Top 5 coaches in east TENN.

hsbaseball

Big Man.....you're not making any sense? Your first post said the coach was playing players that didn't need to be playing? The coach just played them because of their daddy? That's were I dissagreed. Because they went to state....now you're saying that the coach played the players Mike brought in ? I agree with that! Who wouldn't play them as a coach....theyre good. What arguement are you trying to make? However, he obviously is playing the right kids because the only player left that Guinn brought in is York this year. (Rorex out for year with knee). Therefore its all TRUE AC guys and I think they are something like 12-3 so obviously someone is doing something RIGHT! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So sensitive, Big Guy! Go back and read the initial post. My argument is just what I stated it to be. There are/were a lot of really good players that deserved to play. No one stated that Downs shouldn't have played Guinn's guys. He'd not have been very successful had he not played those players. You made it seem like Down's came in and totally beat Mike with a brand new team, all on his own. That did not happen. Downs beat Mike with Mike's team, Mike's first year at PF. I agree, AC is doing really well, now. However, there are those players who....... well, you know.

Coach Guinn had most of "AC's" TRUE players together when they were tots. He won a little league world series with

them. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I believe the last report on Rorex was that he'd be back in about three weeks.

Greeson, I believe you left out.

York is doing well, also.

Correct me if I'm wrong ...Is the Price boy from west Knoxville somewhere?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're an idiot....Just cause your little brother didn't play because he couldn't catch a fly ball don't get all hateful over the coaching staff playing kids who went 30-10 and made it to the state. OBVIOUSLY he was playing the RIGHT people their slick!!!. I think Coach Downs does a great job and is DEFINENTLY one of the top YOUNG coaches in the area. Plus if you "REMEMBER" his lineup beat Guinn last year 10-0 in the Sectional game to go to the state! So obviously he knows who to play and who not to Play.....That is just straight fact! So quit getting on here bashing people/coaches. If you think you KNOW everything.....Football or Baseball, GO Get your degree and get in COACHING!

I can't speak to who Coach Downs plays and for what reasons, however, bilbob you are the idiot for even bringing up the sectional game last year. I know that it was tough for the AC community, but the tradegy directly affected the PF PLAYERS differently. That was their coach, and alot of the AC kids never played with him.

I personally think AC wins that game no matter what last year for many different reasons. But I have no doubt 10-0 wasn't a true indication of either teams abilities.

As for AC this year, I think the book is still out on how good they really are or are not. Slow on the corners, not much depth pitching, loss of Rorex up the middle and at leadoff, and last but not least, Coach Downs gets the opportunity to coach his kids. It's on his shoulders now. If he lost last year, Guinn's fault. It he won last year, Guinn's team. Now it is his turn.

And don't be so quick to lose your temper.

So sensitive, Big Guy! Go back and read the initial post. My argument is just what I stated it to be. There are/were a lot of really good players that deserved to play. No one stated that Downs shouldn't have played Guinn's guys. He'd not have been very successful had he not played those players. You made it seem like Down's came in and totally beat Mike with a brand new team, all on his own. That did not happen. Downs beat Mike with Mike's team, Mike's first year at PF. I agree, AC is doing really well, now. However, there are those players who....... well, you know.

Coach Guinn had most of "AC's" TRUE players together when they were tots. He won a little league world series with

them. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you're referring to last year when they played

White Powell

York Bearden

Rorex West

Bynum Catholic

Farmer Campbell Co.

Guinn

Guinn

Looks like 7 starters that I know of that aren't true AC boys. By the way Guinn's team didn't win the Little League World Series. Get your facts straight. He did a great job recruiting legally!

You said you wish Guinn was back so he'd play the right players not ones that were playing due to thier dads....so explain! Then you said Downs played the right players? Thats were I'm confused!! Everything else I agree with you! Just clarify. if thats not what you mean. Price is from Clinton. Word on Rorex is he "Might" be back for tournament but doubtful. And I did forget Greeson on list, but he's not having the best of year i was told. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

White Powell

York Bearden

Rorex West

Bynum Catholic

Farmer Campbell Co.

Guinn

Guinn

Looks like 7 starters that I know of that aren't true AC boys. By the way Guinn's team didn't win the Little League World Series. Get your facts straight. He did a great job recruiting legally!

Hey Irish,

How ya been? I do believe in about 2000? Coach Guinn did win the little league world series. Ask Dalton Irwin about it and get back to me, please. Not sure about the date, pretty sure about the win.

White Powell

York Bearden

Rorex West

Bynum Catholic

Farmer Campbell Co.

Guinn

Guinn

Guinn's teams have won AABC world series, USSSA world series, CABA world series, and USYBA world series and maybe others. The AABC world series at 12 y.o. is much more difficult and much more competitive than that Little League crap. Guinn's teams didn't play Little League (otherwise known as REC BALL)

QUESTION TO ALL WHO READ!! IF FARRAGUT OR BEARDEN OR POWELL OR HALLS HAS A PLAYER OR TWO TRANSFER IN, DO YOU AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME THAT THEY WERE RECRUITED BY THE HEAD COACH?

