Coach Darden Out at CAK

shnikens

Lulu,

If that parent was openly making the comments you attribute to him, then I??™m sure he realized that some would support and some would not support his position. While I don??™t agree with using this forum anonymously to attack a parent by name, that is the decision of the posters who have done so.

What I addressed to you was specifically about CAK as an institution. These are your statements:

1. CAK is changing quickly

2. I am sad to say, it is changing in a downward spiral.

3. This change started around 9 months ago. Now, you can put the facts together and see who and where the change is coming from.

4. Wake up parents! Your have invested your time, energy, and money in CAK. Do not let this fine institution be destroyed!

I am one of those parents who have invested my time, energy, and money in CAK. You seem to be making broad statements about the ???downward spiral??? of our school. But the only specifics you site have to do with the dismissal of Coach Darden. Comments like ???changing quickly??¦ downward spiral??? and ???wake up??¦don??™t let this fine institution be destroyed??? make it appear that your concerns are much more wide spread. Maybe you are just emphasizing your point and you just really don??™t like the athletic director and or his decision to dismiss Coach Darden. If there is something more that I??™m missing please elaborate. Just my opinion, but if you are going to use this forum to air your concerns about your job, at least be fair and point out what your concerns are, rather than indicating the school is on it??™s way to being destroyed without backing up your assertion. If letting the basketball coach go constitutes our school being destroyed or a downward spiral in your mind, then we don't see things the same at all.

Heard a rumor that the girls coach is leaving as well

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Board-I know that you have missed me, especially you patrick "im a blessing to basketball" walden. First let me say I want to thank you for being a coach at the CoC 2 years ago when i attended. I learned more how to destroy my talent then actually use it and I thank you for that. and your novikoff point is stupid. we could play the "well if they didnt have ...."game all day and what does it prove waldo?

that school just has too many problems to count. im done with it. kids are the clones of the parents. parents are the people making the decisions. The board is about as clueless as the jury in the OJ case. The administration headed by superintendent Scott Sandie needs to reassembled, including scotty.

Board-I know that you have missed me, especially you patrick "im a blessing to basketball" walden. First let me say I want to thank you for being a coach at the CoC 2 years ago when i attended. I learned more how to destroy my talent then actually use it and I thank you for that. and your novikoff point is stupid. we could play the "well if they didnt have ...."game all day and what does it prove waldo?

that school just has too many problems to count. im done with it. kids are the clones of the parents. parents are the people making the decisions. The board is about as clueless as the jury in the OJ case. The administration headed by superintendent Scott Sandie needs to reassembled, including scotty.

Hello Speedy One

I told Coach DeVoe that a CO-ED camp was a bad idea. Was it just the coaching or the girls at the camp that showed you up that destroyed you? That does play havoc on one's psyche. Talent is a fleeting thing you know.

Since Kirk Naler and Coach DeVoe ran the camp, I'm sure they had delusions that they could start the ruination of the program and thereby have Coach Darden's job in just a few short years. Conspiracy theories abound. I'm amazed that at a camp where all the coaches in your age group have D1 experience and SEC championships under their belt that they could destroy someone with your obvious talent in 4 short days. Maybe if you had listened and learned a little more you could have helped secure a few more W's and this thread wouldn't have started.

I'm sure you will find a way to trash me, my son or Catholic with a response but the bottom line with you should probably involve Upward Basketball where you were probably more suited. The Novikoff point was that if you weren't that good before he got there and haven't been very good since, was it a 1 year fluke that you were successful because you had a excellent player transfer in?

BTW, can you give a legit explanation how the CoC destroyed your talent? Several of the coaches gave up a week's vacation and traveled from several states to try and help the CAK program since that's where the bulk of the campers attend school. Bottom line is no matter who's coaching, you've got to have some talent.

And given your name...how does your speed compare to Ryan Kitts? LOL

Hello Speedy One

I told Coach DeVoe that a CO-ED camp was a bad idea. Was it just the coaching or the girls at the camp that showed you up that destroyed you? That does play havoc on one's psyche. Talent is a fleeting thing you know.

