How will Polk look this upcoming season?

Coach J

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Polk fair? Did they lose many? I know they will have a huge test for starters having to go to Bradley and get a whoopin right off the bat. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think Polk lost a few seniors, but had young aggressive players in key roles last year. I know of several sophmores who led the team in offense and defense in several games. The team also had some great juniors. I look for this team to be very focused and ready to compete at any level. I wouldn't predict a butt whoopin just yet. Can't wait till football season, should be a great season. GO POLK!

thats funny bradley already talking trash. polk lost to key players in taylor and jackson but they had a lot of younger players that stepped up and will be ready for this seaon. how many did bradley win last year? Not starting anything just making a point polk has had a winning season since 2001 so 8 years and making the playoffs all 8. polk has a lot of good talent and i think they will do great this year and i like how we got tougher teams to get them ready for the playoffs. in polks district it will be between polk and central both teams are going to want to prove that the playoff lost they both had last year was i fluke. i'm ready for the bradley game because polk will get the respect they deserve they come after you play after play and hit hard the whole game and they are a displine team and they are coach very well. GO WILDCATS!

thats funny bradley already talking trash. polk lost to key players in taylor and jackson but they had a lot of younger players that stepped up and will be ready for this seaon. how many did bradley win last year? Not starting anything just making a point polk has had a winning season since 2001 so 8 years and making the playoffs all 8. polk has a lot of good talent and i think they will do great this year and i like how we got tougher teams to get them ready for the playoffs. in polks district it will be between polk and central both teams are going to want to prove that the playoff lost they both had last year was i fluke. i'm ready for the bradley game because polk will get the respect they deserve they come after you play after play and hit hard the whole game and they are a displine team and they are coach very well. GO WILDCATS!

Are you seriously going to compare Polks record vs Bradleys record? Polk plays in "Region 0 for the playoffs" the last 4 years. Polk would not make the playoffs in Bradleys region. The dropoff from 3A to 5A talent is a huge difference. If Polk lined up against the likes off Ootlewah, Farragut, McMinn and the rest of the region they would'nt have a winning season, period. When was the last time Polk won a region title, in possibly the weakest region in the state? When was the last time Polk won a playoff game? How many teams did you play that had a .500 record? Let me quess, 2. I was a the Central game last year, Polk better be glad it rained or it would have been worse than it was. Your team is not as talented as you would like to believe, small and slow.

Are you seriously going to compare Polks record vs Bradleys record? Polk plays in "Region 0 for the playoffs" the last 4 years. Polk would not make the playoffs in Bradleys region. The dropoff from 3A to 5A talent is a huge difference. If Polk lined up against the likes off Ootlewah, Farragut, McMinn and the rest of the region they would'nt have a winning season, period. When was the last time Polk won a region title, in possibly the weakest region in the state? When was the last time Polk won a playoff game? How many teams did you play that had a .500 record? Let me quess, 2. I was a the Central game last year, Polk better be glad it rained or it would have been worse than it was. Your team is not as talented as you would like to believe, small and slow.

when was the last time bradley won a playoff game or much less had a winning season? polk is small but ask the other team how much heart and pride they have. not to mention all the other teams that said they are one of the hardest hitting teams they play. you can down polk all you want just adds to the desire to win for them. also i know it ain'n varsity but polks jv team has killed bradley everytime and now those same boys are varsity so i have no worries bradley will just get beat and keep talking trash like always. polk's players have a lot of pride and fight to the end. polk don't have the many students either coach davis does a very good job getting the best out of his players. i'm ready for this game to be played. also bradley got beat last year by polk in spring ball and polks didn't have half their starters because they was playing in baseball. polk pride

when was the last time bradley won a playoff game or much less had a winning season? polk is small but ask the other team how much heart and pride they have. not to mention all the other teams that said they are one of the hardest hitting teams they play. you can down polk all you want just adds to the desire to win for them. also i know it ain'n varsity but polks jv team has killed bradley everytime and now those same boys are varsity so i have no worries bradley will just get beat and keep talking trash like always. polk's players have a lot of pride and fight to the end. polk don't have the many students either coach davis does a very good job getting the best out of his players. i'm ready for this game to be played. also bradley got beat last year by polk in spring ball and polks didn't have half their starters because they was playing in baseball. polk pride

i agree with blaster7 polk is a good team and they got talent but they will beat bradley because the got one thing bradley doesnt have and that is HEART...polk county football is one of the hardest playing football teams ive ever seen they come out and put a hurtin on everyone they play win or lose...not trying to give polk a big head but they had a lot of youngsters step up last year so they are looking hard to beat to me..look for them to make a run for region

The question is, How would Polk do against the schedule Bradley plays? Everyone hits hard in our league. We have been down but your comparing apples and oranges when you talk about records. I would imagine we would be in the playoffs every year in 5AA. Would Polk be in the playoffs in our region? NO

Well all I know is Polk better have something in the likes of a miracle up their sleeves if they expect to have a winning record next season. I know the kids up there in the hollers and pastures have big ol cornfed hearts but when it comes down to total all around talent they are severely behind the 8 ball in comparison to their 2009 scheduled opponents.

how funny,

Do you really have to pump your own selves up on the internet?

Here are the facts. Polk brings it every week. The have a good coaching staff and good players. It should be a really good game with a great crowd and atmosphere. I'm really looking forward to next season. But to compare last years W-L records in like comparing apples to oranges. And yes Polks JV did beat Bradleys JV last year. What many may not understand is that for the last three years the BC coaches have been starting a group of kids that will be seniors this coming year. These kids did not play JV last year. They were playing varsity and were the same group that varsity scrimmaged @ Polk. If I'm not mistaken, BC only had 8 seniors who started last year. Good luck to the Wildcats and Bears next year.

how funny,

Do you really have to pump your own selves up on the internet?

Here are the facts. Polk brings it every week. The have a good coaching staff and good players. It should be a really good game with a great crowd and atmosphere. I'm really looking forward to next season. But to compare last years W-L records in like comparing apples to oranges. And yes Polks JV did beat Bradleys JV last year. What many may not understand is that for the last three years the BC coaches have been starting a group of kids that will be seniors this coming year. These kids did not play JV last year. They were playing varsity and were the same group that varsity scrimmaged @ Polk. If I'm not mistaken, BC only had 8 seniors who started last year. Good luck to the Wildcats and Bears next year.

It has nothing to do with pumping ourselves up. All I know is Polk will not beat the Da Bears, no way, no how. I don't care how much "Mojo" you bring, it will not be enough to overcome the pure size and numbers that will be brought to the table. Sure, it will be close in the beginning, but when it comes down to the 4 fingers in the air the chant of "Scoreboard! Scoreboard!" will fill the air. Sorry about your luck but it ain't going to be pretty. Bears will win by no less than 2 td's. REMEMBER THIS POST, STORE IT IN THE ARCHIVES, AND PULL IT UP AND READ IT COME AUGUST 22ND!!! SEE, I TOLD YOU!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Goodluck to Polk, they have good Coaching and heart. Heart will take you farther than most realize. The region they play in is a little weak, but I respect Polk Co. It's not all about pure size and numbers! Yes the bigger school should win, but I can give you many many examples of big schools losing to much smaller schools. There are several 1a-2a-3a schools that Bradley would want nothing to do with this year and most years for that matter. Lets hope your players are working hard to get better, instead of just working their mouths like you, lol. Remember this in the fall, if you win it's because you should, but if you lose ouch! I'll take Polk... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />