MBA Baseball

goldenbears66

MBA lost 7 starters off last years team, but does anyone know how they will be this year? I've heard they have a few young guys that are pretty good, but does anyone have details on them? Do they have the pitching or hitting to make a run at the title? Who will replace their big hitters like Mishu and Harris off last years team?

MBA lost 7 starters off last years team, but does anyone know how they will be this year? I've heard they have a few young guys that are pretty good, but does anyone have details on them? Do they have the pitching or hitting to make a run at the title? Who will replace their big hitters like Mishu and Harris off last years team?

Saw them play last week. Wasnt impressed with them at all. They are not a contender in DII. JMO.

Saw them play last week. Wasnt impressed with them at all. They are not a contender in DII. JMO.

I didn't think they would be. I heard their mostly a young team and their senior class is not very good. I think the team is mostly made up of juniors and a few freshman and sophmores. That may not be true though thats just what I heard.

I think that the problem is not a simple one. It seems as if the football program is increasingly putting pressure on guys to choose football and drop everything else for off-season workouts. Even guys that do no play football are being badgered into playing, only to sit on the sidelines for 3-4 yrs. The better athletes are given ultimatums to choose. On the surface though the football coaching staff sings the praises of kids playing multiple sports, while browbeating the kids behind closed doors. This has led to attrition. Another problem is that they have been a victim of their own success. The program is averaging 4 guys a year over the last 6 yrs to go on and play college ball (D1-NAIA). Now it seems that every kid and parent thinks that they are college ball bound, and when things don??™t go the way they want them to they pout or quit thinking that they can just play summer baseball and go on to play college baseball. For example, the two best offensive players in the school are currently on the soccer and track teams because they were not willing to be role players when they were younger. Success of individuals in the program has also let to a very selfish culture among the players to acheive individual success rather than team success.

you may have a point there, but I feel like its all schools in DII that are pressuring kids to just play one sport. It may also be that the MBA baseball crop just has not been to good lately. WillBrenth you seem to know alot, are there any good players that are young that MBA has to look forward to?

I just finished eating lunch with an MBA baseball dad and he said the team is not looking to good at this point. He did say there is a solid group of younger players; Joe Rielgle, Elic (sp?) Hunt, James Kay, and Alex Coals (sp?) are some of the good younger players. Does anyone have info on their positions or if they can play?

Yes. young team in terms of who will most likely play. There are 7 senoirs, but outside of Paty (c,1b) Wise(ss,of) Corcoran (of,p), not sure how much the others will play. Nelson (sr.) will be the #1 pitcher. Colbert (jr.)would have been in this role but has left team to focus on football. There are quite a few underclassmen that made the varsity and are getting looks at various positions. Soph: Hunt ?©, Reigle (3b,ss), Witherington (p) Fresh: Kohls (if, p), Kay (DH,3b). Both Kay and Kohls have a ton of potential just need to catch up to the speed of the game. Kay may have the quickest bat in the program since Warner Jones. Juniors that figure to get lots of playing time : Roberts (of), Lee (of,p) Tanner (if,of) Reinhardt (2b, p).

Well it is good to hear us MBA alums have something to look forward too. Does Kohls or Kay, being the only freshman to make the team, have DI Potential in your opinion Brenth? (Im asking you this because you seem to have seen them play)