Oakland @ Lincoln County

jabbo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is at the Pit this fall.

2P - I'm not sure how we look this year - I know we've lost some starters, but someone else needs to chime in regarding the strengths and weaknesses of the team this year. In any case I'm counting on the atmosphere to bring out the best in both teams!

• 5 months later...

Just thought I would resurrect this thread since the Patriots are headed to the Pit Friday night. I'd like to extend an offer to the Oakland players: come on over early and meet me at the north concession stand at about 6 pm and I'll buy 20 slaw burgers for anyone that can eat them within 30 minutes - that is, between 6 and 6:30.

Yes, I'm joking.

I hope it's a good game - if the Falcons play both halfs the way they played the first half against Riverdale it will be a good game.

Hey 2p - I'll trade you a slaw burger for an Oakland hotdog! I'm easy to spot - I'll be wearing a CoachT tee shirt!

did someone ask for strength and weaknesses?? well let me tell you. ive been watching these same group of kids play football for 5 years now. everyone says, the falcons are young and thats why they have not won any games. is everybody watching the same games i am? there are some kids on this team who have so much talent and potential. and who have honestly been working the whole 5 years, even in the off season, i mean who have busted their tails.. but no one seems to notice. does anyone besides me, have a clue why we cant seem to win a football game? its really hard to score, when your running back cant seem to make it through a hole that an offensive lineman has made for him, the size of texas. or when the offensive lineman, is blocking and the running back, instead of running behind him like he should, starts running where HE thinks he is not going to get hit as bad or even at all. if u will watch this next game, please for the love of god, watch the offensive line block and watch the running back do exactly what i just said, play after play. you might be asking yourself, well how do you know hes going to do that in THIS game. well im not a mindreader, but, until the coaches will step up and say something to these kids when they do stuff like that, its going to keep happening. and we will keep losing. they are making the other falcon players look like fools. if you are scared to get hit, then u need to play a different sport. because there are some players on this team that ACTUALLY have a bright future playing football. but because of the lack of effort by a few, that are not being given the chance that they deserve. defensive is the exact same story, youve got the lineman, giving it all they got , but the secondary is not up to snuff, for the some of the same reasons stated above. if the coaches can actually get some of these kids to care, my hats off to them, beacause, there aint been a coach so far that can. i dont mean to dog any of our players, im not trying to be negative, but there is a problem here, i think i speak for alot of fans who just want to see it get fixed. so call it constructive criticism. i just dont want us all to be on here next year, griping about the same things, and by then we cant use the excuse that is a " young team" because thats really not the problem.