Who will coach Cleveland? Who are the new candidates?

auburn

That would be a great choice! Imagine the offensive show that might be with all the athletes at Cleveland. The competetion at that level would be some different that at Norte Dame.

What about the D Coordinator at Red Bank? There is a South Pitt connection in the CHS administration, too!

Yeah, the SP coach that you are referring to wouldn't be a good fit at cleveland. He, IMO, is a lot like Wayne Turner. He wins on supreme talent alone. Just think, they have 180 kids in their school and probably as many skill players than cleveland does, or at least many larger schools. It is easy to beat up on smaller rural county schools with no athletes , but Cleveland and who they play would be a totally different beast. Cleveland needs a coach who is a good motivator and a X and O guy.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This list that has been generated on here ... (in no particular order) ... Benny Monroe, Scotty Smith, Kenny Cobble, Doug Greene, Gary Rankin, Gary Partrick ... how many have applied and who has a chance? Rank the list.

forgot to add Steve Cochran, Walt Cameron, and someone from South Pitt to the list. Rank all these.

Well, I'll bring up another name. I don't know if he has applied , but definitely has Cleveland ties. That is Doug Greene, who played under Coach Monroe, coaches with him now as DC at Ooltewah. and his father was the long-time principal at CHS. Just another name added to the conversation.

How about Maynord and Chambers. Both coached with Rankin at Riverdale. Either one would be a great choice.

This list that has been generated on here ... (in no particular order) ... Benny Monroe, Scotty Smith, Kenny Cobble, Doug Greene, Gary Rankin, Gary Partrick ... how many have applied and who has a chance? Rank the list.

I don't see Cleveland getting Rankin, they missed out on that opportunity when they chose Wilson over him 4 years back.

The only names i have heard besides Rankin is the coach at Rhea and Red Bank.Two of the players started last year with other a back up.Hope we get someone in here that can change those kids mind and get Cleveland back to were we need to be playing in Dec.

by coach at Rhea you mean Fitzgerald or Cameron?