CAN COACH MADEWELL HAVE A WINNING SEASON @ W.C>

pioneers63

Fishfearme, Ease up bro! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You know in addition to the 2 high school coaches that were there, there were at least 2 if not 3 or 4 of the middle school coaches there every saturday. Did you try to talk to those guys about setting something up? Between Nitro14 and me we could probably pass the word along to the coaches that you're interested in sitting down for a meeting. You've got my home number, call me. As for the HS coaches leaving after their games I can tell you that I spoke to one of them after his son's game and he was heading out to review game film from the night before and then going on a road trip to get game film for the next weeks game.

Your right owls1987. I'll help anyway I can. The one thing I have learned over the years as far as running the youth program is not to worry with anyone except "The Youth Program". We tried and tried to work with the middle and high school coaches and learned alot, but bottom line is make sure your coaches teach the kids fundamentals and make sure they have the kids best interest at heart. Middle & high school coaches will always find a reason not to be a part of what you are doing or place blame on you for their shortcommings, but make sure your program is doing what is right. For the last several years, I can honestly say the youth program is holding up their end of the bargain. What we need to find out is why our numbers drop off so much @ the high school level and why our boys are not dedicated to getting stronger and faster.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WCVOL, welcome to the "T". You are correct. Stronger, faster and focused is what it is all about. There is still plenty of talent @ WC. One area of concern this year is lineman. We only have a couple that are dedicated and several of our skill positions are stronger than most of our lineman. NO EXCUSE! We have alot of potential and to answer "63's" question to the start of this thread is "yes" coach Madewell will have a winning record if the players will dedicate themselves and we put players in the right positions.

Thanks. I used to be on here a while back and forgot my info for this site. Haven't been on here for a while. Ever since the whole Eades ordeal started a few months back, I've been trying to see what all has been going on.

Thanks. I used to be on here a while back and forgot my info for this site. Haven't been on here for a while. Ever since the whole Eades ordeal started a few months back, I've been trying to see what all has been going on.

I look forward to your insight this year. I truly believe we will have a better season than alot of people think.

The whole Middle School/Youth Programs running the same thing as the high school is slightly overrated. They should mostly focus on skill development. If they can get into a stance, come off the ball, and block/shed/tackle/catch/run when they get to the high school the scheme part can be installed.

The lower levels should follow the same general philosophy, i.e. not going 5 wide and chunking it all over the field if the HS is a run oriented team. But running the exact same scheme isn't necessary. Don't get me wrong, it's nice if it can be done, but the MS/Youth can teach individual skill development while tailoring their scheme to fit their people, or their particular coach's style.

Also, just so I'm clear, I'm not saying anything about the coaches on any level! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I think they all do a good job of getting their players ready.

The youth programs should stop at 6th grade. If your in the 7th or 8th grade you should be at the middle school. It also helps if the youth program leaders actually support the high school instead of criticizing it. And yes that has been done before.

Nobody supports the high school more than the youth program. If we didn't, do you think the BOD would spend 11 months out of the year trying to get light on Bobby Ray field, fundraising,ordering equipment and meeting with surrounding counties setting up games so we don't have to play the same people every Saturday? It would just be nice to see a coach that doesn't have a child playing to take an hour on a Saturday to show the future of the program that they are interested in them. I realize that they have film study and have to make time for their family too, but in talking to these other counties they get a lot more support than is given here. We have reworked our age groups to fit more in line with middle school ages, but one of the problem we get is a coach says no 6th graders will play and the maybe one will get to try out because his parents went to the coach and raised a ruckus, so what does that say to the others that don't get to play at that age. I'm not bashing anyone, and appologize if that's what it seems like. Maybe let the youth players run out onto the field with the players at a game or something like that. But don't think the youth program doesn't support the Pioneers, I have watched just about every player on the team come up thru the years and know most of the coaches, their all good people, just a little cooperation from both side would work wonders.

Let's look @ the positives. The youth program has over 200 kids playing on Saturday's, lights are being installed, good crowds, good food and most importantly they are learning the game and having fun. The middle school will benefit from this and Coach Cotten and his staff are working hard to keep kids playing and will be fine. Our high school continues to make the playoffs and had big wins last year over Cookeville, Coffee Co. and played the state champs as good as anyone in the playoffs. They had two players sign with colleges and several current players are getting alot of interest from colleges. We must continue to improve, but everyone involved with W.C. football has made great strides.

I was at the youth games and announced on the games on Saturdays 3 different weekends last year ,as well as talking to the kids trying to keep them playing ,there is support from the middle school.We need the 7th and 8th graders with us regardless.They learn the system they learn the style they learn the Aspirations of being on a team and Working together as a team EVERYDAY.There are exceptions to the rules but as a rules a 6th grader wont get on the field BUT THERE ARE ALWAYS Exceptions.We want as many kids in the program as we can get it makes for better practices and makes WC football better.

Good luck to the High School Middle School and the youth programs Its spring and I'm already GEARED UP for practice, can we go right now ?

Remember tell these kids to get to off season Workouts Mondays and Wednesdays ,We got a lot of kids getting stronger but We need more