Manassas (25-2) Draws Humboldt (33-0)...Let the Games Begin!

dollar1906

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all knew it would happen...The random draw pits A's strongest two schools from the west against each other right off the bat...Looking at the bracket, Temple has a CAKEWALK to the final....Humboldt, Manassas, and Grace Baptist are all on one side along with Grace Christian while Temple, Cloudland, Clarksville Acad., and Summertown are on the other side...

Judging by the way things went today, it's time to get rid of the random draw...Seeding seems like the logical thing to do...The weaker teams from weaker regions don't deserve to coast into the championship game...Then you take the only two schools from West Tn in it and make them play each other in the 1st game?? It just doesn't make sense...

Well, nothing can be done so if the TSSAA wants the state championhip game to take place in the 1st round, then so be it...Let's get the predictions started...

I'll take my Vikings in a close one 73-69 even though I would have much rather seen this game on Friday or Saturday..

The draw is the fairest way although I would have like to have saw this game on saturday...I would say the gate would too! More money sat. than wed.

The draw is the fairest way although I would have like to have saw this game on saturday...I would say the gate would too! More money sat. than wed.

So putting the top 3 teams in A on one side of the bracket is "fair"??Temple sleepwalking into the finals is "fair"??

Seeding based on performance would be "fair"...Make teams earn their placement in the tourney...It really just makes the most sense..

Even if Humboldt was in Temple's position, I'd still have a big problem with it...Manassas and Grace are getting a raw deal here too...

So putting the top 3 teams in A on one side of the bracket is "fair"??Temple sleepwalking into the finals is "fair"??

Seeding based on performance would be "fair"...Make teams earn their placement in the tourney...It really just makes the most sense..

Even if Humboldt was in Temple's position, I'd still have a big problem with it...Manassas and Grace are getting a raw deal here too...

The blind draw is fair...having the "best" 2 teams on the same side of the bracket us unlucky.

And i don't believe Temple is assuming a cakewalk right now.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> It's game time boys!!! The draw of course didn't work out how everyone wanted it...or did it? We have all been wanting to see who the better team is! Instead of playing eachother for a gold/silver ball, we are playing eachother for the next round which makes this game even more intense! I love it! I'm going to take my Vikings in a low scoring matchup...

Humboldt 54

Manassas 50

we're having tiger for breakfast boys!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

The blind draw is fair...having the "best" 2 teams on the same side of the bracket us unlucky.

And i don't believe Temple is assuming a cakewalk right now.

Thank you! Its not the draw...its the luck of the draw.

Red_16, You folks have flapped your fingers all year wanting Manassas..well here you go! You gotta win 3 anyway.