Former Lebanon standout R. Shockley dies

Eddie

Former Lebanon High standout Raymone Shockley passed away Sunday of natural causes. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time. Shockley played wide receiver and defensive back for the Blue Devils in 1987 and 1988 during the first two seasons of Mark Medley's coaching tenure. He once caught four TD passes vs. White County. Coached for a few years in Rutherford County. Great guy and outstanding teammate. LHS Class of '89. RIP No. 7.

How sad. I remember seeing him play against Oakland . Very athletic guy with great hands and very quick. He burned us a couple of times. Didn't he play college ball somewhere , Eddie? Maybe at Tech?

I know he coached at Blackman , and didn't he also coach at Lebanon or did I get him mixed up with someone else that used to play there? My mind isn't as sharp as it used to be. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Prayers to his family and to the Lebanon folk.

Great guy. Coached with Shock for three years and he knew football well. The kids responded well to him. He help keep things interesting and was always fun to be around. I wish his family well.

Grooms--get in touch with me about arrangements. I called earlier and someone had found your phone (478-3813).

Raymone played for a couple of seasons at MTSU under Boots, then went on and graduated with a degree in criminal justice. Taught CJ at Lebanon for a few years at Lebanon and coached under Ron Marshall. Was working at Hickory Hollow Sears as head of loss prevention and volunteer assistant at LaVergne. I believe he did coach for a season or two at Blackman.

His brother, Demond Stone, played at Tenn Tech and was a standout receiver. J.C. Hellum Funeral Home in Lebanon will be handling arrangements.

2priceless -- Raymone caught three TD passes vs. Oakland in the '87 or '88 game. Lebanon vs. Oakland was always something special.

Great High School football player. A better person.Most have had the great game agaist Murfreesboro Oakland in 87.The score in 88 was 11-3 if I remember correctly.Coach Alsup had us ALL over him that night.He had alot of balls,but not for big yards.That was the night McAdoo,Mitchell, and Riggs put on a show.Lebanon was #1 in the state.Oakland was beat the week before by Lincoln Co. 19-0 to lose # 1.MTSU WAS FULL THAT night.He was a fine person.God bless his family.

Great High School football player. A better person.Most have had the great game agaist Murfreesboro Oakland in 87.The score in 88 was 11-3 if I remember correctly.Coach Alsup had us ALL over him that night.He had alot of balls,but not for big yards.That was the night McAdoo,Mitchell, and Riggs put on a show.Lebanon was #1 in the state.Oakland was beat the week before by Lincoln Co. 19-0 to lose # 1.MTSU WAS FULL THAT night.He was a fine person.God bless his family.

one of the best ever too put on a blue devil jersey hands down, he was my best friend.i had just talked too him on that friday,shock will be missed. a true class person.