Manassas (25-2) Draws Humboldt (33-0)...Let the Games Begin!

dollar1906

Obviously you're not from Memphis. We don't overlook teams because of school size the way people obviously do wherever you're from. Craigmont has lost the last two against Manassas so they surely didn't overlook it. Raleigh-Egypt's head coach and a few of his players made the trip to that game. It was what people wanted to see. You don't overlook a team like Manassas that's ranked top 5 in Memphis. The Ridgeway game was the finale of the Larry Finch Classic, so that wasn't overlooked either. In fact, it was the finale of the same Classic last season as well. The Ridgeway/Manassas game was one of the most highly-anticipated games in the City of Memphis the last 2 years. Ridgeway fans showed up with MUCH more numbers against Manassas than they did against AAA Liberty Tech the night before. It was dead against Liberty Tech, but they almost filled one half of the Elma Roane Field House against Manassas. Furthermore, Manassas was 4-1 against AAA schools in Memphis this year, and 3 of those games were blowouts. By the way, NONE of Manassas non-district opponents were Single-A size schools. With the exception of Carver(who beat Mufreesboro-Siegel at that same Larry Finch Classic the night before Siegel beat Liberty Tech) and ECS, all of Manassas non-district games(including Oxford, Mississippi) were against schools of Triple-A size. And Ridgeway is the only one of those big schools that beat em. By the way, the Oxford game was also the FINALE of their "O-Town Showdown" event. For a team that you think is being overlooked for their school size, they sure are the marquee name in these events.

See, you need not speak on things you have no idea about.

Firestone why are you wasting your breath on this man? He don't know what he is talking about.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all i have not said anything bad about no team. I never said i disrespected any one but let say this HBT might get beat but i sure u they are not scared of anyone. One other thing nor am I lets get that clear meaning no disrespect. I just got out of the hospital a few days ago i have not had a chance to get on here. My health will not me attend all games but get to many as possible. We all know Manassas is good have no problem with that but HBT is not afraid of them or anybody else! Nor is none of their fans i hope u don't think that. I was born in HBT and brought up there! No matter where i may live i will always be a HBT fan. Fans have to move on everone wanted the HBTManassas game to be the for the title! Its time to play the game may the best team win! HBt will win this game 7 points. HBt bench players will play a big roll! Only Mtiger and Legend is on here from Memphis anyway!! Just want u to know i mean no harm but HBT fans are not scared!! Will always pull for District 14 A all the way no matter who repersents them! Good Luck HBT and bring back the Gold!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Ok zebra99 hope that you are feeling better?

OK well I looked it up and i seen your picture right there beside it. You'll get on here like you haven't said a word. You 'll are amazing.

MTiger,

IGNORANT means uninformed, ill-informed, unknowing, unfamiliar, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made plenty of comments about Manassas (I stand by every one of them, by the way). So, yes--you are correct about that. You are 100% INCORRECT and grossly uninformed, however, about the nature of my comments.

Absolutely none of my comments about Manassas would qualify (by any stretch of the imagination) to be called "talking mess...," as you stated so emphatically! It's quite apparent that you have not actually read my posts about Manassas. If you had done so, then there is no way on God's green earth that you could characterize me and my comments as, "talking mess..."

MTiger, you are ignorant.

For the sake of future credibility, please educate yourself before you jump on these boards and wrecklessly and incorrectly include me as someone who was "talking mess...." about Manassas.

Note: just because you don't agree with my unbiased observations about Manassas, MTiger....this does not give you the right to (mis)label them as "mess talking...." or, worse yet, negligently suggest that I am actually pulling for Manassas' opponent, Humboldt!!!!

Wow!!

Ludicrous. Absolutely ludicrous!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, as a Memphian, I was pulling for Manassas to win the Class A State Title (and EVERY Mphs area team) long before your preposterous and slanderous comments about me! I will still be pulling for Manassas, long afterwards.

MTiger,

IGNORANT means uninformed, ill-informed, unknowing, unfamiliar, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made plenty of comments about Manassas (I stand by every one of them, by the way). So, yes--you are correct about that. You are 100% INCORRECT and grossly uninformed, however, about the nature of my comments.

