Shot clocks in HS basketball..what do you think?

Why not? Everyone else does it and it works I dont see why high school basketball has not adopted it yet.

because in college all the athletes are good and all teams can compete... college coaches get to pick theyre players... high school doesnt high school you get what kids are zoned for the school. and some teams only chance of winning is to work the clock because the other high school team may be so much better. so no shot clock it would just have the dominate teams winning every game theyre would rarely be an upset or excitement.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 100% in favor of a shot clock. You wouldn't see any 34-32 ballgames.

You would see more 83-32 games though...

Putting in a shot clock would favor the teams with the best athletes. It would be more about who can run and gun the best instead of who can play to their strengths, which for some teams in controlling the tempo of the games.

You would see more 83-32 games though...

Putting in a shot clock would favor the teams with the best athletes. It would be more about who can run and gun the best instead of who can play to their strengths, which for some teams in controlling the tempo of the games.

I think that is probably right on spot. For the fans, it may be more entertaining---but if I were a coach, I probably wouldn't care for it.

I think that is probably right on spot. For the fans, it may be more entertaining---but if I were a coach, I probably wouldn't care for it.

Exactly, if you want to be entertained go watch the NBA. That's what its for. I love to watch two teams put up points more than anybody. But I think it would not only hurt teams that need to control the tempo to be successful, but it would also lead to some ugly, sloppy games.