CAN COACH MADEWELL HAVE A WINNING SEASON @ W.C>

pioneers63

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this going to be another coach bashing thread? Why is it that some of you folks in Warren County can't stop bashing your coaches? Do you want the job? Is that what this is all about? Throughout the season and since the start of this year there has been this continuous list of questions and threads about Chris. Why not just go up to the man and talk to him directly rather than all this crap? A real man would meet face to face with him.

I have no dog in this hunt but I can remember just a few years back when Warren County was the laughing stock of football and everyone's HOMECOMING GAME. The only coach in the past decade to make it a respectable program has been Chris Madewell. Now, I will be honest, I don't think any school in the new district other than Cookeville has a shot at going past the second round of the playoffs but that doesn't mean that Warren County can't finish in second place and possibly upset Cookeville again this year and finish in first place. Why don't we wait and see what happens instead of doing this again.

I think people forget how bad WC was less than 10 years ago. When I played we were horrible. What Warren Co. needs to do is get the middle school and little leagues to get on his system and style of football, so that in future years middle schoolers will be prepared as freshmen.

You are right the middle school and little league should install the high school offense, but when they change it up every year or two it hard to install anything.

I am one of the directors of the youth program in Warren County. In the past two years only two high school coaches have attended our games on Saturday's and both of them had children who played and as soon as their games were over they left unless it was their turn to work in the concession stand. As far as the middle school goes, when he was first named coach, we tried to meet with Mr. Cotten and he dropped by for maybe five minutes saying he had to go to a car wash or something like that. We have tried to get the high school to put on a clinic for players and coaches both but have had no success in even getting them to offer any support whatsoever. The only support we ever got was from Bill Harris when he was middle school coach. You would think that somw of these people would at least show up and watch the kids who will be the future of the program.

I am one of the directors of the youth program in Warren County. In the past two years only two high school coaches have attended our games on Saturday's and both of them had children who played and as soon as their games were over they left unless it was their turn to work in the concession stand. As far as the middle school goes, when he was first named coach, we tried to meet with Mr. Cotten and he dropped by for maybe five minutes saying he had to go to a car wash or something like that. We have tried to get the high school to put on a clinic for players and coaches both but have had no success in even getting them to offer any support whatsoever. The only support we ever got was from Bill Harris when he was middle school coach. You would think that somw of these people would at least show up and watch the kids who will be the future of the program.

I beleive if you called coach cotten and set it up when he didn't have a fundraiser that day he would meet with ya'll. But to you parents and youth directors do ya'll take your kids to the conditioning after school do you preach to the kids in the youth program when they move up to the seventh grade that they need to start conditioning in the offseason. I've gone to the games over at bobbie ray and don't have a dog in the hunt. I love just to watch the kids play don't agree with how everything is run but i love to watch the games. as far as a wining season it all depends on the kids. they have conditioning this week and ask how many kids are out there working out. the coaches can only do so much. Don't agree with everything the coaches do but complain when all the kids are doing what they are supposed to be doing to get better. I WOULD DOING ANYTHING COACH HARRIS ASKED ME TO DO

fishfearme, don't worry about the youth program. Ya'll are doing a great job! I watched alot of games there this year and am very impressed. The youth league is for having fun and getting the kids exicted about football and developing strong fundamentals. Blocking, tackling, footwork etc. I think the youth coaches should try to run some of the basic stuff that the middle school and high school does to set the ground work for them. There are several youth coaches that do that. It's all about fingerpointing. Everybody wants to blame someone else. The youth program is doing there part. Middle school coach Cotten is new and ambitious and given time and support will do well. Bill Harris was the best coach @ the middle school level I've ever been around. He had a great staff and put the players exactly were they needed to be. He let his position coaches do their job and had a presence about him that all the players loved. They would fight the devil for him. My son still gives him a hug when he sees him and talks about him often. There are some people that get the most out of their players and staff and some people don't. IMO what we are lacking is COMMITTMENT! Coach Madewell addressed the booster club about it right after the Blue & White game. That has got to come from all of us! Coaches, players, parents and the community. I stopped by the weightroom Tuesday morning were workouts this week were supposed to be voluntary due to spring break and was very dissapointed. I saw one player working out and one coach and about 8 or 9 in the gym playing basketball. Wasn't there about 40 playing in the spring game? Having a good football team starts in the weightroom and anyone with any football knowledge will tell you that. I would hate to think of what Coach Newby or Rankin would have done to us if we were playing basketball instead of lifting weights. With that said, coaches can only do so much. Where is the want to and the Pioneer Pride in our players?

Hate to keep bringin' up the past, but when I was in the program, we had a problem with getting people to work out. Now I will say that after Fritts was canned, the training and conditioning went down pretty quickly. I guess some of us had more drive than others. The kids who show up at six in the morning will be taking it to those who are still in bed. The weight room is where winners are made.

Is this going to be another coach bashing thread? Why is it that some of you folks in Warren County can't stop bashing your coaches? Do you want the job? Is that what this is all about? Throughout the season and since the start of this year there has been this continuous list of questions and threads about Chris. Why not just go up to the man and talk to him directly rather than all this crap? A real man would meet face to face with him.

I have no dog in this hunt but I can remember just a few years back when Warren County was the laughing stock of football and everyone's HOMECOMING GAME. The only coach in the past decade to make it a respectable program has been Chris Madewell. Now, I will be honest, I don't think any school in the new district other than Cookeville has a shot at going past the second round of the playoffs but that doesn't mean that Warren County can't finish in second place and possibly upset Cookeville again this year and finish in first place. Why don't we wait and see what happens instead of doing this again.

fbcoach im not going bash anyone BUT when you find ways to lose chis is going to have to live with it he is the head coach he is responsible win or lose his total record is very poor..

Hate to keep bringin' up the past, but when I was in the program, we had a problem with getting people to work out. Now I will say that after Fritts was canned, the training and conditioning went down pretty quickly. I guess some of us had more drive than others. The kids who show up at six in the morning will be taking it to those who are still in bed. The weight room is where winners are made.

WCVOL, welcome to the "T". You are correct. Stronger, faster and focused is what it is all about. There is still plenty of talent @ WC. One area of concern this year is lineman. We only have a couple that are dedicated and several of our skill positions are stronger than most of our lineman. NO EXCUSE! We have alot of potential and to answer "63's" question to the start of this thread is "yes" coach Madewell will have a winning record if the players will dedicate themselves and we put players in the right positions.

Fishfearme, Ease up bro! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You know in addition to the 2 high school coaches that were there, there were at least 2 if not 3 or 4 of the middle school coaches there every saturday. Did you try to talk to those guys about setting something up? Between Nitro14 and me we could probably pass the word along to the coaches that you're interested in sitting down for a meeting. You've got my home number, call me. As for the HS coaches leaving after their games I can tell you that I spoke to one of them after his son's game and he was heading out to review game film from the night before and then going on a road trip to get game film for the next weeks game.