Fulton High School

Turtle

I want to be the first to say Congratulations to the Fulton Falcons on winning this year's State Championship. I truly didn't think you all had what it takes to be able to host the GOLD BALL but you did. So I say Congratulations. Now I have to listen to it again How AE didn't win it all... Well, I put it this way, AE will get them one sometime soon!!!

To the returning players next year at Fulton and Coach Jody Wright, LEARN HOW TO BREAK A FULL COURT PRESS!!!!

Aight well, to Formysister, TAdVOLS, Fultongrad; Congratulations...Maybe basketball is the turning point because Ol Buck ain't doing so well on the field.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Let's GO AE!

Its Funny how Jalen Steele stoled a page from Tim Tebow and they both won a Championship with that saying..... MANE DANG!!!

Well, Well, Well, Turtle! This is getting to be a habit! You don't need to worry about "Ol Buck" and the rest of the Coaches...they got it! I really appreciate your CONGRATS for the Back-to-Back State Champs! I am surprised you are not hiding in your shell Turtle! Well, you still have the baseball program this year!

Congratulations to The Fulton Falcons! WE are so proud of you! I have to give it to BTW for not giving up...what a great comeback! I was glad to see my Falcons hang on! WAY TO GO FALCONS!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to these guys!! I grew up with Jody and know a couple of the coaches. My son plays AAU with a couple of the players. They are all class people. A team will take on their coaches personality, this is why they are successful. Good Job Jody and to the coaches and kids that work so hard for one goal.

It also makes me happy knowing we gave you a great game in the region, and lost to the state CHAMPS.

Well, Well, Well, Turtle! This is getting to be a habit! You don't need to worry about "Ol Buck" and the rest of the Coaches...they got it! I really appreciate your CONGRATS for the Back-to-Back State Champs! I am surprised you are not hiding in your shell Turtle! Well, you still have the baseball program this year!

Congratulations to The Fulton Falcons! WE are so proud of you! I have to give it to BTW for not giving up...what a great comeback! I was glad to see my Falcons hang on! WAY TO GO FALCONS!

I knew you would come out sooner or later.. I mean you were very quiet throughout the season then you showed up after the championship game, what's up with that? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I can't hide in my shell for the basketball squad, I dig basketball more then football. I had family members and former players who plays for or played for Jody so I gotta give them their props. Secondly, when the BOSS(LGC) called me on the phone and said, " You know that maroon is starting to rub off on you now!" I had to get on here and say a little something bad as well as positive but I told him HECK NAH!!! LOL But I give it to you, if you can beat 3 straight Memphis teams you deserve to win the championship...

Congratulations to Fulton for winning the state championship again. I was there as an observer. My son and I like to come to the championships each year. I really thought you guys did well but you really struggled with the press and was surprised that BTW didn't go to it sooner. Anyway, you held on and congrats and I hope that Steele goes to UT. Reminds me of an old vol. Chris Lofton.

Fulton is very lucky that BTW didn't press them the entire game.....They (BTW) score 21 points through three quarters and score 35-36 in the 4th qtr alone??...

Fulton has a real good team though....Steele is very smooth and Boyd is real good at driving and finishing around the basket....I was impressed again with James Gallman.....

I like #24 McGhaughey's game for BTW....He suffers from the same problem as Buckner from Manasass though..He has a bad attitude....I will say after he got his cage rattled by Reggie Garrett early in the game he settled down some....

What a comeback by BTW though....You have to tip your hat to them for making a game of it...They didn't quit and was just another turnover or missed free throw from coming all the way back....I don't think BTW ever led in the game...After 7 qtrs of pretty bad basketball on Saturday, BTW finally woke me up enough to be interested in a game with that rally....Credit Fulton for hitting those last free throws in a row...The Falcons were going to get beat had they not hit those....

Congrats on those Back-to Back State Titles.....

If you wanna do the luck thing then BTW is lucky fulton didnt blow them the gym when they had that big lead! lol just say congrats to Fulton for another state title.

Jody Wright the best of the best in coaching with out a doubt

I wish Grace (knoxville grace) and Bearden would have won the state then all three gold balls couldve been in knoxville this year lol

Jody Wright the best of the best in coaching with out a doubt

I wish Grace (knoxville grace) and Bearden would have won the state then all three gold balls couldve been in knoxville this year lol

I disagree with these two things /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

1. I give it to Coach Wright, he's the best DEFENSIVE coach around...No one will argue with that

2. I wished Grace would've won it all but Bearden they were to cocky this year... They'll get them one but sorry I wasn't liking their chances this year... Neither was I liking Fulton's but look what happen...

Yes the Fulton Falcons did bring home the gold again!!!

GO FALCONS!

They deserve it more than any other team in Tennessee for their hard work and commitment.

I totally agree with the poster who said that if Austin East had Jody Wright for a coach there would be no question to who would have won the state. Wright is a class act and is the best coach in East Tennessee if not Tennessee in general. He has class and his team respects him unlike the boys at Austin East. Stealing from Marshals and still playing, quitting numerous times and being back on the team the next day, breaking windows, ect.....that wouldn't fly at Fulton because unlike Mitchell, Wright has discipline and respect from his team. Thats the only reason Pryor isn't at Fulton. He tried it and didn't like how things went so he decided to go somewhere where he can run the show....Austin East. Their program is a joke. If Mitchell could actually get ahold of that team there should be no question to whether or not they are state champs year in and year out. Wright takes moderate talent and turns them into champions and Mitchell takes great talent and they sit at the house. And I agree also with those who wished Grace would have come home winners too. They have a good team and its a good bunch of kids. Bearden on the other hand got what they deserved. They think they are just something else....but everything changes down there. You have to be mentally tough, not just big and good. They are a cocky bunch and if the rumors are true that their coach didn't even bother to get tape on the other teams and already had their rings designed, then it serves him right to go down there and get embarrassed in the first round. He's another one that will never be half the coach Jody Wright is. He is arrogant and so is his team. Being humble and hungry is a must at the state tournament level. They just thought they could go in and show everyone up. Hate it for ya Bearden. The Falcons will be ready for you guys next year....yall were practice for the real thing this year. Too bad you boys came down and choked!

All that being said once again the Falcons proved that they are THE BEST. I'm proud to say I'm a Falcon!!

STATE CHAMPS BACK TO BACK!!!!!

Yes the Fulton Falcons did bring home the gold again!!!

GO FALCONS!

They deserve it more than any other team in Tennessee for their hard work and commitment.

I totally agree with the poster who said that if Austin East had Jody Wright for a coach there would be no question to who would have won the state. Wright is a class act and is the best coach in East Tennessee if not Tennessee in general. He has class and his team respects him unlike the boys at Austin East. Stealing from Marshals and still playing, quitting numerous times and being back on the team the next day, breaking windows, ect.....that wouldn't fly at Fulton because unlike Mitchell, Wright has discipline and respect from his team. Thats the only reason Pryor isn't at Fulton. He tried it and didn't like how things went so he decided to go somewhere where he can run the show....Austin East. Their program is a joke. If Mitchell could actually get ahold of that team there should be no question to whether or not they are state champs year in and year out. Wright takes moderate talent and turns them into champions and Mitchell takes great talent and they sit at the house. And I agree also with those who wished Grace would have come home winners too. They have a good team and its a good bunch of kids. Bearden on the other hand got what they deserved. They think they are just something else....but everything changes down there. You have to be mentally tough, not just big and good. They are a cocky bunch and if the rumors are true that their coach didn't even bother to get tape on the other teams and already had their rings designed, then it serves him right to go down there and get embarrassed in the first round. He's another one that will never be half the coach Jody Wright is. He is arrogant and so is his team. Being humble and hungry is a must at the state tournament level. They just thought they could go in and show everyone up. Hate it for ya Bearden. The Falcons will be ready for you guys next year....yall were practice for the real thing this year. Too bad you boys came down and choked!

All that being said once again the Falcons proved that they are THE BEST. I'm proud to say I'm a Falcon!!

STATE CHAMPS BACK TO BACK!!!!!

WOW mane, W T H!!! Ok, you're just coming out the blue and talking all this stuff about how "great" Fulton and Jody Wright is.. I mean, dang you all have how many Gold Balls since Jody Wright has been at Fulton 2, let me say that again only 2!!!! Good Lord, I would see if you all had 10 or 12 of them. Gosh!! Come down off that cloud you're on.

Ok, why are you blasting Mitchell like you know him or something. I mean, Mitchell is beating Wright in Head to Head Battles so saying Jody is the much better coach then Mitchell is a little wishy washy. Come on on now, If Mitchell had some GOLD BALLS I'm pretty sure you all wouldn't be talking about him like the way you all are doing.

And quitting the team and being allowed to come back, well its like this, its called a 2nd chance do you believe in 2nd chances? You know like most of the Fulton players who were kicked off the teams over at Fulton that went on to other schools and had spectacular years. Come on now.. Its called 2nd chances!! I'm starting wish BTW would've pressed the whole 2nd half now all you Fulton peeps are starting to be cocky just like the Puppies over at Bearden. Oh by the way, I know several incidents where some Fulton players were kicked off the team and allowed back on.. Also, you all had some players that were caught stealing on a AAU trip a couple years ago..And they were allowed to dress and play.. WOW, AE players had to sit the whole game Fulton players PLAYED!! Don't say it didn't happen on School grounds or while School was in... because neither did the AE incident occur on School grounds or while school was in session. Need I say more.. DOn't just get on here and stat the things people at AE has done because Fulton is just as guilty..

I gave Fulton their props but for some reason you FUlton fans aren't liking the props this AE fan is showing... Come on now, right now you should be accepting your props and sitting back and enjoying the ride not getting on here blasting my Roadrunners and their coach..

WOW mane, W T H!!! Ok, you're just coming out the blue and talking all this stuff about how "great" Fulton and Jody Wright is.. I mean, dang you all have how many Gold Balls since Jody Wright has been at Fulton 2, let me say that again only 2!!!! Good Lord, I would see if you all had 10 or 12 of them. Gosh!! Come down off that cloud you're on.

Ok, why are you blasting Mitchell like you know him or something. I mean, Mitchell is beating Wright in Head to Head Battles so saying Jody is the much better coach then Mitchell is a little wishy washy. Come on on now, If Mitchell had some GOLD BALLS I'm pretty sure you all wouldn't be talking about him like the way you all are doing.

And quitting the team and being allowed to come back, well its like this, its called a 2nd chance do you believe in 2nd chances? You know like most of the Fulton players who were kicked off the teams over at Fulton that went on to other schools and had spectacular years. Come on now.. Its called 2nd chances!! I'm starting wish BTW would've pressed the whole 2nd half now all you Fulton peeps are starting to be cocky just like the Puppies over at Bearden. Oh by the way, I know several incidents where some Fulton players were kicked off the team and allowed back on.. Also, you all had some players that were caught stealing on a AAU trip a couple years ago..And they were allowed to dress and play.. WOW, AE players had to sit the whole game Fulton players PLAYED!! Don't say it didn't happen on School grounds or while School was in... because neither did the AE incident occur on School grounds or while school was in session. Need I say more.. DOn't just get on here and stat the things people at AE has done because Fulton is just as guilty..

I gave Fulton their props but for some reason you FUlton fans aren't liking the props this AE fan is showing... Come on now, right now you should be accepting your props and sitting back and enjoying the ride not getting on here blasting my Roadrunners and their coach..

First off if we are gonna sit and count the times Pryor has been let back on the team we would be way past 2nd chances. I know for a fact that he was in trouble AT SCHOOL for breaking out some girls window in the SCHOOL PARKING LOT.....supspended for a week and playing the next day. That's discipline. NOT. And I would like you to name all these so called "instances" that someone at Fulton has quit and been let back on the team because I can bet you practically everything in your pocket that your wrong. I have been watching Fulton basketball for 19 years now and have only seen it been given as an OPTION once because of other circumstances and even then it didn't end up happening so please do elaborate on that. And since when did AAU count for anything? Coach Wright has no control over who plays what in in AAU. Too bad that didn't make the news anyway unlike the whole Marshal's incident. Just goes to show you that anything goes at Austin East. Downtown had to step in and keep them from letting those boys play football. Thats just telling those kids that their actions were ok. I'm a Fulton graduate and I am completely embarrassed to ever be compared to Austin East. Second off the "props" you gave were accepted, and I'll give it to you that an AE fan ever complimenting the Falcons does take some guts but do you honestly think we are dumb enough to actually believe it? Everyone, including you Turtle, would have loved to see Fulton go to the State and lose. But you know....thats fine. Because even if the Falcons would have went and lost they still have their pride of being a great program backed with strong morals. But in the end the best team will win. And not to say that AE doesn't have a good team, because they do, there is just a big difference in how things are run at these two schools.

GO FALCONS!