Thu Feb. 19 #21 Pickett Co. N D7A at Livingston Academy W 68-49

Mon Feb. 23 #2 Jackson Co. N D7A CShip 7:30 at Livingston Academy W 47-30

Fri Feb. 27 Trousdale Co. N R4A W 66-18

Mon Mar. 2 #16 Gordonsville N R4A at Watertown W 57-32

Wed Mar. 4 #21 Pickett Co. N R4A Final at Watertown W 49-22

Sat Mar. 7 Copper Basin A Sectional 7PM W 81-39

Wed Mar. 11 #3 Forrest N Class A State 1PM at MT Murphy Center W 56-39

Fri Mar. 13 #7 Oliver Springs N Class A Semi 11:30 at MT Murphy Center W 53-26

Sat Mar. 14 #11 Madison Acad Magnet N Class A State Championship 2PM at MT Murphy Center W 57-31

3A - Cumberland County; 2A - Stone Memorial & Livingston. Two of the better schools from Kentucky.

It is very unusual to only play three schools in those classifications.

NOTHING AGAINST CUMBERLAND CO. THEY HAD A GOOD SEASON, BUT THEY HAD A 27 RATING ON STRENGTH AND A 42 ON SUCCES. THE LAST TIME CR PLAYED THEM IT WAS A 14 POINT GAME. THEY WERE 20-14 FOR THE SEASON. 5-5 IN DISTRICT PLAY. THAT IS NOT A GC TEAM. CR HAD A GREAT 1A TEAM BUT 2A WOULD NOT HAVE GONE SO WELL. CONGRATS TO CR FOR A GREAT SEASON.

NOTHING AGAINST CUMBERLAND CO. THEY HAD A GOOD SEASON, BUT THEY HAD A 27 RATING ON STRENGTH AND A 42 ON SUCCES. THE LAST TIME CR PLAYED THEM IT WAS A 14 POINT GAME. THEY WERE 20-14 FOR THE SEASON. 5-5 IN DISTRICT PLAY. THAT IS NOT A GC TEAM. CR HAD A GREAT 1A TEAM BUT 2A WOULD NOT HAVE GONE SO WELL. CONGRATS TO CR FOR A GREAT SEASON.

They played stall ball the entire game even when they were down by more than 20. When the starters exited the game it was a lot worse than what the score showed. Clarkrange could compete with GC and would probably win. Not much difference in 1A, 2A, or 3A in womens sports. The only difference is generally the size, and Clarkrange is a big team. They would have done very well in 2A and even in 3A. They competed against Blackman, Shelbyville, Wilson Central, Franklin Co., McGavock, and a few others before the season and won all of those games by large margins. I know it was summer ball, but it was also summer ball for Clarkrange. You can't just say because they are 1A they couldn't compete or that it is a joke. I promise you they would have been in the mix at any level this year.

They played stall ball the entire game even when they were down by more than 20. When the starters exited the game it was a lot worse than what the score showed. Clarkrange could compete with GC and would probably win. Not much difference in 1A, 2A, or 3A in womens sports. The only difference is generally the size, and Clarkrange is a big team. They would have done very well in 2A and even in 3A. They competed against Blackman, Shelbyville, Wilson Central, Franklin Co., McGavock, and a few others before the season and won all of those games by large margins. I know it was summer ball, but it was also summer ball for Clarkrange. You can't just say because they are 1A they couldn't compete or that it is a joke. I promise you they would have been in the mix at any level this year.

