20+ win seasons

ready4boro

There are teams that soften their schedules just to say that they won 20+ games

then lose when they have to play a well tested team. It sounds good to say that

your team is winning 20+ games. You get ranked any everything but everybody that

knows rankings mean nothing they are going by wins only not strength of schedule.

Just wanted to know what you guys were thought about that. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There are teams that soften their schedules just to say that they won 20+ games

then lose when they have to play a well tested team. It sounds good to say that

your team is winning 20+ games. You get ranked any everything but everybody that

knows rankings mean nothing they are going by wins only not strength of schedule.

Just wanted to know what you guys were thought about that. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

definately the tournament tested teams that travel and play in holiday tournaments (in most cases) do better in the post season than teams that just @@@@ up easy wins. that W-L record is good to look at but if i were a coach id rather play some elite teams and see how my boys matched up...

"20+ win seasons, I would rather make it to state and win gold ball...."

Well...Yeah!!.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You have any particular team in mind when your started this thread??

I can only guess /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You must beat the best to be the best..............Nothing wrong with getting a few wins under your built and getting some work in but by midseason in my opinion you ought to be playing nothing but teams that will help advance you in to the postseason.

i agree, 20 wins means nohting if we didnt get better and come home empty handed! i can understand the teams that are in your district brcouse u dont have a choice but other than that you gotta schedual the best to beat the best! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Most coaches know what their kids are capable of when the set the schedule and it should be set accordingly. If you have to play the best to be the best what does that say for the best? Are they softening their schedule to play you?

When you are the best you try to play the teams that will give you the best challenge.

Like a well coached team that might do things that you haven't seen.

I was not talking about any certain team. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Who do you think does that Purple and Gold?

What's your point of reference? The coacht rankings aren't worth the cyberspace they take up. Same for the AP rankings where the local paper will vote for their team only to find their team isn't really all that good. Most coaches that know they have a decent team will play a schedule that will prepare them for the post season and throw the stupid rankings out the window.

This year Fairview was ranked the whole year in AA on coacht after playing a bunch of weak single A teams to make their record look good. They got beat in the first round of districts. Last year CPA wasn't ranked the entire year until they went to state and were ranked this year but laid an egg in regions.

It's all about perspective. There's not a good way of ranking teams state wide that I know of. Usually it has more to do with last years teams or how much prejudice you can muster.