GRACE ...COULD GO ALLL THE WAYYYYY...

bbjunkie

As stated previously, Grace nation thanks the Grace players for being willing to sacrifice from your individual talents to forge yourselves into a team. Here are some unsolicited recommendations:

1. Keep trusting eachother ...dont try to take over Individually

2. Play every minute as though your are down by 2 with a minute to go.

3 Watch your video tape ALOT. We need to Call out screens/picks. We need to get past the screen or fight through everyone of them. The better teams you will face can shoot the lights out on uncontested 3s..contest everyone of them ,one way or the other. Arms wide at all times. BOX out with all your heart and soul.

4. The further we get away from Chattanooga the more it would seem the refs are going to let you play so expect it rough ..dont get caught up in that just focus on the goal..win as a team.

5. Fundamentals..less turnovers=win, more rebounds=win, more free throws made=win. DEFENCE=WIN

6. Size up your competition...if they are slow- OUTRUN em..smaller-Go INSIDE pass high. sometimes we make it complicated. Keep it simple .

Enjoy every minute! stay humble and with good sportsmanship ..play with honor.

ANy other suggestions for our players? GO GRACE!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated previously, Grace nation thanks the Grace players for being willing to sacrifice from your individual talents to forge yourselves into a team. Here are some unsolicited recommendations:

1. Keep trusting eachother ...dont try to take over Individually

2. Play every minute as though your are down by 2 with a minute to go.

3 Watch your video tape ALOT. We need to Call out screens/picks. We need to get past the screen or fight through everyone of them. The better teams you will face can shoot the lights out on uncontested 3s..contest everyone of them ,one way or the other. Arms wide at all times. BOX out with all your heart and soul.

4. The further we get away from Chattanooga the more it would seem the refs are going to let you play so expect it rough ..dont get caught up in that just focus on the goal..win as a team.

5. Fundamentals..less turnovers=win, more rebounds=win, more free throws made=win. DEFENCE=WIN

6. Size up your competition...if they are slow- OUTRUN em..smaller-Go INSIDE pass high. sometimes we make it complicated. Keep it simple .

Enjoy every minute! stay humble and with good sportsmanship ..play with honor.

ANy other suggestions for our players? GO GRACE!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> yes great post!! i totaly believe Grace has the talent and ability to bring us home the gold ball!! just play together and be tough dont let little things like the crowd or senseless fouls bother you! dont react just play ball!! be cold as ice and keep moving that basketball around finding the high percentage shots. dont give up on a play and just fire up a prayer, work to get open and look to pass first. i know we are the best around we just gotta prove it boys lets go get it!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Grace, you have come a long way as a team. Keep looking forward toward your goal and play as a team like you have been. Each player knows what it will take to make it to the end. The whole Grace nation will be behind you! We are all proud of your hard work and determination...you really do deserve to be where you are. Now finish the race!!!!!

No...Lake County has though...HB is undefeated /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yeah i know humboldt is undeafeted that dosnt mean they didnt play manassas /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> they would still be 33-0 even if they did becouse humboldt is better, thanks anyways!!

yeah i know humboldt is undeafeted that dosnt mean they didnt play manassas /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> they would still be 33-0 even if they did becouse humboldt is better, thanks anyways!!

lol WoW! I wasn't expecting anyone to say that. Nice post though, coming from a Humbodlt fan /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I'm guessing you're a Grace Baptist fan? If so, is it true that you have a 6'9" kid over there? If so, it would be very interesting to see yall match up with Manassas because it would be a treat to see him and Buckner go at it down low. Plus, I haven't seen Buckner play anyone that is his own size so it would give me a better view on how he will do next year at Ole Miss. Good luck to yall though!

lol WoW! I wasn't expecting anyone to say that. Nice post though, coming from a Humbodlt fan /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I'm guessing you're a Grace Baptist fan? If so, is it true that you have a 6'9" kid over there? If so, it would be very interesting to see yall match up with Manassas because it would be a treat to see him and Buckner go at it down low. Plus, I haven't seen Buckner play anyone that is his own size so it would give me a better view on how he will do next year at Ole Miss. Good luck to yall though!

Yes we have Patrick Shaughnessy who is 6-9 and he has signed with D-1 member Charleston Southern. He also has not played against anyone his height this year so it would be a great matchup for both players. I saw Buckner in the Boro last year and was impressed with his athleticism and skill set. He moves really well for a guy his size.