Manassas vs Grace

adsmom86

Where are you sitting? I am on the north side on my laptop. I assume since you criticize this kid then you are in the gym watching?

No one has been critical of his game in any posts I have read the last few days, and I have read them all.

Yes i were sitting right behind the goal

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the best to Manassas, you were the better team. Both teams played hard and clean. It is impossible to debate with those fans who use the game to hide behind their own insecurities.ie "my player dunked on yours" type of mentality but my responce is to the high school kids who want to progress in their game. Manassas exploited the gifts that Buckner has.. getting past the Grace guards and shooting 5 foot jumpers at will. That is good strategy. The game was close into the 3rd quarter (6point difference) when Grace tried a full court press to swing the momentum back their way. Manassas broke the press and hit two BIG threes in a span of about 20 seconds to break Graces will..double digit lead. Sometimes you just have an off day, we all do, and grace's best scorer had 2 or maybe 4 points up until the fourth quarter where the rest of his points were meaningless cause the game was put away already. Grace, didnt do a good job protecting the ball and threw it away or had it taken away far too many times for them to win. When you look at Shaughnessy's game he scored 10 points essentially in the first quarter and then didnt get the ball passed to him at the block for the rest of the game. He had about 10 rebounds and 3 blocks. Because Manassas was able to penetrate into the lane he was often the lone defender against 2 or three players and without his speed in defending agaisnt multiple players the game would have been much uglier for Grace and alot earlier. Shaughnessy isnt being persued because he has already signed with D1 Charleston southern University during the early signing period. Outside of Buckner he was in my opinion the second most effective player out there. So again, Good luck to Manassas...lets enjoy this game whether we win or lose with class.

All the best to Manassas, you were the better team. Both teams played hard and clean. It is impossible to debate with those fans who use the game to hide behind their own insecurities.ie "my player dunked on yours" type of mentality but my responce is to the high school kids who want to progress in their game. Manassas exploited the gifts that Buckner has.. getting past the Grace guards and shooting 5 foot jumpers at will. That is good strategy. The game was close into the 3rd quarter (6point difference) when Grace tried a full court press to swing the momentum back their way. Manassas broke the press and hit two BIG threes in a span of about 20 seconds to break Graces will..double digit lead. Sometimes you just have an off day, we all do, and grace's best scorer had 2 or maybe 4 points up until the fourth quarter where the rest of his points were meaningless cause the game was put away already. Grace, didnt do a good job protecting the ball and threw it away or had it taken away far too many times for them to win. When you look at Shaughnessy's game he scored 10 points essentially in the first quarter and then didnt get the ball passed to him at the block for the rest of the game. He had about 10 rebounds and 3 blocks. Because Manassas was able to penetrate into the lane he was often the lone defender against 2 or three players and without his speed in defending agaisnt multiple players the game would have been much uglier for Grace and alot earlier. Shaughnessy isnt being persued because he has already signed with D1 Charleston southern University during the early signing period. Outside of Buckner he was in my opinion the second most effective player out there. So again, Good luck to Manassas...lets enjoy this game whether we win or lose with class.

Thank you Well he should have been the best player out there standing 6'9"

The final score (60-48) does not tell the story of the game at all! Manassas was the better team by much more than 12 points, more like 20. Both teams played hard, and I applaud Grace's efforts; they hustled for the whole game, even when they were trailing by as many as 22. They just didn't have an answer for Buckner, and I don't think anyone in the state does. What a ballplayer! He got to the rim at WILL. And with all of that talent, he was still extremely unselfish with the ball. Prob too unselfish, the kid could have scored 30. But congratulations to Manassas, and to Grace for a great season!

The final score (60-48) does not tell the story of the game at all! Manassas was the better team by much more than 12 points, more like 20. Both teams played hard, and I applaud Grace's efforts; they hustled for the whole game, even when they were trailing by as many as 22. They just didn't have an answer for Buckner, and I don't think anyone in the state does. What a ballplayer! He got to the rim at WILL. And with all of that talent, he was still extremely unselfish with the ball. Prob too unselfish, the kid could have scored 30. But congratulations to Manassas, and to Grace for a great season!

THANK YOU GRACE HAD A GOOD SEASON

That was a classy post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to Grace for a great season. You all became a team about halfway through the season and played some great basketball. Congrats especially to Hermann who, in my opinion, became more valuable to the team than ever by stepping up his defense and sacrificing his own points while making his teammates better. He should be a Mr. Basketball candidate next year. And congrats to Shaughnessy on a great season, and best wishes at CS. Finally, kudos to the coaching staff for a job well done. I expect ya'll to be back at state next year.