Mcminn Central Class of 2009 is Legendary

guncle

Just wanted to thank these girls and their teammates for an exciting four years of Chargerette basketball. I know you are all dissapointed about the end of this run, and the way it ended. We look forward to watching those of you who will go on and play at the next level. As fo rthe rest, well, enjoy life, it is more than basketball and there are many great things ahead for all of you.You have brought great pride and a sense of class to your school and community. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. Thank you to the coaching staff and parents who have also worked hard and brought great enjoyment for the fans.Keep your heads up...WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

These young ladies (seniors) may not realize what they have accomplished, or how blessed they have been. They have set records that can only be tied, but never beaten. Also, they have played in one of the most supportive atmospheres in the state. When you set and watch all the teams that are playing at the state level and see the lack of support or non-existant support that some teams receive, it makes you realize just how fortunate we are to live in a community that supports our young ladies and men as they do. There are several times when Central travels 45 minutes to an hour to play teams at their house, and we out number the home team's fans. They have also been blessed to have been trained and influenced by men like Coach Morgan and Coach Young. They are the highest examples of moral and ethical standards. I for one am proud to have had them as influences in the lives of my kids. Next is the friendships that they have formed. They have battled together in some of the toughest gyms around. And that makes for tight friendships and fond memories. Lastly, these 5 seniors have received some pretty good preperation for life beyond high school. Of the 5 seniors, 2 were offered athletic scholarships, but opted for academic. 3 will be playing ball at the collage level at UTC, TWC, and Hiwassee.

That's enough to make a whole community proud.

I'd like to echo the sentiments of thug dadi. I returned home to TN after being away for 16 years. I was AMAZED at how well my alma mater was being represented by these fine young ladies. I wasn't around for the previous years of their careers, but I've been filled in throughout the course of the season as to their accomplishments. I was astounded to hear some of the records that were alluded to by thug dadi. They are almost unbelievable. I've been talking to friends of mine from other states that have never heard of McMinn Central and telling them about the Chargerettes. I would tell them how hard you work and how you play with class and dignity. These people became excited about this team they've never seen and would call me to find out scores after each game. So, ladies, your collective footprint is bigger than you could ever imagine. Best of luck to all of you in your future endeavors. Congratulations on one heckuva season and remarkable careers.

I'd like to echo the sentiments of thug dadi. I returned home to TN after being away for 16 years. I was AMAZED at how well my alma mater was being represented by these fine young ladies. I wasn't around for the previous years of their careers, but I've been filled in throughout the course of the season as to their accomplishments. I was astounded to hear some of the records that were alluded to by thug dadi. They are almost unbelievable. I've been talking to friends of mine from other states that have never heard of McMinn Central and telling them about the Chargerettes. I would tell them how hard you work and how you play with class and dignity. These people became excited about this team they've never seen and would call me to find out scores after each game. So, ladies, your collective footprint is bigger than you could ever imagine. Best of luck to all of you in your future endeavors. Congratulations on one heckuva season and remarkable careers.

I've told them similar things, thug dadi. They've had a great run, and they've done it with dignity and character. I've seen the hard work and dedication they've had, and I can't help but believe that it will carry them as far as they want to go in life. Good luck, ladies, in your future endeavors on the court, in the classroom, and in life.

Can't say I love Central, but as a tribute to these girls I will say that they are one of the few teams that we play where I watch the whole girls game. Girls as I'm sure you already know you can play and are fun to watch. I hope you all do well in college. However as a supporter of another school I'm glad to see you go. This is not a slam it is a tribute to your ability, skill, and hard work. Good luck in the future! By the way, good job coach Morgan.