Summertown, Columbia Acadamy, Richland

UNC23

I think if CA could control the weather they would because the first weekend of the season they were supposed to play in a loretto tournament and play Spring Hill Loretto and Mt pleasant and this last weekend the summertown classic they were supposed to play perry co and lewis co so it aint like they didnt schedule big schools it just so happens the weather didnt hold up for them

ok, spring hill has a pretty good team this year but do you really consider loretto, mt pleasant and perry county as awesome baseball schools? i mean they're decent but nothing like tullahoma, franklin, coffee co. or white co.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look you can say what you want about Summertown and the so called "weak" district that they play in but something has to be said for a team that competes for the Region championship year in and year out.

Summertown's baseball history speaks for itself...

2008 - District 12A Champs, Region 6A Champs, Sectional Champs, State Tournament Appearance

2007 - District 12A Champs, Region 6A Champs, Sectional Appearance

2006 - District 12A Champs, Region 6A Champs, Sectional Champs, State Tournament Appearance (Got double dipped by eventual State Champion McKenzie)

2004 - District 12A Runner-up (Runner-up to eventual State Runner-up Mt. Pleasant), Region Appearance

CoachT only goes to the 2003 season. I'm not sure on what Summertown's seasons looked like past that. I do know that they won state in the late 80's and maybe another state tournament appearance in the early 90's. I'm sure they went to the state sometime in the mid to late 90's. There is no telling the number of District Championships Summertown has won. The point of all this is that Summertown baseball is a winning program. Summertown wins once they get out of the District also.

Now CA has a history of winning teams also...

2006 - District 11A Champs, Region Appearance

2005 - District 12A Champs, Region Appearance

2003 - District 12A Champs, Region 6A Runner-up, Sectional Appearance

I believe CA was the State Runner-up in 2002 and won the State Championship in 93 or 94. I don't know of any other state tournament appearances but I know they won many district championships and made it to the Region tournament. CA has a winning program.

Now the game between Summertown and CA on April 17th will come down to who swings the bat better and who makes the least amount of mistakes because I'm sure neither team will throw their best pitchers. (CA Workman/Ayers/Taylor - Summertown Pitts/Harville/Hendrix) The game will not mean much but both teams will want to win. The game that will matter is if they meet up in the Region Tournament. Congrats to both teams for a great season up to this point and Good Luck the remainder of the season. I myself would like to see both teams playing the Spring Fling.

ok, spring hill has a pretty good team this year but do you really consider loretto, mt pleasant and perry county as awesome baseball schools? i mean they're decent but nothing like tullahoma, franklin, coffee co. or white co.

tullahoma is 2-11

franklin is 5-7

coffee co. is 8-4

white co. is 1-4

out of all these "awesome" schools you listed only one of them has a winning record.

tullahoma is 2-11

franklin is 5-7

coffee co. is 8-4

white co. is 1-4

out of all these "awesome" schools you listed only one of them has a winning record.

Tullahoma and Coffee County play in a VERY tough district with Columbia Central, Lawrence County, Lincoln County, Franklin County, and Shelbyville. I have seen Coffee County play a few times. They are good and can swing the bat. Tullahoma is going through a difficult time right now. They are battling many injuries.

Tullahoma and Coffee County play in a VERY tough district with Columbia Central, Lawrence County, Lincoln County, Franklin County, and Shelbyville. I have seen Coffee County play a few times. They are good and can swing the bat. Tullahoma is going through a difficult time right now. They are battling many injuries.

i like most of the people talking have not seen the other team play. i've seen CA play, but not summertown. they've seen summertown play, but probably not CA. you on the other hand have probably seen both, but your not really saying anything. seeing as i havnt seen the other team play all i can throw out is numbers. and like most sports numbers dont mean much. but pre-season(game) whatever you wanna call it, there fun to throw out there.

i like most of the people talking have not seen the other team play. i've seen CA play, but not summertown. they've seen summertown play, but probably not CA. you on the other hand have probably seen both, but your not really saying anything. seeing as i havnt seen the other team play all i can throw out is numbers. and like most sports numbers dont mean much. but pre-season(game) whatever you wanna call it, there fun to throw out there.

