Summertown, Columbia Acadamy, Richland

UNC23

Look you can say what you want about Summertown and the so called "weak" district that they play in but something has to be said for a team that competes for the Region championship year in and year out.

Summertown's baseball history speaks for itself...

2008 - District 12A Champs, Region 6A Champs, Sectional Champs, State Tournament Appearance

2007 - District 12A Champs, Region 6A Champs, Sectional Appearance

2006 - District 12A Champs, Region 6A Champs, Sectional Champs, State Tournament Appearance (Got double dipped by eventual State Champion McKenzie)

2004 - District 12A Runner-up (Runner-up to eventual State Runner-up Mt. Pleasant), Region Appearance

CoachT only goes to the 2003 season. I'm not sure on what Summertown's seasons looked like past that. I do know that they won state in the late 80's and maybe another state tournament appearance in the early 90's. I'm sure they went to the state sometime in the mid to late 90's. There is no telling the number of District Championships Summertown has won. The point of all this is that Summertown baseball is a winning program. Summertown wins once they get out of the District also.

Now CA has a history of winning teams also...

2006 - District 11A Champs, Region Appearance

2005 - District 12A Champs, Region Appearance

2003 - District 12A Champs, Region 6A Runner-up, Sectional Appearance

I believe CA was the State Runner-up in 2002 and won the State Championship in 93 or 94. I don't know of any other state tournament appearances but I know they won many district championships and made it to the Region tournament. CA has a winning program.

Now the game between Summertown and CA on April 17th will come down to who swings the bat better and who makes the least amount of mistakes because I'm sure neither team will throw their best pitchers. (CA Workman/Ayers/Taylor - Summertown Pitts/Harville/Hendrix) The game will not mean much but both teams will want to win. The game that will matter is if they meet up in the Region Tournament. Congrats to both teams for a great season up to this point and Good Luck the remainder of the season. I myself would like to see both teams playing the Spring Fling.

I agree, I hope both of these teams make it to state this year. Summertown definately has the team to get back and if CA can make it to sub-state and Workman is on, they will have a pretty good shot. Good luck to both teams this year!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I hope both of these teams make it to state this year. Summertown definately has the team to get back and if CA can make it to sub-state and Workman is on, they will have a pretty good shot. Good luck to both teams this year!

I believe what gives Summertown a large advantage is they do not have Football! Kids are Fresh in the other sports and not beat up from Football.

Does anyone have any details on the Summertown/Mt Pleasant game? Who pitched for both teams etc... I know Summertown won 7-0 but just wanted to get some details on the game from both teams.

CA beat Culleoka 4-3. Ayers pitched 5 innings with Pratt throwing the 6th and 7th. Culleoka threw Scott. He gave up back to back homeruns to Workman and Ayers but besides that he pitched pretty good.

CA travels to Cornersville today if the rain holds off. Summertown heads to Mt Pleasant.

Does anyone have any details on the Summertown/Mt Pleasant game? Who pitched for both teams etc... I know Summertown won 7-0 but just wanted to get some details on the game from both teams.

CA beat Culleoka 4-3. Ayers pitched 5 innings with Pratt throwing the 6th and 7th. Culleoka threw Scott. He gave up back to back homeruns to Workman and Ayers but besides that he pitched pretty good.

CA travels to Cornersville today if the rain holds off. Summertown heads to Mt Pleasant.

Pitts pitched 6 innings for Summertown. Harville closed it out. Mt. Pleaseant never really threatened in this one.

Summertown kind of pecked away to score the 7 runs. They loaded the bases in the 2nd and 3rd but only scored once. They could have blown it open early with a couple of clutch hits.

Who is the Pratt kid you mentioned that pitched for CA?

Pitts pitched 6 innings for Summertown. Harville closed it out. Mt. Pleaseant never really threatened in this one.

Summertown kind of pecked away to score the 7 runs. They loaded the bases in the 2nd and 3rd but only scored once. They could have blown it open early with a couple of clutch hits.

Who is the Pratt kid you mentioned that pitched for CA?

He is a left handed freshman. Supposely pretty good. I haven't got a chance to check him out yet.

Pitts is tough to hit! Who threw for MP?

Dude you guys need to remove your heads from Summertown's butt before you suficate... lol

They might be good, but there are a lot of other good teams in A ball.

I'm picking Columbia Academy over them in the region just cause they're gonna get the big head with all you people brown nosing them!

Dude you guys need to remove your heads from Summertown's butt before you suficate... lol

They might be good, but there are a lot of other good teams in A ball.

I'm picking Columbia Academy over them in the region just cause they're gonna get the big head with all you people brown nosing them!

Thanks for your opinion!

I'm giving respect to a good Summertown team. I also give respect to a good CA team.

i know CA is on spring break, im not sure if summertown is(im pretty sure there not) but i bet its hard to get up for games when your not at school all day!

i know when we had football games on fall break they were just a drag.

i dont think CA's players that played football are really effected by that. they didnt have anyone have any serious injuries that would be hurting them this late in the year.

Anything less than a state championship for both of these teams i believe will be a failure they dont want to just win it they want it all. just my opinion. Havent really had a chance to talk to any of the players. But u can just sense it.

i have talked to some of them. They have high expectations, but they know they have to take it 1 game at a time.

Anything less than a state championship for both of these teams i believe will be a failure they dont want to just win it they want it all. just my opinion. Havent really had a chance to talk to any of the players. But u can just sense it.

neither team makes it to state this year. Skumertown has no pitching!!!!!!!!!!

neither team makes it to state this year. Skumertown has no pitching!!!!!!!!!!

Summertown has no pitching? Ok!

Pitts - Would be in any teams rotation

Harville - He is legit and will win Summertown some games

Hendrix - The WOW factor is not there but he can win you games also.

Huddleston - Young but will help

Chard - Was impressive in the State Tournament last year as an 8th grader.

Summertown bats will give their pitching plenty of support this year!