MY ANSWER: NO, MOST OF US DO NOT ASSUME IT, WE SAY THEY CHANGED SCHOOLS TO GO TO A BETTER PROGRAM. SO WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH GUINN AND AC. I know for a fact that he recieved calls from interested parents of high quality players and told them not to come, I witnessed it first hand. Take that for what it is worth.

You said you wish Guinn was back so he'd play the right players not ones that were playing due to thier dads....so explain! Then you said Downs played the right players? Thats were I'm confused!! Everything else I agree with you! Just clarify. if thats not what you mean. Price is from Clinton. Word on Rorex is he "Might" be back for tournament but doubtful. And I did forget Greeson on list, but he's not having the best of year i was told. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

No where in my initial post were the words "right players". You jumped to way too many conclusions. Let me be specific with you, there were two positions the first year Mike left that I felt Coach Downs was playing the wrong players in the wrong positions.(I'm a season ticket fan, I feel I have the right to say that!) Coach Downs had better talent sitting the bench. He knew he had better talent sitting the bench. Keep in mind, I am no one's brother or dad or uncle or grandpa who was or is on the team. I have no hidden agenda. You are awful sensitive and jumped to all kinds of conclusions. So, explain it to me, please.

Guinn's teams have won AABC world series, USSSA world series, CABA world series, and USYBA world series and maybe others. The AABC world series at 12 y.o. is much more difficult and much more competitive than that Little League crap. Guinn's teams didn't play Little League (otherwise known as REC BALL)

QUESTION TO ALL WHO READ!! IF FARRAGUT OR BEARDEN OR POWELL OR HALLS HAS A PLAYER OR TWO TRANSFER IN, DO YOU AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME THAT THEY WERE RECRUITED BY THE HEAD COACH?

MY ANSWER: NO, MOST OF US DO NOT ASSUME IT, WE SAY THEY CHANGED SCHOOLS TO GO TO A BETTER PROGRAM. SO WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH GUINN AND AC. I know for a fact that he recieved calls from interested parents of high quality players and told them not to come, I witnessed it first hand. Take that for what it is worth.

My bad...thanks fanfromafar! I have mistaken the little league series for the 12 y.o. AABC world series. I stand corrected.

No where in my initial post were the words "right players". You jumped to way too many conclusions. Let me be specific with you, there were two positions the first year Mike left that I felt Coach Downs was playing the wrong players in the wrong positions.(I'm a season ticket fan, I feel I have the right to say that!) Coach Downs had better talent sitting the bench. He knew he had better talent sitting the bench. Keep in mind, I am no one's brother or dad or uncle or grandpa who was or is on the team. I have no hidden agenda. You are awful sensitive and jumped to all kinds of conclusions. So, explain it to me, please.

I believe this was downs' lineup last year:

rorex ss, price p, bynum c, foster 3, york cf, pack 1b, ellis dh, white rf, farmer 2b, and truan lf. Who was on the bench better than this lineup? Explanation complete! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Irish,

How ya been? I do believe in about 2000? Coach Guinn did win the little league world series. Ask Dalton Irwin about it and get back to me, please. Not sure about the date, pretty sure about the win.

You are correct, Irish. It was the 12y.o. AABC world series I was thinking of.

Also, I played for Coach Guinn and Coach Downs and I can tell you that Coach Downs is by far the better "COACH". Coach Guinn is the better recruiter! Coach Downs teaches the game every day at practice and does the "little things" to win games. When Coach Guinn was here, we would just show up and win on talent and talent alone. He never had an organized practice teaching us the game. Downs does it everyday!! He brought what he learned in D1 College Baseball and teaches it to us! Both are good coaches just in different ways!

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Player of the Year is selected from the state championship team. Mr. Baseball is selected from all teams. 
    • Coach you have a nice prize to wear!         https://fb.watch/sawAhYWhgj/   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=79!  24011444328424&set=p.7924011444328424&type=3&av=100001589421439&eav=AfadioohtnZNQy-vVnXq06az2GqJPZy3Y9joqOBQqRFGvkVtD2OI7pZhcBy6ixvhG0w&__cft__[0]=AZVNVV5aVzYZ_AMN0gXeHg_JX-gQ7BCacySYGzQG6E7y92gjlBNFlwTT7g_zHH4dbQb9gsKNs5PWEMVTtmCD5FSopv-E7B4CB6qqQFHNCpNZI7JhMJFoJobnRhip-goK8lAHPw2sCJowK0o7uUpF1CEllHEmS5PaKfIrJf4vCXiBCdfUS0OMqZf7zpWsQjCfOGM0QjysLp8ynDd7-dpedtiC6KPF37hKkRM9iG4DrSpvxQ&__tn__=R]-R
    • The people need our help!
    • Lol when was last time they won region or got past the 3 rd round. 
    • Gravedigger gotta finish filling the hole before hitting 40 East. May need a new Yellow Shirt play signaler on the Stones. And apparently a new strength coach now. Cicadas must've got shaken out of the bushes in Donelson. Hopefully the mower man sticks around to keep DG field looking pristine. Maybe new OC can call in a favor to his PGA friends that knows a thing or two about being green during the season. The heat is on soon. Bring in the 2 way freak Iceman and cool things off. He knows a thing or 2 about wildcats. Gotta take our talents South soon for Nationals. Don't step on my blue suede shoes.