BTW defeats DC in the BIG PAYBACK

Icy

Yep dead serious. I have nothing bad to say about BTW's kids...and I can accept a loss.My day will go on tomorrow just like any other day. We did not play the best games of our lives but I stand by EVERY word I said about the scorekeepers....I HAVE NEVER seen anything like that....EVER. THE REF TOLD OUR SCOREKEEPER TO GO UP THERE. You can believe me she sure didn't want to. Mark my words...won't fly at state. This was PITIFULLY funny /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> What about #15 he ended up with 7 fouls before finally fouling out /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> This should have been on candid camera. Heck yeah I am dang proud of our guys....they accomplished more this year than most thought ...myself included. They lost 4 starters and still made it to substate...I am happy as a clam with our season. No tears here....we are 94-4 in 3 yrs...not alot of teams can say that. We don't go to state....we just don't go...still proud and HAPPY with their year. I have no complaints with how they finished. My complaints didn't include any kids or their abilities to play and leave it on the floor. Complaints with the scorekeeper and crowd control...WE HAVE NEVER had the opposing team have ANY problem with our scorekeeper...EVER. What is SHAMELESS is complete incompetence at keeping a scorebook. Crap ya'll couldn't even get your players numbers or how many fouls they had up on the scoreboard....just completely stopped doing that after a while but ours were sure put up there. I make no apologies to anything I have posted. Not mad at any of the kids that played at all BTW has some GREAT players....dude I just move right on to the next sport...that is how it is with me...on to baseball then fball.

As I stated earlier, the score board was wrong all night, if you noticed #15 got the 2nd team foul, however on the clock it showed him with two fouls where the team fouls where showing 2 and #20 had picked up BTW's 1st team foul. it was not reset so once the clock keeper realized it was posting wrong player fouls and player he stop showing it and only showed team fouls. He ever let the officials know. I admit there was one mistake made last night, DC went into 1and1 and to clock keeper told the officials that DC was in 1 and 1 but the other ref put the ball into play. That mistake was quickly corrected. As for the wrong number in the book. A young kid decided he wanted to pay respect to former BTW great Andre Allen and wear his high school number, but he did not let anyone know so when BTW got into foul trouble and had to use him he had the wrong number in the book. Yall got your tech shot for that also. I promise you BTW don't want anything like that we will not cheat you. There is to much history and honor inside those walls so regardless of what you may think or feel, BTW takes pride in themselves. Im sorry you feel BTW had to do anything to win a game other than play hard, but whatever number the refs gave is the number the book keeper wrote down.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was all on film and you can't lie out of this one. Our score keeper was behind yours shaking her head all night long. Your book keeper was cookin the books plain and simple. By the way what happen to the horn? It is supposed to blow when a player fouls out of a game. Why wasn't the Star Spangled Banner played before the game? and where was the American Flag? Don't you folkes honor the flag before every game? Why wasn't the players called out before the game started? This felt like a pickup game instead of a Sub-State final. I would like for someone to answer these questions for me, PLEASE!!!!!

This game was all on film and you can't lie out of this one. Our score keeper was behind yours shaking her head all night long. Your book keeper was cookin the books plain and simple. By the way what happen to the horn? It is supposed to blow when a player fouls out of a game. Why wasn't the Star Spangled Banner played before the game? and where was the American Flag? Don't you folkes honor the flag before every game? Why wasn't the players called out before the game started? This felt like a pickup game instead of a Sub-State final. I would like for someone to answer these questions for me, PLEASE!!!!!

Your bookkeeper came to the scores table in the 4th quarter. The horn did not have to blow if the refs where looking at the score keeper showing 5 fingers. US FOLKS have honor! Becasue we wanted to get you folks out of our gym as quick as possible we where ready to get the game going. No frankly, I don't know why they did not play the Star Spangled Banner, they actually had the band there to play it and the ROTC there to post the Colors. If you did not notice, the gym is in the process of being remodeled, it was started late in the summer and a lot of stuff had to be put on hold until after basketball season, including the PA system, AC and some other thing.s As for how you felt it the game, it really don't matter to us how you felt, I wish you could have felt even worse so you don't ever what to come to BTW and play. By the way we would have beat yall in a pick up game as well. You guys have a wonderful gym one of the best high school gyms I've seen when we came up there for the last two years some of the most lop sided calls where made against us, buy the same ref that ref the game tonight!! By the way tell you bookkeeper to make sure they sit at the table so they can get the call direclty from the ref and not rely on the scorekeeper to tell them who made the fouls. GET OVER IT AND PLAY BASEBALL Im sure yall are good in that also. We are just a little inner city school in the middle of the projects so we must have had to cheat to beat mighty DC and all their fans.

