Giles County's offense

MikeWinchell

http://coachoc.com/ -recruiting for GC.

Glad you posted that. I believe Giles coaching staff works as hard as anyone to promote ALL their players to the next level group. Division I, II, III, or anyone else. I know they visit numerous events in the off season where smaller colleges meet together with coaches to identify prospective players that can help their systems. Sure there will always be some players that receive more attention than others, but the point is they work very hard to insure all the players names are circulating out there.

Someone posted the fact that Giles was a non-factor until about 4 years ago. Truer words were never spoken. Regardless of what a few say on here, the coaching staff has put enormous emphasis on teamwork, GPA's, accountability, and hard work to success ratios. This staff takes a kid who is undersized, slower that desired, and through coaching (i.e. Teaching), enables them to play at a high level on Friday nights. For the first time in 37 years of GC football I see players on the field that wouldn't have made the FG unit under former staffs. We are blessed to have ALL of them.

I do not for one minute believe plays are called just to "pad" players stats. The starters have put in lots of time and individual effort to acquire the playing time they receive. Why should they have to sit down because the opposing team for whatever reasons fails to stop them or has an inability to put together a scoring drive? Trust me. Giles was on that side of the coin for many years. It tastes real bad but the players deserve their minutes....... :popcorneater:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://coachoc.com/ -recruiting for GC.

Glad you posted that. I believe Giles coaching staff works as hard as anyone to promote ALL their players to the next level group. Division I, II, III, or anyone else. I know they visit numerous events in the off season where smaller colleges meet together with coaches to identify prospective players that can help their systems. Sure there will always be some players that receive more attention than others, but the point is they work very hard to insure all the players names are circulating out there.

Someone posted the fact that Giles was a non-factor until about 4 years ago. Truer words were never spoken. Regardless of what a few say on here, the coaching staff has put enormous emphasis on teamwork, GPA's, accountability, and hard work to success ratios. This staff takes a kid who is undersized, slower that desired, and through coaching (i.e. Teaching), enables them to play at a high level on Friday nights. For the first time in 37 years of GC football I see players on the field that wouldn't have made the FG unit under former staffs. We are blessed to have ALL of them.

I do not for one minute believe plays are called just to "pad" players stats. The starters have put in lots of time and individual effort to acquire the playing time they receive. Why should they have to sit down because the opposing team for whatever reasons fails to stop them or has an inability to put together a scoring drive? Trust me. Giles was on that side of the coin for many years. It tastes real bad but the players deserve their minutes....... :thumb:

I've been on the other side of that coin myself and you're right it does taste bad, real bad. Having experienced losing and losing big made me a better sport. It taught me that there is no need in running the score up with your 1st string. If you put the 2nd team in and they still score, okay that's fine. Just because someone used to bully you doesn't mean you can bully other people when you get big.

I've been on the other side of that coin myself and you're right it does taste bad, real bad. Having experienced losing and losing big made me a better sport. It taught me that there is no need in running the score up with your 1st string. If you put the 2nd team in and they still score, okay that's fine. Just because someone used to bully you doesn't mean you can bully other people when you get big.

Awe :thumb: ....poor lil Mikey.......did you used to get bullied back in the day......Thanks for opening up, that sheds some light on your severe angst.

Awe :lol: ....poor lil Mikey.......did you used to get bullied back in the day......Thanks for opening up, that sheds some light on your severe angst.

Ha Wow that was a very poor interpritation of my last post. I was refering to being on a football team that only won one game. Angst huh? I didn't realize you're vocabulary was that big :thumb: Do you know what that word means? It means fear. That doesn't really apply to me I don't think. How have I expressed fear?

Well....thats probably what your 3rd grade pocket dictionary gives as a definition. I applaud you for checking. I used the word, angst, in a more wholistic sense meaning a general feeling of anxiety or emotional instability bordering on neurosis.

Ha did you google that? I know you didn't learn all that with a Richland education. :thumb:

Again how have I showed any anxiety? or emotional instability? Please do tell professor.

Awe :thumb: ....poor lil Mikey.......did you used to get bullied back in the day......Thanks for opening up, that sheds some light on your severe angst.

Ha Wow that was a very poor interpritation of my last post. I was refering to being on a football team that only won one game. Angst huh? I didn't realize you're vocabulary was that big :hungry: Do you know what that word means? It means fear. That doesn't really apply to me I don't think. How have I expressed fear?

You don't like CAPITAL letters! :popcorneater:

Well....thats probably what your 3rd grade pocket dictionary gives as a definition. I applaud you for checking. I used the word, angst, in a more wholistic sense meaning a general feeling of anxiety or emotional instability bordering on neurosis.

Ha did you google that? I know you didn't learn all that with a Richland education. :popcorneater:

Again how have I showed any anxiety? or emotional instability? Please do tell professor.

Hey now!!!!!! watch the vulgarity and deprivation of my character. The closest i got to a Richland education was a couple of gorgeous Raiderettes. :hungry:

Ha did you google that? I know you didn't learn all that with a Richland education. :popcorneater:

Hey now!!!!!! watch the vulgarity and deprivation of my character. The closest i got to a Richland education was a couple of gorgeous Raiderettes. :thumb:

Sorry about that...Thought you were someone else. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. :hungry: I was wondering how a hillbilly from Richland knew all of those words and how to use them.