Cloudland ROLLS 60-6

landersrule

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to play Cloudland schedule. Cloudland is a good team, but the other teams in that area are just awful. I admit Cloudland got S. Pitt last year, but I think alot of people from Cloudland think that is as good as it gets for South Pittsburg. Honestly S.P. and Cloudland team from last year could not stay within 50 of the teams S.P had in 93,94,95,98,99. Im not being smart im just stating facts. We will be at that level again it just takes a few years to get back to that level.

Posted by piratecountry:

I agree with you...the fans at Cloudland are classless....yes they beat South Pittsburg last year and we can take that, but the drunks in the end zone screaming obscene gestures at the opposing teams on the field needs to be addressed....you'll see us again Cloudland.

Pirate,

I never said the fans were classless, in fact the majority were very nice to us. However, there were a few, as there are in any crowd, that gave a black eye to most. Don't confuse my anger at their ignorance with a general indictment of the school or of the fans and players. I went in fully expecting to lose the game; Cloudland has a great program. I just didn't need the comments of a very few when watching my son play his best and getting beaten 53-0 at that point.

To all: if you are sitting around someone who makes a derogatory remark about either team, tell them that such is not acceptable. All I had to do was to look at the guy Friday nite and he shut up. Don't let them think it is going to be tolerated. Remember.... sportsmanship is the name of the game. ;)

Come on, for one think, We don't think Private schools cheat. it is the system that is unfair. If we tried to recruit players up here from everywere, TSSAA would be down our backs in a heart beat. Our boys where born and bread in this land and we are proud of it. As far as the additude I have seen alot of fans come to Roan Mountain from other schools talking trash I see a few of you doing it now. So don't throw stones at glass houses. There may be a few on both sides, but that is the worst of them.

Dear Piratecountry,

Well well well, here we go again. It seems you South Pittsburg people just can't get over the charisma and loyalty of the Dawgpound (aka the cheering section at the goalpost at Cloudland). Funny thing to me I never heard a racial slur, and I was in the middle of the pack the whole time. And for your information, we were not drunk. We encouraged both teams, and I feel like this is just something for you to complain about because you don't have anything nice to say. Give me a break. It was one of the best rivalries I think we have ever had, and I look forward to playing your team again. Hopefully, we will both make it to the playoffs, because it is time for a little public school to win that title.

[Edited by Goldy on 9-9-02 4:30P]

arhp52,

I am glad you had a good experience in this little town of Roan Mountain before the game. By the time we played South Pittsburg, most neighboring teams including those from North Carolina, had already ended their season. There was a great turn-out from those neighboring schools, and I would like to think not all those "bad fans" were from Cloudland. As I have stated before, the Dawgpound is a highly distinguished bunch of Cloudland fans who truly love football games and Highlanders!!!