Gibson County v Boliver Central

GCHOSS76

there are a few common oponents between these teams...

boliver beat

ripley 73-39

haywood 59-52 and 59-48

chester county 64-40 and 64-53

conington 59-56

gibson county beat

ripley74-26 and 70-26

haywood 69-41 and 60-33

chester county 68-18

covington 70-37

looking at these it looks as though gc would have the edge but thats why they play the game

I only use those scores as a comparison but when you look at the huge point differentials you might have to put more stock into the scores.....Bolivar beat those teams by an average of 15 points a game where Gibson County beat them by an average of 38 points a game...That's almost too big a difference to ignore....

I'll agree with Greenfieldfan on this one....GC by a whole bunch....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only use those scores as a comparison but when you look at the huge point differentials you might have to put more stock into the scores.....Bolivar beat those teams by an average of 15 points a game where Gibson County beat them by an average of 38 points a game...That's almost too big a difference to ignore....

I'll agree with Greenfieldfan on this one....GC by a whole bunch....

i agree, its hard not to use it as a comparison when there is that much of a difference but then again match=ups could be a factor. i will say that gc is playin much better ball now than they were early in the year when most of these games were played

This team has been under the radar i guess. They are a west tn team that i didn't know was in the top ten. I know All of GCs starters have played on this court but one. I think they will handle the nerves fine. They still have the bitter taste from the last time they was here so i think they we come out with a boom. Scoring in transition and playing strong nose to nose D.

Under the radar? What rock you been hiding under? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Gibson Co. for several years has been a household name in AA girls basketball and this year has been no different. Sounds like they are doing some good things with that program.

Under the radar? What rock you been hiding under? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Gibson Co. for several years has been a household name in AA girls basketball and this year has been no different. Sounds like they are doing some good things with that program.

I think they might have been talking about Boliver being under the radar. not GC

I think they might have been talking about Boliver being under the radar. not GC

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> My bad!! I thought surely that poster wasn't talking about GC! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> My bad!! I thought surely that poster wasn't talking about GC! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Yea surely not considering they are a GC fan /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This should be fun! I'm looking forward to making the trip to the 'boro...hopefully for 3 days!!!!!!

You can go ahead and pack your bags and get reservations for three days. GC has too much talent not to be in the big dance. GC has ten players who can score 20 or more points any night. Just get your popcorn ready and enjoy the Gibson County Pioneer basketball clinic. I pick GC every game to win and win big. They are that good, know question about it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Just ask BT Washington!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You can go ahead and pack your bags and get reservations for three days. GC has too much talent not to be in the big dance. GC has ten players who can score 20 or more points any night. Just get your popcorn ready and enjoy the Gibson County Pioneer basketball clinic. I pick GC every game to win and win big. They are that good, know question about it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Just ask BT Washington!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Speaking on behalf of BTW, Gibson County is the real deal! They do an excellent job making the game look easy. They make adjustments within the game that makes it tough to come in with a game plan. We came in with the attention of shutting Heather down, which we did a good job of keeping someone on her #24 made it very difficult for her to find open looks but she found other way of scoring. They shoot the ball very well and stay loyal to their game plan. They are loaded, I think it was their subs that came in and made the run for them. We where just not deep enough to keep up with them. We tried to slow the game down by not pressing with hope to get it inside to our bigs, however they do a good job of controlling the tempo. I thought we could have made it a little more interesting if we could have got that 3rd foul call on heather before halftime, in my opinion I thought she should have got one of our #23 on a one on one play but it was not called and she finished with 25 despite a box and one all night. By the way DONT FOUL GIBSON COUNTY, they only missed 1 freethrow all night!! Go luck Gibson County, it makes it easier knowing you lost to the State Champs.

Speaking on behalf of BTW, Gibson County is the real deal! They do an excellent job making the game look easy. They make adjustments within the game that makes it tough to come in with a game plan. We came in with the attention of shutting Heather down, which we did a good job of keeping someone on her #24 made it very difficult for her to find open looks but she found other way of scoring. They shoot the ball very well and stay loyal to their game plan. They are loaded, I think it was their subs that came in and made the run for them. We where just not deep enough to keep up with them. We tried to slow the game down by not pressing with hope to get it inside to our bigs, however they do a good job of controlling the tempo. I thought we could have made it a little more interesting if we could have got that 3rd foul call on heather before halftime, in my opinion I thought she should have got one of our #23 on a one on one play but it was not called and she finished with 25 despite a box and one all night. By the way DONT FOUL GIBSON COUNTY, they only missed 1 freethrow all night!! Go luck Gibson County, it makes it easier knowing you lost to the State Champs.

i have watched gc alot and if anybodyelse saw them alot to would have to say thats the worse they have shoot all year and the worst first half they have played all year. but when they come to play their the real deal their chances bring home the ship are great for this year and next jus got to take it one game at a time

i have watched gc alot and if anybodyelse saw them alot to would have to say thats the worse they have shoot all year and the worst first half they have played all year. but when they come to play their the real deal their chances bring home the ship are great for this year and next jus got to take it one game at a time

I expect GC to raise a lot of eyebrows in this first game. People will be shocked. GC by 19!!!