Giles County's offense

MikeWinchell

how do you think that the skill positions will look this year for Giles?

Of course theres wallace, houston, and smith, who all look very good. but who else will step up? Brown has been kicked off the team for behavioral problems and is not expected to return. however, i feel like this will help the team somewhat. think about it, last year without him they made it to the 3rd round, the year before that brown had around 700 yards recieving but they didnt make it past the first round. i think when he's in, oconner takes too many chances throwing the deep ball. last years short passing game along with houston and wallace running the ball worked much better.

but back to my topic..who will step up and takeover the position that brown used to hold and that newton played last year.

i know watson is pretty good..but is there anyone else that can play reciever?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two words.................Still loaded! Giles has a ton of talent. Deep in skilled players, some known, some yet to be discovered. Giles will be in great shape regardless.

Any chance of Brown coming back after spring? Or is he done period.

Either way Giles could (should) run the table. This just might be there year.

Two words.................Still loaded! Giles has a ton of talent. Deep in skilled players, some known, some yet to be discovered. Giles will be in great shape regardless.

Any chance of Brown coming back after spring? Or is he done period.

Either way Giles could (should) run the table. This just might be there year.

i have heard from a VERY reliable source that he will not return. he got into with a coach(not the first time this has happened) and i guess they got tired of it finally.

Giles is deep. Don't see a problem.

didnt say there was a problem...just wondering who is going to step up thats not a big name yet.

especially at reciever, which seems to be the weakest position right now.

i think that houston is going to steal some of wallace's spotlight this year. he's going to have an outstanding season that could quite possibly overshadow wallace's

Don't see a problem.........meant........don't see a problem with the loss of one player. Didn't mean to say you said it. With all I hear about Giles, I would guess there is someone that has been standing on the side line waiting for their chance. Do you know who the other receivers are, ones that played behind Brown? Have to agree about Houston.......big year for him. With his talent and the schedule favoring Giles, nothing but greatness!

Giles is one of those schools this coming year that can control their own destiny. The have it all.

I think you will have someone shine that comes in and replaces Brown. Good Coaching.

Don't see a problem.........meant........don't see a problem with the loss of one player. Didn't mean to say you said it. With all I hear about Giles, I would guess there is someone that has been standing on the side line waiting for their chance. Do you know who the other receivers are, ones that played behind Brown? Have to agree about Houston.......big year for him. With his talent and the schedule favoring Giles, nothing but greatness!

Giles is one of those schools this coming year that can control their own destiny. The have it all.

I think you will have someone shine that comes in and replaces Brown. Good Coaching.

with the loss of newton and bochoven, the top receiver will now be tyler watson(really he was ranked above bochoven last year though in my opinion). there are only about two more receivers that got any playing time last year in cody davis and zach bailey. there are some talented upcoming sophmores that should be pretty good in the future but not this year. and i would expect josh smith to step up and be a decent receiver this year.

About Houston, i dont see any team in this district being able to stop him...and if he's gaining good yardage on the dive OC will run the ball all night. so he's going to have some big stats

What school(s) on their schedule do you think will be able to give Giles its hardest games. The schedule looks to be fairly safe.

Fri Aug. 21 at Cookeville

Fri Aug. 28 Lawrence Co.

Fri Sep. 4 Spring Hill D

Fri Sep. 11 Shelbyville

Fri Sep. 18 at Page D

Fri Oct. 2 Hickman Co. D

Fri Oct. 9 Fairview D

Fri Oct. 16 at Lewis Co. D

Fri Oct. 23 East Hickman D

Fri Oct. 30 at Marshall Co. D

They all possibly could on any given friday. It's usually the teams that get overlooked that come back to bite you. If Giles doesn't look ahead and stays focused on one game at a time they should win them all. I'm not sure about Cookeville, Shelbyville, Hickman, Fairview, Lewis or E. Hickman but Marshall usually gives them a hard game and its never nice when we play Page /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />. Lawrenceburg is usually tough just because it is a rivalry game for the cowbell, not sure what Spring Hill will do this year

Brown is done. He was described as a T.O. Randy Moss type attitude. Though he was good, he wont be missed by the coaches or players. Even if/when he tries to come back, he is done at G.C.

They've got some surprises in store as far as personnel coming in.

I agree about Houston. From what I understand about "conversation(s)" coach O and others had almost four years ago with the Wallace kids dad, they are going to do what is in the best interest of the team. Having said that, I look for the running game to supercede the passing game. Coach O is going to run the ball as long as it is doing the job. May pass to open the run up or maybe break the game but we are going to see more direct handoff action. But, then again, look at the backfield and recievers then the offensive line.

With the easy schedule this year, there wont be much need of throwing it around.

good post...couldnt have said it better myself /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

who are these surprises???

The cowbell will be the first test but Lawrenceburg is down again and will be down for some time. None-the-less, they are a much larger school but that game will give a sense of what's instore. Kinda the same for Shelbyville but the experience of playing before they get them will be a huge benefit. I'd say that Lewis County will be the sleeper of the group. They've had an awsome regular season record for ever but the competition they play is not what is usually found in the playoff. I look for Cookevill to either make or break the season. If they win over them and win handily, then they will have the confidence to run the table. If they lose, the outlook for the season will be completely different. If they don't have an easy win over them (and we are playing there) then it will be a little longer of a season.

Just my two cents.

Can't say just yet.

can't say cause you don't know? or cause you don't want to say?

The cowbell will be the first test but Lawrenceburg is down again and will be down for some time. None-the-less, they are a much larger school but that game will give a sense of what's instore. Kinda the same for Shelbyville but the experience of playing before they get them will be a huge benefit. I'd say that Lewis County will be the sleeper of the group. They've had an awsome regular season record for ever but the competition they play is not what is usually found in the playoff. I look for Cookevill to either make or break the season. If they win over them and win handily, then they will have the confidence to run the table. If they lose, the outlook for the season will be completely different. If they don't have an easy win over them (and we are playing there) then it will be a little longer of a season.

Just my two cents.

Can't say just yet.

Do not overlook Cookeville. Coach Joslin and his staff do an incredible job on the plateau. IMO, Giles may have overloaded their plate scheduling Cookeville. That is not a slap in the face to Giles because they are very good. But, Cookeville will be very sound and very deep at all positions. Their special teams will probably be the best that Giles will see all year. This game will definetely let Giles County know where thay stand. Win or lose, it will be a great game for Giles in preparing for a district run. Good luck to both teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />