Early, Early, Early Predictions for 2009-2010

indianmaniac17

Name some key players coming back and your prediction for that team next year.

For Example: North Side moves to AAA, I expect a state tournament appearance.

Key Players are Jalita Fason, Monica Womack, Jessica Cobb, Victoria Douglas, and Alex Hill, (basically the starting line-up)

Again sorry if you hate it, but everybody does this.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memphis Overton and Memphis Central will be two teams that should go a long way next year. Overton will return Jasmine Robinson and several other ones. Although Central will loose three D1 signees, they still have two Freshman that made All State this season.

Mark my words, if Memphis Mitchell get their coaching situation squared away they are going to make a serious run at a gold ball. They will return everything, a 6'3 and 6'2 post a very good pg and some good shooters.

By the way Gibson County will still be the team to beat in AA. The shifts in districts is going to make it very hard to get out of Memphis I don't understand who is making the decisions on how to realign the districts.

Memphis Overton and Memphis Central will be two teams that should go a long way next year. Overton will return Jasmine Robinson and several other ones. Although Central will loose three D1 signees, they still have two Freshman that made All State this season.

Mark my words, if Memphis Mitchell get their coaching situation squared away they are going to make a serious run at a gold ball. They will return everything, a 6'3 and 6'2 post a very good pg and some good shooters.

By the way Gibson County will still be the team to beat in AA. The shifts in districts is going to make it very hard to get out of Memphis I don't understand who is making the decisions on how to realign the districts.

I think Brandi did a good job with them this year in a difficult situation.....wonder if she will be the permanent replacement?? They will be loaded next year.

Here are some early favorites, just considering the state tournament teams, how they did this year and the starters they return.

Class A:

Clarkrange (2)

Hampton (2)

Pickett Co. (4)

Lake Co. (3)

Cornersville (3)

Class AA:

Gibson Co. (3)

Livingston Academy (2)

Westview (4)

South Greene (3)

Elizabethton (4)

Bolivar (4)

Hume-Fogg (3)

Forrest is returning Beth Hawn and reloading at every position (same as this year)....we WILL be back!!!!

I've got no doubt that the Lady Rockets will be in the hunt next year. That's what happens when you build a great basketball program, as seen by their four consecutive trips to the state tournament.

Three more for Class A out west:

Greenfield (5), Gleason (4), Bradford (4)