Giles County's offense

MikeWinchell

GC played well in a previous game when it was raining, so I dont see that being an issue, although, I do know that if the offensive line continues to block like they did in the 2nd half of the Page game we will be in trouble in the playoffs. kudos to their coaching staff! I think GC needs another deep threat along with ZB.

I agree the weather was not the deciding factor in the page game. Page coaches did an excellent job with their defensive game plan and our offensive line couldn't give our quarterback time to do anything.

The difference in the rain games was that the page field was soggy due to the massive amounts of water on it. Late in the fall of the year all of the fields will retain water even if it doesn't rain six inches in three days.......

As far as another deep threat, I think that if Houston is able to stay healthy the rest of the year and into the playoffs, we will be ridding his back. I'm sure that future teams will start keying on him to slow or shut us down. The problem with the "deep threat" is that in this level of playing, most of the qb's tend to loft the ball. That may work against lesser opponents but in the playoffs, if it happens, that kind of game plan will get us beat.

I'm pleased with where we are right now and what we are doing so far....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC played well in a previous game when it was raining, so I dont see that being an issue, although, I do know that if the offensive line continues to block like they did in the 2nd half of the Page game we will be in trouble in the playoffs. kudos to their coaching staff! I think GC needs another deep threat along with ZB.

I agree the weather was not the deciding factor in the page game. Page coaches did an excellent job with their defensive game plan and our offensive line couldn't give our quarterback time to do anything.

The difference in the rain games was that the page field was soggy due to the massive amounts of water on it. Late in the fall of the year all of the fields will retain water even if it doesn't rain six inches in three days.......

As far as another deep threat, I think that if Houston is able to stay healthy the rest of the year and into the playoffs, we will be ridding his back. I'm sure that future teams will start keying on him to slow or shut us down. The problem with the "deep threat" is that in this level of playing, most of the qb's tend to loft the ball. That may work against lesser opponents but in the playoffs, if it happens, that kind of game plan will get us beat.

I'm pleased with where we are right now and what we are doing so far....

You're 100% right about Houston. He is the key to this offense and he doesn't get enough credit.

Lofting the ball can be a problem when you have talented and experienced DB's. As for the rest of the regular season they'll be able to just throw it up. No one's left on the schedule really. Which is going to be this teams downfall.

I bet you would like another deep threat! :thumb::thumb:

I bet you would like another deep threat! :thumb::lol:

:thumb::thumb:

You're 100% right about Houston. He is the key to this offense and he doesn't get enough credit.

Lofting the ball can be a problem when you have talented and experienced DB's. As for the rest of the regular season they'll be able to just throw it up. No one's left on the schedule really. Which is going to be this teams downfall.

My sentiments exactly!

I agree that Houston is going to be the key. He really needs some carries to help his stats in the upcoming games against lesser opponents but I'm sure OC is smart enough not to put him in situations to get hurt. The only forseeable (spelling) problem with having Houston and Wallace is that one is going to start getting the spotlight. For example, if Houston takes a handoff agains Hickman on his own 20 and breaks it, it wont take long for his numbers to rise. Or, since we are playing lesser oponents, same could happen for Wallace. Because Houston is the back bone of our team and he is probably the most talented player we have, I'm betting his per yard average will skyrocket. I think G.C. and OC should do more to publicize him but then again, he may not want everyone to know just how good he is.

I don't understand why he isn't more publicized. He has the stats. I hope some colleges realize that he is the real deal.

I've wondered that myself. Think OC may be trying to keep him at a low profile? If the playoff teams are going to view film, you know who they are going to key on.

I don't think that's the case because Houston has been a big factor the past two years. I think everyone knows that he is a threat.

I don't understand why he isn't more publicized. He has the stats. I hope some colleges realize that he is the real deal.

I've wondered that myself. Think OC may be trying to keep him at a low profile? If the playoff teams are going to view film, you know who they are going to key on.

I don't think that's the case because Houston has been a big factor the past two years. I think everyone knows that he is a threat.

I agree. You know, he has the skills to go onto the next level and if he is with a good team with good coaches, he may even go further. I've listened to him talk on the radio after some of the games (one that I remember well) and he doesn't sound dumb. How are his grades? I hear Wallace's are too good.

Here we go again. What a great conspiracy theory these two (bobcat111 and mike w) have cooked up. Doesnt need saying but i will OC does just as much for one player as he does for the other. I even remember him helping a kid he didnt coach get ready and maybe into a college after a year off from football. I am sure all the coaches on this staff do what they can to get all kids names out there with videos, combines and whatever else they can do.

I agree. You know, he has the skills to go onto the next level and if he is with a good team with good coaches, he may even go further. I've listened to him talk on the radio after some of the games (one that I remember well) and he doesn't sound dumb. How are his grades? I hear Wallace's are too good.

He has the talent and he's on a good team with REALLY good coaches(some of who are the best in the state in my opinion). He's not dumb. If i'm correct he is a student council officer. I don't know about his grades. Do you mean aren't too good? Because they are far from too good.

Here we go again. What a great conspiracy theory these two (bobcat111 and mike w) have cooked up. Doesnt need saying but i will OC does just as much for one player as he does for the other. I even remember him helping a kid he didnt coach get ready and maybe into a college after a year off from football. I am sure all the coaches on this staff do what they can to get all kids names out there with videos, combines and whatever else they can do.

I didn't say the coaches don't do what they can to get the kids names out there. I'm just wondering why Houston isn't getting much attention. OC has sent ton's of kids to good colleges. I'm not putting down his talent of getting kids names out there. He has done an excellent job at this. More kids have went to play college ball from Giles since he's been there than in the past 10 years prior to his arrival. Are you talking about Deron Garrett?