I'm saying that Summertown and CA both are very good teams this year. People that say for example Summertown beat so and so team and CA lost to so and so team makes no sense at all. Scores and records don't mean anything when it comes to head to head. When Summertown and CA play I'm sure it is going to be a good game. It will probably be a great game if they happen to meet in the Region tournament but first both teams have to place 1st or 2nd in their district tournament. In my opinion CA has the more dominating pitching and Summertown has the better hitting line-up.

Rankings of Pitchers -

# 1 Workman - CA

# 2 Pitts - Summertown

# 3 Ayers - CA

# 4 Harville - Summertown

# 5 Hendrix - Summertown

# 6 Taylor - CA

Others to mention

Summertown - Huddleston, KJ Roberts, Chard

CA - Left Handed Freshman (His name slips my mind), Williams (Only if needed)

I think Summertown has more experinced pitching in the rotation as a team but Workman is the best pitcher and has the most experience from the mound in big games or any game. (Not only for CA but for Post 19 and travel)

Ranking of Hitters -

# 1 Gobbell - Summertown

# 2 Harville - Summertown

# 3 KJ Roberts - Summertown

# 4 Horne - CA

# 5 Williams - CA

# 6 Ramsey - Summertown

# 7 Hendrix - Summertown

# 8 Earl - CA

# 9 Workman - CA

# 10 Ayers - CA

Gobbell is the best hitter (player) on the field without a doubt. Harville and Roberts swing it better than anyone on CA's team.

I think in a head to head game with Summertown and CA it all comes down to who is at their best on that day. Does CA's pitching over power Summertown or does Summertown's bats rock CA's pitching? We can sit and debate this all day but only a head to head match up will determine who is better.

Also remember this is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth.

I'm saying that Summertown and CA both are very good teams this year. People that say for example Summertown beat so and so team and CA lost to so and so team makes no sense at all. Scores and records don't mean anything when it comes to head to head. When Summertown and CA play I'm sure it is going to be a good game. It will probably be a great game if they happen to meet in the Region tournament but first both teams have to place 1st or 2nd in their district tournament. In my opinion CA has the more dominating pitching and Summertown has the better hitting line-up.

Rankings of Pitchers -

# 1 Workman - CA

# 2 Pitts - Summertown

# 3 Ayers - CA

# 4 Harville - Summertown

# 5 Hendrix - Summertown

# 6 Taylor - CA

Others to mention

Summertown - Huddleston, KJ Roberts, Chard

CA - Left Handed Freshman (His name slips my mind), Williams (Only if needed)

I think Summertown has more experinced pitching in the rotation as a team but Workman is the best pitcher and has the most experience from the mound in big games or any game. (Not only for CA but for Post 19 and travel)

Ranking of Hitters -

# 1 Gobbell - Summertown

# 2 Harville - Summertown

# 3 KJ Roberts - Summertown

# 4 Horne - CA

# 5 Williams - CA

# 6 Ramsey - Summertown

# 7 Hendrix - Summertown

# 8 Earl - CA

# 9 Workman - CA

# 10 Ayers - CA

Gobbell is the best hitter (player) on the field without a doubt. Harville and Roberts swing it better than anyone on CA's team.

I think in a head to head game with Summertown and CA it all comes down to who is at their best on that day. Does CA's pitching over power Summertown or does Summertown's bats rock CA's pitching? We can sit and debate this all day but only a head to head match up will determine who is better.

Also remember this is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth.

i just dont know how much that first game will prove. since it will not matter will both teams pitch younger guys? kinda like when richland beat CA in that pre season scrimmage when both teams pitched freshmen. i know numbers dont count for anything. teams you beat dont mean anything. its just all fun in games. which i believe summertown people take a bit to seriosly.

i just dont know how much that first game will prove. since it will not matter will both teams pitch younger guys? kinda like when richland beat CA in that pre season scrimmage when both teams pitched freshmen. i know numbers dont count for anything. teams you beat dont mean anything. its just all fun in games. which i believe summertown people take a bit to seriosly.

Summertown people take all their sports programs serious... That is why most of their sports programs have so much success!

Summertown people take all their sports programs serious... That is why most of their sports programs have so much success!

Exactly Summertown is out for one thing only this year, a trip to the state tournament with a serious shot to win it. They want to win thats it