TSSAA Class A State Championship Game

MrTSSAA

Congrats Tigers!!!!!!!.....I recorded this game as well as the others today and I am going to watch them to see what all the fuss is about....just got home from a day and night /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> baseball tournament. Although I haven't seen what others are talking about with the techs, I realize there are differences of opinions on this matter but dang, is it really necessary to bash a 17-18 yr. old kid???????

Buckner deserved everything he got...I have seen this kid play 4 times and it's not isolated incidents...It's every time I have seen him play.....He's OK until an opposing player has the gall to get physical with him...He had taken a shot at the back of #54's head early in the game..The two techs were for swinging his arms at players and slamming the ball to the court on the last one...The kid had an eventful week don't you think??...I wonder how many of the people that voted for him for him for Mr Basketball wanted to take their vote back after the way he acted??..I'll tell you this...He acts that way against the players he will play against next season and he will come away from the game with his jaw wired shut because someone will break it for him with their elbow....He is an extremely gifted athlete but has a p_ _ _ poor attitude.....

As for the game....That was probably as pitiful a championship game as I have ever seen...I've been up there many, many times and I just don't remember a game being any worse....Temple should have just stayed home...I've never seen a team so out of sync...I don't know if it was intimidation or what....I'm sure if there were any Humboldt fans watching they were wondering why that Manasass team didn't show up last Wednesday...I have never seen a Temple team look so inept....

As for comparison for some folks in our area used to 14A action....I can say with confidence that had Union City or Lake County been in this tourney they would have been the 3rd best team there....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple, You just cant give credit where credit is due, you just slapped Humboldt in the face again. Instead of all the negative facts about Temple and Buckner, why not just say..... Humboldt is the second best team in the state as clearly everybody knows that, instead you want to say Manassas didnt show up on Wednesday. Sometimes you make alot of sense in your posts but sometimes I just cant figure you out.

Have a good day.

Purple, You just cant give credit where credit is due, you just slapped Humboldt in the face again. Instead of all the negative facts about Temple and Buckner, why not just say..... Humboldt is the second best team in the state as clearly everybody knows that, instead you want to say Manassas didnt show up on Wednesday. Sometimes you make alot of sense in your posts but sometimes I just cant figure you out.

Have a good day.

Had Manassas played like they did yesterday, Greenfield might have stayed within 10-15 points of them and that's saying something /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .....Did you not see what I posted???..I said had UC or LC been in it they would have been the 3rd best team in it....Maybe I should have said that Humboldt and Manassas were a good bit better than everyone else....Actually Humboldt and Manassas were HEADS AND SHOULDERS BETTER than anyone in the state tournament....

I didn't say Manassas played bad last Wednesday......I said I bet if there were any Humboldt fans watching the game yesterday they were wondering why that Manassas team didn't show up last Wednesday...Had Manassas played like they did yesterday last Wednesday, Humboldt would have blown Manassas out...

It's obvious Humboldt and Manassas were the two best teams in 1A this year....The championship game was played last Wednesday morning.....

Again, which is par for the course, you can't figure my post out because you didn't read it close enough.....

If you read your earlier post please point out the positives. I couldnt find any, it was all negative about Temple and all negative about Buckner. You didnt mention anything positive about Humboldt either unless it had a hidden message. Thats ok, everybody has to choose whether the glass is half full or half empty. I'm going to choose to dwell on the positives and not the negatives.

Congratulations to Humboldt on a fine season. You represented 14A well and had a fine team. Congratulations to Manassas, you won the Gold Ball and rightfully deserved it. I've been watching Temple for the last 10 years and have been impressed with their fans and their teams. When Greenfield played Temple in 2003 in the state championship, their was nothing but mutual respect between both teams and they were a classy bunch of guys and coaches. Between the Skoggens and Wadleys, Temple is now on the map of dynastys in boys basketball in my opinion. I've become good friends with your former Coach Wadley and have stayed in touch with him over the years.

If you read your earlier post please point out the positives. I couldnt find any, it was all negative about Temple and all negative about Buckner. You didnt mention anything positive about Humboldt either unless it had a hidden message. Thats ok, everybody has to choose whether the glass is half full or half empty. I'm going to choose to dwell on the positives and not the negatives.

Congratulations to Humboldt on a fine season. You represented 14A well and had a fine team. Congratulations to Manassas, you won the Gold Ball and rightfully deserved it. I've been watching Temple for the last 10 years and have been impressed with their fans and their teams. When Greenfield played Temple in 2003 in the state championship, their was nothing but mutual respect between both teams and they were a classy bunch of guys and coaches. Between the Skoggens and Wadleys, Temple is now on the map of dynastys in boys basketball in my opinion. I've become good friends with your former Coach Wadley and have stayed in touch with him over the years.

Well sir...I'm a realist...I see that the glass has water in it....