As I stated earlier, the score board was wrong all night, if you noticed #15 got the 2nd team foul, however on the clock it showed him with two fouls where the team fouls where showing 2 and #20 had picked up BTW's 1st team foul. it was not reset so once the clock keeper realized it was posting wrong player fouls and player he stop showing it and only showed team fouls. He ever let the officials know. I admit there was one mistake made last night, DC went into 1and1 and to clock keeper told the officials that DC was in 1 and 1 but the other ref put the ball into play. That mistake was quickly corrected. As for the wrong number in the book. A young kid decided he wanted to pay respect to former BTW great Andre Allen and wear his high school number, but he did not let anyone know so when BTW got into foul trouble and had to use him he had the wrong number in the book. Yall got your tech shot for that also. I promise you BTW don't want anything like that we will not cheat you. There is to much history and honor inside those walls so regardless of what you may think or feel, BTW takes pride in themselves. Im sorry you feel BTW had to do anything to win a game other than play hard, but whatever number the refs gave is the number the book keeper wrote down.

smckinney...didn't ever say BTW couldn't have won without that...I honestly would have made these SAME comments if I was seeing 2 different teams play. Not saying you had to cheat...ya'll have good atheletes...you usually do. Ya'll should be proud of your atheletes. Not worried about your bus or condition of your school...we are fortunate to have a relatively new one...blessed to have it. I'm not mean or petty and I NEVER DOWN KIDS....just never seen anything like this. I didn't gather and talk with 74 or others....these are my views. I don't look at socio-economic class nor judge people for where they are from or what they have. Like I said we got beat...your team is good.....just never seen this happen at a game. Forgive my shock.

smckinney...didn't ever say BTW couldn't have won without that...I honestly would have made these SAME comments if I was seeing 2 different teams play. Not saying you had to cheat...ya'll have good atheletes...you usually do. Ya'll should be proud of your atheletes. Not worried about your bus or condition of your school...we are fortunate to have a relatively new one...blessed to have it. I'm not mean or petty and I NEVER DOWN KIDS....just never seen anything like this. I didn't gather and talk with 74 or others....these are my views. I don't look at socio-economic class nor judge people for where they are from or what they have. Like I said we got beat...your team is good.....just never seen this happen at a game. Forgive my shock.

Truly this is not personal, this is harmless blogging when I should be sleep. As for the saying, that is a saying that BTW alumns have been saying for years. As I stated earlier, I was sitting very close to the book and to my knowledge there was no cheating going on by the bookerkeeper. Again, I have great respect for DC you guys support your team and have a beautiful gym. I wish BTW and other schools in Memphis believed in their athletics like DC believes in theirs. If you feel that your team was wronged you should be upset, I felt BTW was wrong both times we came to DC that is why they worked so hard not to have to go back this year. Never would we have wanted to play yall again.

WE WILL FIND OUT HOW THEY FAIR UP NEXT WEEK !!! GOOD LUCK YOULL NEED IT!!! IF YOU GET TO GO TO THE BORO AFTER TONIGHT

Your bookkeeper came to the scores table in the 4th quarter. The horn did not have to blow if the refs where looking at the score keeper showing 5 fingers. US FOLKS have honor! Becasue we wanted to get you folks out of our gym as quick as possible we where ready to get the game going. No frankly, I don't know why they did not play the Star Spangled Banner, they actually had the band there to play it and the ROTC there to post the Colors. If you did not notice, the gym is in the process of being remodeled, it was started late in the summer and a lot of stuff had to be put on hold until after basketball season, including the PA system, AC and some other thing.s As for how you felt it the game, it really don't matter to us how you felt, I wish you could have felt even worse so you don't ever what to come to BTW and play. By the way we would have beat yall in a pick up game as well. You guys have a wonderful gym one of the best high school gyms I've seen when we came up there for the last two years some of the most lop sided calls where made against us, buy the same ref that ref the game tonight!! By the way tell you bookkeeper to make sure they sit at the table so they can get the call direclty from the ref and not rely on the scorekeeper to tell them who made the fouls. GET OVER IT AND PLAY BASEBALL Im sure yall are good in that also. We are just a little inner city school in the middle of the projects so we must have had to cheat to beat mighty DC and all their fans.

