Who will coach Cleveland? Who are the new candidates?

auburn

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raider":5yphp6lt]

Ha....Rankin has been out of the mix for a while, and even then it was a very optimistic push. Not for sure who the middle TN coach is, but I've heard that they might push for Vic Grider, South Pitt's Head Coach. Rumors also have it that Charlie Cogdill, Cleveland's AD, announced that he was retiring today.

SET rivals site is reporting that the AD has retired and was planned before Wilson's resignation.

SET rivals site is reporting that the AD has retired and was planned before Wilson's resignation.

Yes, it was planned before Wilson's resignation. I've heard that Cogdill's wife is battling a disease, so I'm sure that is what led him to that decision. Cleveland's Principal, Chuck Rockholt, has plans to likely retire this year as well. For Cleveland it looks like next year will be a totally different picture with the administration and football program. If the right moves are made, I could see this being a very positive thing for the Blue Raiders especially after a year with less-than-stellar performances in their big sports.

Rumbling,Clevelandblue who do you guys think we should hire to get the program back to were it needs to be?

Someone with some toughness, that can install toughness into the players. I dont really know who the candiates are but I like Tom Weathers, Cameron from Eagleville, and even though they have been ruled out I'd like to see Coach Monroe, or Gary Rankin(wish we would have go one of them 4 years ago).

The coach from Rhea County is definately somebody that I've got interest in. I agree with clevelandblueraiderfan; Cleveland needs a coach that is tough and can teach discipline, one of the biggest dissapointments (especially last year) was that Cleveland had so much talent, but NO DISCIPLINE! I can remember several games with multiple Personal Fouls and so forth.....The Walker Valley game is the summary of Cleveland's discipline. They need a coach that can control all of his players and motivate them to succeed.

I hear the Soddy Coach is the guy. What do you know about him?

Good coach but like Cobble has had all the talent in the world over the last 6 or 7 years and should have a couple of state rings but for some reason just cant get it done.I am going with the guy from RHEA lets just hope the person doing the hiring for once makes the right choice.

Rumbling,Clevelandblue who do you guys think we should hire to get the program back to were it needs to be?

Raiderpride44 if what i heard today is true and the coaches from Rhea get the job combined with the talent you guys have that team will be very hard to deal with.So with that being said i hope the guy is right about the Soddy coach because we would like for ours to stay in Eagleville.