Absolutely none of my comments about Manassas would qualify (by any stretch of the imagination) to be called "talking mess...," as you stated so emphatically! It's quite apparent that you have not actually read my posts about Manassas. If you had done so, then there is no way on God's green earth that you could characterize me and my comments as, "talking mess..."

MTiger, you are ignorant.

For the sake of future credibility, please educate yourself before you jump on these boards and wrecklessly and incorrectly include me as someone who was "talking mess...." about Manassas.

Note: just because you don't agree with my unbiased observations about Manassas, MTiger....this does not give you the right to (mis)label them as "mess talking...." or, worse yet, negligently suggest that I am actually pulling for Manassas' opponent, Humboldt!!!!

Wow!!

Ludicrous. Absolutely ludicrous!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, as a Memphian, I was pulling for Manassas to win the Class A State Title (and EVERY Mphs area team) long before your preposterous and slanderous comments about me! I will still be pulling for Manassas, long afterwards.

Yea right. You most be an LC or UC or Scotts Hill fan now you want to jump aboard well come on aboard we have room for you since now you want to be a winner.

Obviously you're not from Memphis. We don't overlook teams because of school size the way people obviously do wherever you're from. Craigmont has lost the last two against Manassas so they surely didn't overlook it. Raleigh-Egypt's head coach and a few of his players made the trip to that game. It was what people wanted to see. You don't overlook a team like Manassas that's ranked top 5 in Memphis. The Ridgeway game was the finale of the Larry Finch Classic, so that wasn't overlooked either. In fact, it was the finale of the same Classic last season as well. The Ridgeway/Manassas game was one of the most highly-anticipated games in the City of Memphis the last 2 years. Ridgeway fans showed up with MUCH more numbers against Manassas than they did against AAA Liberty Tech the night before. It was dead against Liberty Tech, but they almost filled one half of the Elma Roane Field House against Manassas. Furthermore, Manassas was 4-1 against AAA schools in Memphis this year, and 3 of those games were blowouts. By the way, NONE of Manassas non-district opponents were Single-A size schools. With the exception of Carver(who beat Mufreesboro-Siegel at that same Larry Finch Classic the night before Siegel beat Liberty Tech) and ECS, all of Manassas non-district games(including Oxford, Mississippi) were against schools of Triple-A size. And Ridgeway is the only one of those big schools that beat em. By the way, the Oxford game was also the FINALE of their "O-Town Showdown" event. For a team that you think is being overlooked for their school size, they sure are the marquee name in these events.

See, you need not speak on things you have no idea about.

If A schools can compete with AAA night in night out in Memphis then maybe the AAA schools are not as good as advertised. Teams will have let down games, no one is perfect. I have seen Manassas play they are very good, but if that would be the best that Memphis could send for AAA it would be a down year in Memphis.

If A schools can compete with AAA night in night out in Memphis then maybe the AAA schools are not as good as advertised. Teams will have let down games, no one is perfect. I have seen Manassas play they are very good, but if that would be the best that Memphis could send for AAA it would be a down year in Memphis.

You have a first class seat on the clueless train /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yea right. You most be an LC or UC or Scotts Hill fan now you want to jump aboard well come on aboard we have room for you since now you want to be a winner.

Mtiger must be T.O. becasue dude you are crazy inlove with yourself ....Get a hobby......and while you are at it get some respect for others.....

Respect TraderB saying that he is pulling for your favorite team as well as the other teams in the area.....It is wrong to discount him to being a fan of another school previous..... Respect the fact that he calls it like he sees it..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not really.... Look Manassas is a good team in memphis. But to compeat with the likes of white station and reigh egypt and ridgeway every year would be impossible. Those are not only elite team in Tennessee but also they are rank year in and out on the national scale. This is just an example for every Manassas Buckner, White Station has produced D1 talents Like Robert O'Kelly, Dane Bradshall, J.P. Prince, and now Joe and Ferakhon. So even though Manassas has built a new school. It would have to really need to have alot more talent flow through the system to compeat with the 3a teams in memphis.