This thread was about the championship game not Humboldt so I didn't go into a report of the Vikings....

As for positives for Temple or Buckner in the CHAMPIONSHIP game yesterday???...There were none....Temple played awful and Buckner embarrassed himself and his school....

Buckner deserved both technicals he got. I saw him stare down the refs on several different occasions and then start laughing. Both technicals were for him swinging his arms at opposing players. Buckner is a GREAT talent, but his attitude and actions are what is going to hurt him at Ole Miss. I just hope he can stay there for 4 years instead of having to go JUCO by the time it's all said and done. Congrats to Manassas on the state championship. The champion winner was decided Wednesday at 10 AM. Humboldt would've went through those other 2 teams just like Manassas did. Once again, congrats Legend, MTiger, Coach Harris and the Manassas boys!!!

Thank you GC

Well, MTiger, I do not know you nor do you know me, but I can pretty well guess that you would have been the same type of aggressive player that Buckner was. I have watched tape of him all day and I gotta tell you, many times I probably would have T'd him up or actually tossed him for his aggressive bahavior. Shoving another player in the face does not cut it, slapping people, etc. Staring at officials is way over the line and I would definately T him up for that. I watched Kirk Haston play at Perry County for 4 years and not once did I see this type of action out of him. You can say whatever you want about me but I can tell you that I have officiated games here in Iowa this year involving one of the NATIONS BEST in Harrison Barnes. Not one time did he exhibit bad behavior. He was nothing but the utmost respectful player on the court at all times--even to the point of handing the ball directly to the officiating crew during play stoppages. Can not say the same fore your boy Buckner. Kid has alot of growing up to do. Oh, and by the way, your GREAT Manassas team wouldn't stay within 15 points of the BGA teams led by Seth Pettus of the early 90's, the Goodpasture team led by Drew Maddux and Ron Mercer during the same time, nor the PC teams from the 90's led by Haston and Chris Jones.

Well, MTiger, I do not know you nor do you know me, but I can pretty well guess that you would have been the same type of aggressive player that Buckner was. I have watched tape of him all day and I gotta tell you, many times I probably would have T'd him up or actually tossed him for his aggressive bahavior. Shoving another player in the face does not cut it, slapping people, etc. Staring at officials is way over the line and I would definately T him up for that. I watched Kirk Haston play at Perry County for 4 years and not once did I see this type of action out of him. You can say whatever you want about me but I can tell you that I have officiated games here in Iowa this year involving one of the NATIONS BEST in Harrison Barnes. Not one time did he exhibit bad behavior. He was nothing but the utmost respectful player on the court at all times--even to the point of handing the ball directly to the officiating crew during play stoppages. Can not say the same fore your boy Buckner. Kid has alot of growing up to do. Oh, and by the way, your GREAT Manassas team wouldn't stay within 15 points of the BGA teams led by Seth Pettus of the early 90's, the Goodpasture team led by Drew Maddux and Ron Mercer during the same time, nor the PC teams from the 90's led by Haston and Chris Jones.

Look whoever you are. Who do you hear talking about a team from the 90's? This is 2009 and my BOY Reginald Buckner is sign and set to be a Rebel next year. One more than this is not Iowa. Another thing every kid is different look at your kids are they all the same? Thats what i thought

I will not make it personal with you MTiger, but you are the one crowing about this kid Buckner. All I am saying is he has alot of maturing to do before he gets blown up in the SEC for his agressive attitude. Its too bad that Chism won't be around next year to school him about physical play. All I was saying about the teams that stick out in my mind is that todays teams don't have the same quality nor are they as FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND.

I will not make it personal with you MTiger, but you are the one crowing about this kid Buckner. All I am saying is he has alot of maturing to do before he gets blown up in the SEC for his agressive attitude. Its too bad that Chism won't be around next year to school him about physical play. All I was saying about the teams that stick out in my mind is that todays teams don't have the same quality nor are they as FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND.

Chism is what three or four yrs older correct? So that means that he has mature correct? Get up off of Mr. Buckner and find somebody that you know about to blast.

Buckner is a talented fundamentally sound basketball player. He is the 30th ranked player in his class. Some of the people you're comparing Buckner to was not ranked that high. Unfortunately, kids will make mistakes. It is all apart of growing up.

FYI---I can compare him to Harrison Barnes. Barnes is a junior at Ames High and is ranked as #1 recruit NATIONALLY in his class. He had ten times the maturity level as does Buckner. I am sorry if that offends you, just stating the obvious. i ALSO SAID THAT i WASN'T BASHING ON HIM. I watched tape of him all day today and as an official I can tell you that many many times I would have either tossed him or T'd him up for his actions. I can say this because I am an official. I never o9nce said he was a bad kid--he may be a great person off the court, just seems to me that he lacks some maturity, thats all.