District play

catchandthrow

I had heard that in district play that the 2nd game against a team in your district is the one that counts.

So if you lose the 1st game against a team but win the 2nd then it's not a split but you are the winner. Is this true?

Each district sets their own by-laws but I can't see a district making a game 'not count'.

Does anyone know about the Chattanooga area?

I do know that in 5A, last year our team had won every district game except one. We had won the first game against this team but lost the 2nd game. That team won all of their other district games too. We had idenitical district records except they had won the 2nd game and us the 1st. They were district champs. We ended up winning the tourny but was 2nd seed going into it. You play everyone in your district twice, but I don't know why if it comes down to a tie that the 2nd game determines the winner. I guess it is the same way this year. Maybe someone out there could enlighten us.

I do know that in 5A, last year our team had won every district game except one. We had won the first game against this team but lost the 2nd game. That team won all of their other district games too. We had idenitical district records except they had won the 2nd game and us the 1st. They were district champs. We ended up winning the tourny but was 2nd seed going into it. You play everyone in your district twice, but I don't know why if it comes down to a tie that the 2nd game determines the winner. I guess it is the same way this year. Maybe someone out there could enlighten us.

This sounds odd, but a district can set up tiebreakers, etc how they want. If this is the case, it's not that the first game doesn't count, but they are saying if teams are tied, the team that won the second meeting gets the tiebreaker and the #1 seed.