THE MIGHTY DC coach is going to Nashville in the morning, and we will see what happens. If your gym wasn't ready for peats sake why have the game there. I don't care where your players came from and you shouldn't care about where we came from. We should all treat each other with respect, and gratitude. I have nothing but praise for you team, you have a very solid team, and seem to be very good kids, raised in a tuff invironment. Your score keeper is the only one I have a problem with. He was cookin the books ,and it will be proven in Nashville, tomorrow. Your fans were great except for a select few in the end zone. If your score keeper was running the score board, he had to be putting the same fouls that were on his books. Number 15 had 4 fouls in the first quarter. Then he got his 5th foul early in the 2nd quarter, At this point , he is done, fouled out of the gams ,right? Well, that is not what happened, he came in the game 2 different times, and played with 7 fouls. That is soooooo wroooong!!!!!. Also #24 fouled out and he kept playing, and this is all on film, and this is going to be reported, because we are not going to let you do this to us, period.

THE MIGHTY DC coach is going to Nashville in the morning, and we will see what happens. If your gym wasn't ready for peats sake why have the game there. I don't care where your players came from and you shouldn't care about where we came from. We should all treat each other with respect, and gratitude. I have nothing but praise for you team, you have a very solid team, and seem to be very good kids, raised in a tuff invironment. Your score keeper is the only one I have a problem with. He was cookin the books ,and it will be proven in Nashville, tomorrow. Your fans were great except for a select few in the end zone. If your score keeper was running the score board, he had to be putting the same fouls that were on his books. Number 15 had 4 fouls in the first quarter. Then he got his 5th foul early in the 2nd quarter, At this point , he is done, fouled out of the gams ,right? Well, that is not what happened, he came in the game 2 different times, and played with 7 fouls. That is soooooo wroooong!!!!!. Also #24 fouled out and he kept playing, and this is all on film, and this is going to be reported, because we are not going to let you do this to us, period.

Again none of these people where are the scores table, so where are you getting this from. #15 did not have 4 fouls in the 1st q!! Who would leave a player on the floor with 4 fouls in the 1st q. You keep talking about what was displayed on the clock, THAT IS NOT OFFICIAL you should have had your people are the scorers table so they could have got the fouls directly from the official not relaying on the clock. The only thing official about the clock is the time, and that also can be changed by the refs or the official book. If you have on your tape the refs giving the "Offical scorers" fouls that where not marked then you have something!

At the end of the day, the official scorebook is what counts. You can go on and on about the DC coach going to Nashville to complain. If he wants to waist his gas, then so be it. TSSAA is going to tell you that the official scorebook is the law not what fans think happened. This is hilarious. BTW didn't complain when they received the short end of the stick at DC. BTW is statebound..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WE WILL FIND OUT HOW THEY FAIR UP NEXT WEEK !!! GOOD LUCK YOULL NEED IT!!! IF YOU GET TO GO TO THE BORO AFTER TONIGHT

You're right, we will find out what happens in the Boro. BTW is going to the BORO regardless of what you think. At this point, anything can happen. BTW has another opportunity to bring home the GOLD ball just like DC had for 3 straight years but failed to deliver. BTW won the GOLD ball in 2001 the same year they won their regions.(fyi) CPA felt cheated against DC in the state last year but they got over it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

At the end of the day, the official scorebook is what counts. You can go on and on about the DC coach going to Nashville to complain. If he wants to waist his gas, then so be it. TSSAA is going to tell you that the official scorebook is the law not what fans think happened. This is hilarious. BTW didn't complain when they felt being cheated at DC. BTW is statebound..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Icy....I stated I have no problem with a loss...that is life. NEVER in my life watching all the games I have watched in many sports over the years....and believe me I have watched ALOT of games, witnessed ANYTHING like this EVER. That was incompetence at its finest /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good luck at the boro.