Shelbyville vs. Walker Valley

deadeyedave

You guys just can't even get close to admitting that WVHS had anything to do with Twilley having his worst game ever. I'd say it had to do with Brice Sharp and good general perimeter defense by Ware and Burrell as well. You just don't come into a sub state game over confident and a lack of focus.

Dude I've watched Deonte play since he was about 9 years old.. he was breaking high schoolers ankles then, so don't even think Sharp was the reason! Yall played good D I give that much to ya, but seriously u remember all the times last night he took it the length of the floor untouched?! yeah that's Twilley not the guy that turns the ball over 9 times! I don't know who that was!.. If u think Sharp's the reason then get them to play one-on one he'll make Sharp look like an embarrassment to your school! We said our congrats and good luck so shut it!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys just can't even get close to admitting that WVHS had anything to do with Twilley having his worst game ever. I'd say it had to do with Brice Sharp and good general perimeter defense by Ware and Burrell as well. You just don't come into a sub state game over confident and a lack of focus.

The defense WV was similar to what we have faced all year. Twilley is use to a lot more pressure than that. My statement about over confidence had nothing to do with the way they came into the game. They were preparing for a close ballgame and a good team. They were focused for the first quarter and a half. I think the over confidence and lack of focus started at half time and I believe it was from one player....the key leader of the team. (Twilley) Your guys did a good job on defense, but it wasn't anything he hasn't seen all year. I think the difference came down to Twilley getting posted up down low. I believe he lost his offensive focus during that streak of time. It was a good tactical move to have your guy post him up because of the height advantage. You have to play both ends of the floor and Twilley wasn't there in the 2nd half. The way WV stayed with their gameplan and the execution of it was the real difference. They played a good solid defense but Twilley has handled the toughest of defenses all year and a lot quicker people guarding him. He didn't distribute the ball like he typically does and everyone that knows him will tell you he wasn't focused. Then WV made those mistakes costly. They put the ball in the hole when they needed to...and we didn't. End result you win... a good solid effort from your guys. Not taking anything away from them at all.

Isn't Marable a senior also/

Marable and Starnes are both seniors but didn't start. I meant that our only senior starter was Deonta.

The defense WV was similar to what we have faced all year. Twilley is use to a lot more pressure than that. My statement about over confidence had nothing to do with the way they came into the game. They were preparing for a close ballgame and a good team. They were focused for the first quarter and a half. I think the over confidence and lack of focus started at half time and I believe it was from one player....the key leader of the team. (Twilley) Your guys did a good job on defense, but it wasn't anything he hasn't seen all year. I think the difference came down to Twilley getting posted up down low. I believe he lost his offensive focus during that streak of time. It was a good tactical move to have your guy post him up because of the height advantage. You have to play both ends of the floor and Twilley wasn't there in the 2nd half. The way WV stayed with their gameplan and the execution of it was the real difference. They played a good solid defense but Twilley has handled the toughest of defenses all year and a lot quicker people guarding him. He didn't distribute the ball like he typically does and everyone that knows him will tell you he wasn't focused. Then WV made those mistakes costly. They put the ball in the hole when they needed to...and we didn't. End result you win... a good solid effort from your guys. Not taking anything away from them at all.

Marable and Starnes are both seniors but didn't start. I meant that our only senior starter was Deonta.

How is Twilley's attitude today man?

Dude I've watched Deonte play since he was about 9 years old.. he was breaking high schoolers ankles then, so don't even think Sharp was the reason! Yall played good D I give that much to ya, but seriously u remember all the times last night he took it the length of the floor untouched?! yeah that's Twilley not the guy that turns the ball over 9 times! I don't know who that was!.. If u think Sharp's the reason then get them to play one-on one he'll make Sharp look like an embarrassment to your school! We said our congrats and good luck so shut it!

Some of you guys crack me up. You talk trash before a game (like the one-on-one scenario above) then your team loses. You say congrats and good luck and no one is allowed to say anything. I would rather talk about what did happen and why instead of acting like a pre-game expert. I do wish Shelbyville the best of luck next year. Just dont take any game or oppenent for granted.

My bad on the statement of confidence and focus. Knowing what you meant and remembering more of the game now, I beleive you are right. Maybe WVHS took Twilley out of his normal environment. He seems to be a really good athlete. I am sure he will bounce back nicely and make someone a good ball player at the next level. Best of luck.

My bad on the statement of confidence and focus. Knowing what you meant and remembering more of the game now, I beleive you are right. Maybe WVHS took Twilley out of his normal environment. He seems to be a really good athlete. I am sure he will bounce back nicely and make someone a good ball player at the next level. Best of luck.

Thanks for the dialogue on this thread, maybe we can do it again next year. Good Luck

Thanks for the dialogue on this thread, maybe we can do it again next year. Good Luck

Thanks to you also. I enjoyed it as well. I don't get on here very often at all. And about next year? Who knows? WVHS is losing 4 senior starters. Both Cleveland (District) and Red Bank (Region) will be hard to beat next. But you never know, that's why they play. The kids off the WV bench this year may be stronger then we know. With SC's returning players, you guys should have a really strong chance at a State Tourney run next year.

Thanks to you also. I enjoyed it as well. I don't get on here very often at all. And about next year? Who knows? WVHS is losing 4 senior starters. Both Cleveland (District) and Red Bank (Region) will be hard to beat next. But you never know, that's why they play. The kids off the WV bench this year may be stronger then we know. With SC's returning players, you guys should have a really strong chance at a State Tourney run next year.

Don't under estimate your younger guys. Its amazing how some of these kids grow in a year. You will be surprised. Good Luck

for one u needa get ur facts straight. walker valley is way over rated we should have beaten yall badly. if it wasnt for some lucky threes at the end of the half and the worse officials i have ever seen it would have been a totally different outcome. they would call hardly anything on yall in the second half. it was outrageous. just some more of that east tn. hometown cooking. and dont say anything about the fans. its pretty sad to get out numered when u are at home. yall couldnt even sell that little box out that yall call a gym. walker valley will get handled in the state . way over rated.

Your right it's a tiny gym. However, I'm sorry your an ignorant sore loser and you can say all you want from your couch, while I post next week in Mid. Tenn. Sorry we were better at shooting than you thought. And if you honestly think the refs were in your favor your crazy. I'm not saying they were against us, but they called some serious ghost fouls for against us. Get your facts straight while I can use my favorite statement...... Better luck next year.

Your right it's a tiny gym. However, I'm sorry your an ignorant sore loser and you can say all you want from your couch, while I post next week in Mid. Tenn. Sorry we were better at shooting than you thought. And if you honestly think the refs were in your favor your crazy. I'm not saying they were against us, but they called some serious ghost fouls for against us. Get your facts straight while I can use my favorite statement...... Better luck next year.

8 for 27 on 3's... that's better shooting?!

I thought the officiating was fine on both ends of the floor. The officials didn't change the outcome of the game and thats a good thing.

Good Luck!