Amen! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

THERE IS A LOT OF COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE COMMENTS ON HERE. BUT THE FACT IS IT WAS A 14 POINT GAME. GC COULD HAVE BEAT LA ALOT WORSE BLAH BLAH BLAH. GC IS NO PUSH OVER DOWN LOW. THEY HAVE THE ONE OF THE BEST POINT GUARDS IN THE GAME. I NEVER SAID CR WOULD NOT BE A GOOD 2A TEAM, SO THE JOKE AS YOU PUT IT IS ON YOU FOR MAKING UP COMMENTS. THE SUMMER BALL FOR SOME TEAMS IS TO FIND HOW GIRLS MESH TOGETHER NOT TO WIN GAMES. YOU CAN SAY CR WOULD HAVE WON 2A JUST LIKE I COULD HAVE SAID GC WOULD HAVE WON 3A BUT THE TRUTH IS THEY ARE THE 1A CHAMPS AND GC IS A LEVEL UP 2A CHAMPS. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE THAT GREAT MOVE UP TO 2A OR SHUT UP. ONCE AGAIN CR YOU HAD A GREAT YEAR AND CONGRATS ON YOUR 8th GOLD BALL. AND JUST FOR YOUR INFO MAMAKIN I AM NOT A GC FAN I JUST KNOW WHEN PEOPLE ARE AIMING TO HIGH. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Now you and jimbo44 know better than that. You can not tell me that you believe that summer ball is played the same way as regular season or post season varsity basketball. The referees don't even ref it the same way.

Unless I did not understand right, people were saying that Clarkrange could compete during non-summer ball where basically only the top 7 girls play unless there is a big lead and the coach is not experimenting with lineups and plays and defenses. I don't know about the summer games you watch but the ones I've seen are not anything like regular or post season games. A lot of times you don't even have all your players available. Now if they want to claim that they dominate camp ball. OK. Fine. I can believe that. They are good enough to dominate camp ball.

Maybe they can toughen up the Hall of Fame schedule next season. I can't see an Oak Ridge, for example, refusing to play. That said, CR doesn't have to prove anything, they took the gold.

In Class A. Congrats to them for being Class A champs and dominating Class A.

THERE IS A LOT OF COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE COMMENTS ON HERE. BUT THE FACT IS IT WAS A 14 POINT GAME. GC COULD HAVE BEAT LA ALOT WORSE BLAH BLAH BLAH. GC IS NO PUSH OVER DOWN LOW. THEY HAVE THE ONE OF THE BEST POINT GUARDS IN THE GAME. I NEVER SAID CR WOULD NOT BE A GOOD 2A TEAM, SO THE JOKE AS YOU PUT IT IS ON YOU FOR MAKING UP COMMENTS. THE SUMMER BALL FOR SOME TEAMS IS TO FIND HOW GIRLS MESH TOGETHER NOT TO WIN GAMES. YOU CAN SAY CR WOULD HAVE WON 2A JUST LIKE I COULD HAVE SAID GC WOULD HAVE WON 3A BUT THE TRUTH IS THEY ARE THE 1A CHAMPS AND GC IS A LEVEL UP 2A CHAMPS. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE THAT GREAT MOVE UP TO 2A OR SHUT UP. ONCE AGAIN CR YOU HAD A GREAT YEAR AND CONGRATS ON YOUR 8th GOLD BALL. AND JUST FOR YOUR INFO MAMAKIN I AM NOT A GC FAN I JUST KNOW WHEN PEOPLE ARE AIMING TO HIGH. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

One more thing. Cumberland was 11-10 against AAA teams. That puts them just above .500.

It seems as though you are in the minority with your opinion according to the voting. And I would be willing to bet that all of the votes for Clarkrange didn't just come from their fans!

Another website predicts Clarkrange to beat Webb 51-47, Hillwood 54-52, and to lose to Gibson County 49-55. That website predicts Gibson to beat Hillsboro 60-51 and Webb 57-47. I made ratings based on the scores in the state tournament with the following results.

Clarkrange----49

Forrest---------32

Madison--------23

Oliver Springs-22

Lake County---13

Hampton-------12

Pickett County-11

Cornersville-----3

Gibson County----51

Livingston Aca.----31

South Greene-----31

Westview----------27

Bolivar-------------25

Elizabethton-------25

McMinn Central----21

Hume Fogg--------13

Hillsboro-----------49

Memphis Central--48

Memphis Overton-39

Blackman----------36

Tennessee---------36

Powell--------------29

McGavock----------27

Cookville-----------12

there is some very talented teams here,clark is one of them,i had the opportunity to drive up to indy and see one of the best championship games around when number 1 and number 2 in the nation played for the indiana title.it went down to the final 5 seconds.and the davis team won.this was great for all of girls hs basketball.like to see them come play here,that never happens with high school restrictions.