sunglasses?

Mi Kees

I have began to notice that several high schools fields run east to west and the sun for those 5:30 or 6 o'clock games are brutal on the outfielders. What kind of sunglasses work best for high school play and are there any rules about their use. Thanks for the info /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I have began to notice that several high schools fields run east to west and the sun for those 5:30 or 6 o'clock games are brutal on the outfielders. What kind of sunglasses work best for high school play and are there any rules about their use. Thanks for the info /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

oakley m frame strike polarized are about the best sunglasses you can get for baseball. little expensive but good

• 3 months later...

Dude the best ones i ever wore were the ones you wear on your face...great ones /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As another posted said Oakley are top flite. Any sunglasses worn on the field must have a stamp or seal that shows they are shatter resistant or the umpire can/should have the glasses removed. Most of the cheap sunglasses do not meet the standard.

As another posted said Oakley are top flite. Any sunglasses worn on the field must have a stamp or seal that shows they are shatter resistant or the umpire can/should have the glasses removed. Most of the cheap sunglasses do not meet the standard.

Uhh, no.

This falls under the question, "Coach, are you players all legally and properly equipped?", asked at the start of each game.

How about the ones that the players wear on the back of the head upside down and never put them on their face on a cloudy day. Nothing but a fashion statement so that the kid looks good in his mind. In fact, they don't use them on a sunny day. Got to look kewl.

Oakley's 1 positive is they are trendy, and their polarization is actually just a film on the lenses. Their warranty is a lame 1 year.

I personally like Wiley X they are sunglasses made by the same manufacturer the military uses. They actually have true polarized lenses not the film type. They also have a lifetime warranty that if you break them from abuse they will replace them for $15 and $5 if they break from their defects. They also are approved for the shatter proof stuff. Some even come with clip in foam inserts to cut-out wind and sand from blowing in the side areas. They are pretty sweet. Slightly cheaper then polarized glasses from Oakley.

Does anyone still manufacture the old style flip down sunglasses? They had an elastic strap to hold them to your head and went under the bill of your cap. Had the big ugly nose piece.

Have seen some recently in baseball equipment catalogs and J Macs Sporting Goods in Metro St. Louis. Maybe in Sports Authority stores. Not sure.