Mcminn County

tribeguy02

I know that mcminn county is usually pretty impressive in most sports, but girls softball isnt one of them. On the bright side mcminn does have a girl who can hit ....and i mean hit it like a man. She is olivia vestal she has been snubbed from all district 3 years in a row, but this year i believe she will be the reason that the tribe get the wins that they do......not to mention they do have some others around her to make up a good supporting cast.

Hello Tribefan. Yes the Lady Cherokees have not always been the best at softball. And yes Olivia is a really good hitter and should have been on the all-district team the past 2 years. This year though doesn't seem to be about 1 player though. These girls are playing as a team and clicking on all cylinders right now. I have only seen 2 games but the two I have seen this team is one to reckon with. They can hit and they have a good pitcher in Britany Rogers. Their defense has improved tremendously the infield is like a steel curtain. B.M. at 3rd base has got a better arm than most boys. This team likes each other and is enjoying playing together. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

GO LADY CHEROKEES KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!

They had a good pitcher a couple of years ago. The tough thing about their district is the teams always had to go through Soddy, Ooltewah and occasionally Red Bank to advance. Next year they'll all be in the same district with Red Bank, Brainerd and Central dropping to AA.

no no im not saying its all about one player ... i think that they are a better team since they got rid of the players on the team that were spoiling it for all the others.....im glad to see that they care about it now and its not ab out just having fun and not making anyone mad, they actually care about winning. And when its all said and done a coach and a player are always known for wins and not for their effort

I understand what you are saying. I don't think that the coach has ever been worried about making people mad. I think that he has just not had a team like this and is learning how to win with them. McMinn County is not a hot bed for softball as you may well know so this team is probably alot different then what he has had in the past. I can tell though that everyone is loving it and the girls really seem to genuinly like each other and enjoy playing together. This is starting out to be a dream season for this team!!!!!!!!!!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I really believe softball is becoming a bigger event in this area than ever before.....finally our coummunity has something to watch and be happy with it. I think that the head there has finally surrounded himself with assistants that know what is going on and want to be there. GO TRIBE!!!!!!