahead of ourselves a little here...Manassas and Humboldt won't be the only good teams there...Us West TN fans have made this mistake before...I do feel like we have the best team, but we won't be able to overlook anyone at this point...While the East TN teams won't be as talented or as big, they will play smart, fundamental basketball and they will shoot the three consistently..It's "bring your A game or go home" at this point..

Thanks, Red16

I understand.

--------------------------------------------

I agree about the (potential) Humboldt/Manassas matchup....should be a down right dog-fight, MUCH more competitive than last year's game.

You seem like a very SENSIBLE fan, Red16.

....Very refreshing! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Appreciate it...I've read some of your posts and you seem to have a pretty good idea as to what's going on down there in Memphis...I believe we both share the same opinion as far as thinking that Manassas was a better team last year...They seem to be a little more dependent on Buckner this year (although they still have some other weapons like Woodard, Northington, and Walker) and not near as strong of a shooting team..

Just wondering....

I noticed that the P.A announcer said that Manassas' record was 21-2..I think now they are actually 26-2....Point being that is 28 total games heading into the state tournament....

There was talk last year that Manassas had played too many games..They ended up playing 41 games in all...At this time last season they had already played 38 games...Is there a reason why the Tigers haven't played as many games or did the T.$.$.A.A. come down with some sort of sanction restricting the number of games Manassas played this season??...

I heard or read somewhere that the T.$.$.A.A. did sanction them for playing too many games last year as well they should have. Everyone should have to play by the same rules. But it basically amounts to a slap on the wrist.

Appreciate it...I've read some of your posts and you seem to have a pretty good idea as to what's going on down there in Memphis...I believe we both share the same opinion as far as thinking that Manassas was a better team last year...They seem to be a little more dependent on Buckner this year (although they still have some other weapons like Woodard, Northington, and Walker) and not near as strong of a shooting team..

way off of subject and I'm sorry, but red...there's a VERY good chance that Memphis is going to land John Wall. This has come up because he wants to play with a big man like Cousins. That means #1, #2, and #3 according to rivals.

Are you going to be in the Boro next Wednesday?

way off of subject and I'm sorry, but red...there's a VERY good chance that Memphis is going to land John Wall. This has come up because he wants to play with a big man like Cousins. That means #1, #2, and #3 according to rivals.

Are you going to be in the Boro next Wednesday?

Heard that as well...Just read online yesterday that we got Cousins..Them Tigers are going to be AWFULLY tough next year..I just hope Calipari can keep all that talent and ego under control...Might not have enough basketballs for Wall AND Henry...I hear Cousins comes with some baggage too..This recruiting class is comparable to the one Michigan had years back that included Chris Webber, Jalen Rose, Juan Howard, and others that made up the "Fab Five"...I'm sure there have been some other ones that were awfully good but that's the one that comes to mind...

Don't you just hate it for Willie Kemp though?? The kid takes his team to an Elite 8 his freshmen year at point guard only to lose his position to Derek Rose, Tyreke Evans, and now more than likely John Wall (three one-and-done guys)..

Might not be able to make it until Friday but I'm working a few angles trying to make some things happen...I just hope we don't draw Manassas first game...That's the main one I'm wanting to see!

Thank you, and....

BINGO!

-----------------------------------------

While I am pulling very hard for Manassas (and ALL Mphs teams) to bring home the Gold Ball, I am a REALIST--I'm gonna' keep it real, regardless!!

Super-vocal Manassas supporter, Legend -- he was very quick to call me a "hater," several weeks ago, when I stated unequivocally that Manassas was NOT as good this year (vs last). I even gave the percentage of "drop-off..."

Well, I stand confidently by my earlier assestment of Manassas! Believe me, I wish I were wrong about Manassas not being as good, comparitively. But, hey--it is what it is........

I concluded that assestment, however, by saying that Manassas is still GOOD ENOUGH to get back to the Class-A State Championship game. I stand by that assestment, also.

We'll soon see how this thing plays out.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Go Manassas....... Bring that Gold Ball back to Memphis!

Congrats to Manassas on the win tonight...I'm going to give my unbiased opinion on Manassas and Humboldt..First..about the game tonight..Lake Co started out with a 6-0 lead but Manassas got a couple turnovers to take the lead..Lake Co for some reason couldn't seem to dribble..Manassas stole the ball about 5 times on Lake Co taking the ball in bounds and as the guards were turning around to dribble..Manassas just took the ball away..Terrible handling of the ball..I actually thought #35 was the best player on the floor...Lake Co lost and probably no matter what I say..is going to sound like because we lost..I'm hating on Manassas...Lake Co played awlful..didn't deserve to win..I thought it was a pretty good officiated game..Very surprised being in Memphis..We've won a lot of games that the official were just horribe..All officials are going to miss calls..but it was ok tonight..Now..about Humboldt and Manassas..Fro my take..Buckner only looked to be a couple inches taller than Avery..I was expecting the rest of the team to be bigger but was about the same size as Lake Co..#3 handles the ball pretty well but doesn't look to have that good a shot..Number 25 shoots from his shoulder..His shot is uglier than Patrick Robertson..He will never get that shot off against Humboldt..Buckner had a pretty slam off a rebound and anothe ras he blew past Russell..Tiger was wanting to put money up..I have $50.00 that says Humboldt will win and I actually believe it will be by double digits..I just don't think Manassas has the shooters to shoot over the taller Humboldt defenders..Humboldt is the best team I've seen so far this year in Single A..Tonight was the same ole Lake Co..Patrick Robertson shooting way too many 3's..He did hit a couple late..but missed about 10 before that..He has all summer to practice ...Dominic was pretty well a no show..Missed a wide open layup and lost his man on defense several times..Buckner was guarding Patrick and Lake Co had a shoret man by about 3 inches on avery but the same old story..Go outside and shoot threes instead of going under the basket..But..been that way all year..Maybe I can sleep tonight now that it's over..Anyway..I believe Humboldt is the favorite to take the title..Don't know about any of the middle and East Tenn games..but I just about bet Manassas won't be in the title game!

Well all no bigster dont no nothing he picked LC to WIN!!!! lol!!!

Bigster didnt tell yall that Buckner locked Roberson down man 2 man did he!!!!!!

He also didnt tell yall that 6"2 Joe Northington locked Avery down in the 1st half!!!!

Say what you wont but Manassas didnt play there best game tonight and still won!!!!

Manassas locked LC down on D!!! but nobody wonts to say that!!!!

You wont sleep tonight you are SICK!!!!

ALL year LC will beat Manassas!!! Manassas struggle with Middleton!!!! Looks like Middle ton would beat yall!!

Middleton is a much better team then LC was!!!!!

Humboldt Fans listen to this guy and Manassas shock YALL!!!!

Thank you, and....

BINGO!

-----------------------------------------

While I am pulling very hard for Manassas (and ALL Mphs teams) to bring home the Gold Ball, I am a REALIST--I'm gonna' keep it real, regardless!!

Super-vocal Manassas supporter, Legend -- he was very quick to call me a "hater," several weeks ago, when I stated unequivocally that Manassas was NOT as good this year (vs last). I even gave the percentage of "drop-off..."

Well, I stand confidently by my earlier assestment of Manassas! Believe me, I wish I were wrong about Manassas not being as good, comparitively. But, hey--it is what it is........

I concluded that assestment, however, by saying that Manassas is still GOOD ENOUGH to get back to the Class-A State Championship game. I stand by that assestment, also.

We'll soon see how this thing plays out.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Go Manassas....... Bring that Gold Ball back to Memphis!

you got to be a hater if you think BTW is better this year then last!!!! Dyer Co just lost everybody!!!

Legend,

PLEASE..........For once, could you please TRY to formulate a coherent argument, devoid of trite hyperbole and adolescent psychology?

Actually, makes more sense sometimes than some pretentious, inane configuration of fancy adjectives /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />