MTSCA TOURNAMENT SILVER

lovemykids

MJ lost 8 seniors from last season's team, 7 of which signed college scholarships. they are starting 5 freshmen and there are 10 freshmen on the team along with 2 seniors, 2 juniors, 3 sophomores. only 1 pitcher returned from last year's team and she only pitched in about 6-8 games. can there be another team in the state that is this young? what they have done so far is a testament of coach pedigo's ability!

Greenbrier lost a senior pitcher (for some unknown reason) that was just coming into her own, and now start a freshman in the circle and at 3rd, sophomores at 1st, catcher and RF, juniors at CF, SS and 2nd and a senior in LF.

I'm surprised MJ played 'silver,' too, but they'll be back soon enough, pickin' on 'gold' teams again.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all I thought it was a very good tournament and all the teams played their hearts out. I doubt you'd see MJ in the Silver again next year, their pitchers looked good and getting stronger. Goins threw well until bruising her hand and Haliburton had a strong showing against Knox Central, a 2-1 nail biter. If not for a huge 2 run shot in the first inning by Montgomery Centra,l Haliburton threw a near perfect game. MJ also had a Freshman throw 2 shutouts and picked up 3 wins through pool play. The defense is tight and the bats are coming along.They can only get stronger...

All in all I thought it was a very good tournament and all the teams played their hearts out. I doubt you'd see MJ in the Silver again next year, their pitchers looked good and getting stronger. Goins threw well until bruising her hand and Haliburton had a strong showing against Knox Central, a 2-1 nail biter. If not for a huge 2 run shot in the first inning by Montgomery Centra,l Haliburton threw a near perfect game. MJ also had a Freshman throw 2 shutouts and picked up 3 wins through pool play. The defense is tight and the bats are coming along.They can only get stronger...

I DON'T THINK MJ SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE SILVER. WATERTOWN A GREAT TOURNEY AND THE REWARD THEY GOT WHEN THEY MADE IT SO FAR WAS TO PLAY A SCHOOL LIKE MJ. WE STILL HAD A GREAT WEEKEND AND MADE ALL THE SINGLE A TEAMS PROUD.