Oakland @ Lincoln County

jabbo

Coach T is not different than most other coaches (other than he played for the Bear). He wins big when he has talent. Wins a few less when he has a little less talent. Loses when he doesnt have talent. The past few seasons are a reflection of the talent available, not of his coaching. You folks should be ashamed and embarrassed. You bred your kids. He didnt. He still has what it takes to win, except the talent. Thats poor breeding, not coaching. Get over it. Its not peewee football where everyone gets to play. He's putting his best 11 on the field in hopes of winning. Thats not politics, thats football.

Grow up LC. You used to be respected. Coach T still is. This crap you are posting here is showing why you are not.

LOL. Are we still into eugenics? Coach Thompson has plenty of talent, it is just isn't being used correctly. When you can sit in the stands and predict plays...that is disturbing. EVERYONE knows every play LCHS uses because there are so few of them.

As far as the best 11? Since when? I know of three other boys that were just as good or better than some of the other players that sat the bench because of their "last name". Since I have never sat the bench in a varsity sport, I cannot imagine what it is like to know you aren't going to play due to some stupid reason of popularity or favoritism. We had a backup quarterback that could throw circles around our starter a few years ago, but he wasn't the chosen pick, so he sat. That isn't the best 11.

A little vocab lesson for you ..eugenics if about improving genetic traits. Key word "improving." Lincoln Co has proven they are not improving the genetic traits that are useful in football. Lack of talents leads to tonights score. Superior genetics leads to only needing three plays to beat the dog out of other teams. LC hasnt had the talent to match up to an oakland type team in years. Thats genetics, and LC doesnt have it right now. Maybe it will again some day.

Try recruiting in Alabama again.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the Falcon players:

You played hard tonight - I saw some hustle, emotion, and hard hitting that y'all should be proud of. Bad breaks with a few turnovers severely swung the game momentum toward the Patriots - that happens. Shake it off and get ready to play four quarters of Falcon football with Columbia next Friday.

Don't pay any attention to the people on this board trying to undermine your coaches. You probably know who they are and who their kids are and probably understand why they care more about themselves than they do the team since they think anonymously bashing the team and the coaches will have some positive effect. They're very, very misguided.

I'm proud of y'all! And as 93grad always says:

LC! LC! LC!

For all the Falcon players:

You played hard tonight - I saw some hustle, emotion, and hard hitting that y'all should be proud of. Bad breaks with a few turnovers severely swung the game momentum toward the Patriots - that happens. Shake it off and get ready to play four quarters of Falcon football with Columbia next Friday.

Don't pay any attention to the people on this board trying to undermine your coaches. You probably know who they are and who their kids are and probably understand why they care more about themselves than they do the team since they think anonymously bashing the team and the coaches will have some positive effect. They're very, very misguided.

I'm proud of y'all! And as 93grad always says:

LC! LC! LC!

:thumb:

I have known Coach Thompson to be a professional for decades and he is due a down season. Cut him some slack. Fickle fans need to shut up and know better days are 2 years down the road. Both 9th grade teams have talent but this year's schedule is brutal. They may finish 2-8, 1-9 but next year will be better.

I have known Coach Thompson to be a professional for decades and he is due a down season. Cut him some slack. Fickle fans need to shut up and know better days are 2 years down the road. Both 9th grade teams have talent but this year's schedule is brutal. They may finish 2-8, 1-9 but next year will be better.

LC county has been spiraling down for several years now. This is not just something that happened this year. If you noticed Tullahoma was destroyed by Warren County last night and we could not even play with them. This team is much better than they are showing, the problem is coaching and coaching alone. If some of you are so blinded by that fact then LC derserves to be 0-10 and the coaching staff they have now.

i happen to know that some of these boys who are starting on the team this year ,are there due to their own merits, not because of who their parents are. im not disputing that it does happen, i guess being part of a small town and all is to blame. there is a lack of discipline on the team, but only with just a FEW players, i dont think as a whole, they have that problem. i know these young men to work hard, if u go to a few practices you will see the ones that work hard, and you will see whos over there huddled up together, goofing off and talking. heck, u could see it when they were warming up last night on the field. there are some kids, and just a few who arent giving it thier all, and if coach can get these few kids, and he knows who they are ,to behave and listen to him , and act as a team with their other players, you will see us win. i do agree with jabbo about one thing, they did play much better last night. i think we had a shot to win this win, until a fatal mistake was made in the 3 quarter, that i believe, got the teams momentum down. hence, another example of what im talking about. i did see more hustle also. i dont think the final score reflected the way we played the game. so to you falcon players out there, you did good. keep it up. i disagee with the naysayers about the talent on the team. this team is REALLY talented. its just a few boys have got to be reigned in with some discipline and i think then we could have a great team. and falcons, yes columbia is good, but, play like you did the first half of this game and you will do fine, dont buy into all the hype that columbia is a better team than you, go out there, give it your all. no one said you guys could beat riverdale last year either, but you did. so go falcons!

Player number is down, discipline is bad, coach excitement is not there and team togetherness is not there. Bring in a young new energetic coach and see what what happens to LC. Player numbers will go up discipline will be there, players will play as a team and the fans will come back and the Pitt will be full again on Friday night. EXAMPLE MURFEESBORO OAKLAND!!!!!!!

I will agree there is talent on the team but the lack of discilpine and contraol by the coaches is wrecking this team as well as the LC tradition.