Dixie Duals Team Tenn results

jseneca1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Tenn defeats Alabama Select team in round 3

Team Tennessee wrestled extremely well today! Unfortunately, losing to Alabama Red 29 Team Tennessee 26. In part on some very questionable calls by the official in Watson's and Ridenour's matches. Watson losing 9-6 to Tyler Moon and Ridenour losing 8-1 to Countryman, a 5X State Champion.

Watson's match should have gone to OT but the official awarded a takedown to Moon on a no-control call and then awarded Watson a reversal making the score 8-6 as opposed to 6 to 6. Countryman was awarded 3 points nearfall on what was clearly not a nearfall.

I know I sound like I'm making excuses. However, it simply didn't look right to have the brother of the Alabama Coach officiating the dual. Whether the missed calls were done intentionally or unintentionally, perception was that the official was being bias.

Individual Results and Team Results

Tennessee 78 Louisiana 0

Tennessee 61 Georgia Blue 3

Tennessee 69 Alabama Select 6

Tennessee 26 Alabama Red 29

Calloway 3-0

Crutcher 1-1

Watson 3-1

Biddy 4-0 Pinned AL State Champion

Pitts 2-0

Lopez 4-0

Lewis 4-0 Pinned 2x AL State Champion

Herron 3-1

Seneca 4-0

Aguilar 3-1

Ridenour 1-1

Taylor 2-2

Dusevic 3-1

Kennedy 4-0

Whorley 4-1

Peters 4-0

Tennessee 78 Louisiana 0

Quarter Finals

Tennessee 41 LA Black 20

Semi Finals

Tennessee 36 Florida 20

Finals

Tennessee -- Alabama Red --

Final Individual Results

Calloway 3-1

Crutcher 2-1

Watson 3-1

Biddy 6-0 Pinned AL State Champion

Pitts 2-2

Lopez 5-1

Lewis 5-0 Pinned 2x AL State Champion

Herron 5-1

Seneca 5-1

Aguilar 5-1

Ridenour 2-1

Taylor 2-2

Dusevic 4-2

Kennedy 6-0

Whorley 5-1

Peters 6-0

It was a good weekend of wrestling for Team TN. I'd like to thank Shawn and Josh for putting together and coaching a very good Tennessee Team.

Tennessee 78 Louisiana 0

Quarter Finals

Tennessee 41 LA Black 20

Semi Finals

Tennessee 36 Florida 20

Finals

Tennessee -- Alabama Red --

Final Individual Results

Calloway 3-1

Crutcher 2-1

Watson 3-1

Biddy 6-0 Pinned AL State Champion

Pitts 2-2

Lopez 5-1

Lewis 5-0 Pinned 2x AL State Champion

Herron 5-1

Seneca 5-1

Aguilar 5-1

Ridenour 2-1

Taylor 2-2

Dusevic 4-2

Kennedy 6-0

Whorley 5-1

Peters 6-0

It was a good weekend of wrestling for Team TN. I'd like to thank Shawn and Josh for putting together and coaching a very good Tennessee Team.

I was/am very proud of our team. TN was represented well!!!!!. I also want to thank Shawn Cordell and Josh Bosken. The team was well coached and physically/mentally up for the task. I had an opportunity to interface with most of these young men over the past few weeks and I have to say they are outstanding young men.

I was/am very proud of our team. TN was represented well!!!!!. I also want to thank Shawn Cordell and Josh Bosken. The team was well coached and physically/mentally up for the task. I had an opportunity to interface with most of these young men over the past few weeks and I have to say they are outstanding young men.

I agree!!! Tennessee was represented very well by our State Champions and State Placers but most importantly by a group of outstanding young men!

how did they do in the finals against alabama red??

Unfortunately, we didn't wrestle the finals. At the conclusion of the Semi-Finals match against Florida the coaches wanted to start the Championship Dual. Alabama declined as the dual was set for 3pm. Mind you it was 12:30 and there were 2 open mats. After declining the invite to start the dual early the entire Alabama Red Team went home. Team TN elected to leave and from there I'm not certain if Florida wrestled in our place.

It made no sense to wait 2.5 hours to wrestle especially when there were two open mats and ppl having to travel a minimum of 3 hours to get home.

• 2 weeks later...

Wakeup Calloway. If Moon wasn't awarded the 2 point takedown, then Watson wouldn't have had opportunity for a 2 point reverse, right. The the score would have remained the same, not putting the match into overtime as you suggested.

No you wake up! However, I'll entertain your post.

The score was 6 - 4 with Moon leading by 2 points in the 3rd period. Zach and Moon were neutral at this point. The official awarded Moon 2 points for what was clearly not a takedown as there was NO control established (Score 8- 4 ) and within 3-5 seconds awarded Zach a reversal (Score 8 - 6). The official had clearly made an error and instead of waving off the 2 point takedown to Moon he allowed the points to stand.

At this point the score was 8 - 6 with Moon still leading by 2 points. Had the official, brother to the Alabama coach, made the proper call based on the case book/ NFHS rules defining a takedown. By the way which I happen to be very familiar with, then the score would have ended 6 - 6 at the end of the 3rd period forcing an OT. There was no control established which is a criteria that has to be met in order to award a takedown.

No you wake up! However, I'll entertain your post.

The score was 6 - 4 with Moon leading by 2 points in the 3rd period. Zach and Moon were neutral at this point. The official awarded Moon 2 points for what was clearly not a takedown as there was NO control established (Score 8- 4 ) and within 3-5 seconds awarded Zach a reversal (Score 8 - 6). The official had clearly made an error and instead of waving off the 2 point takedown to Moon he allowed the points to stand.

At this point the score was 8 - 6 with Moon still leading by 2 points. Had the official, brother to the Alabama coach, made the proper call based on the case book/ NFHS rules defining a takedown. By the way which I happen to be very familiar with, then the score would have ended 6 - 6 at the end of the 3rd period forcing an OT. There was no control established which is a criteria that has to be met in order to award a takedown.

Once again Calloway, how would Watson have scored the 2 points to make it 6 to 6? You are taking away Moon's two point takedown, but keeping Watson's reversal points. So once again, wake up. Without the takedown, there's no reverse. Does that just not register with you. To make it 6 to 6, Watson has to come up with a takedown of his own.

Once again Calloway, how would Watson have scored the 2 points to make it 6 to 6? You are taking away Moon's two point takedown, but keeping Watson's reversal points. So once again, wake up. Without the takedown, there's no reverse. Does that just not register with you. To make it 6 to 6, Watson has to come up with a takedown of his own.

buddy thank about what your saying before you start blasting somebody, the reversal signals a change in control. if watson got the reversal points that means he gained control. if there was no take down called, then watson gained control that would be a takedown and not a reversal, making the score 6-6