Since Kirk Naler and Coach DeVoe ran the camp, I'm sure they had delusions that they could start the ruination of the program and thereby have Coach Darden's job in just a few short years. Conspiracy theories abound. I'm amazed that at a camp where all the coaches in your age group have D1 experience and SEC championships under their belt that they could destroy someone with your obvious talent in 4 short days. Maybe if you had listened and learned a little more you could have helped secure a few more W's and this thread wouldn't have started.

I'm sure you will find a way to trash me, my son or Catholic with a response but the bottom line with you should probably involve Upward Basketball where you were probably more suited. The Novikoff point was that if you weren't that good before he got there and haven't been very good since, was it a 1 year fluke that you were successful because you had a excellent player transfer in?

BTW, can you give a legit explanation how the CoC destroyed your talent? Several of the coaches gave up a week's vacation and traveled from several states to try and help the CAK program since that's where the bulk of the campers attend school. Bottom line is no matter who's coaching, you've got to have some talent.

And given your name...how does your speed compare to Ryan Kitts? LOL

1. There were two girls each of whom were not very good at all

2. Kirk Naler probably did plan something like that and God bless your former coach Donald Devoe. He is the greatest coach alive.

3. If i would have listened more it would have bored me and I would have probably just walked out the door. By the way seeing you demonstrate some of the drills cracked me up cause it takes you half a century to run down the court and then blow the lay-up. Something Devoe was embarrassed by.

4. I think your mad you couldnt lure Novikoff over to Catholic by promising him with a full ride, a benz, and a free trip pass purgatory straight to heaven.

5. I actually did play upward basketball, MVP of the league 1997-1999, then blew my acl out in 2000.

6. The CoC was more of a camp for beginners and really didnt have much competetion. I thought it was for champions like me to play together and get better.

7. They gave up a weeks vacation? what a waste.

8. CAK needs more administrative help then athletic help. Got a CoC for adminstrations coming up this summer patty? I hope your the camp director. King Walden

9. Questioning my talent? I have more talent in the lower half of my pinky than you do in all of your 400lb body

I think somebody has touched a nerve here. Its a shame that anyone would put themselves in the spotlight on this thread rather then Coach Darden. I have always respected Coach Darden, I remember more of his earlier coaching then anything. He was and is a great coach, but from what I have seen I can imagine he is somewhat relieved to be out of this situation. Go back to public schools Coach, private schools are for the uptight jerks who want to live their lives through their kids. Good Luck in the future.

"I think somebody has touched a nerve here. Its a shame that anyone would put themselves in the spotlight on this thread rather then Coach Darden. I have always respected Coach Darden, I remember more of his earlier coaching then anything. He was and is a great coach, but from what I have seen I can imagine he is somewhat relieved to be out of this situation. Go back to public schools Coach, private schools are for the uptight jerks who want to live their lives through their kids. Good Luck in the future." -DyronNix

Sad but true. IrishBBall and usainbolt, just get out a ruler and end this teenage girl fight. Now on W/L the decision makers have to ask this question - could any other coach have won more games? I don't think anyone can honestly say yes. If CAK wants more wins in basketball here's what you do- recruit. Move to DII and give scholarships, and see how much the current parents care about W/L's when their kids are riding the bench.

I think somebody has touched a nerve here. Its a shame that anyone would put themselves in the spotlight on this thread rather then Coach Darden. I have always respected Coach Darden, I remember more of his earlier coaching then anything. He was and is a great coach, but from what I have seen I can imagine he is somewhat relieved to be out of this situation. Go back to public schools Coach, private schools are for the uptight jerks who want to live their lives through their kids. Good Luck in the future.

Another excellent point by Dyron! I have heard many coaches discuss the opening at CAK and some of them have said that overly wealthy people are more difficult to deal with than working class folks. I think this may have gotten the better of Coach Darden.

Coach Darden will resurface somewhere. The talk is he wants to Coach and would take South Doyle job.

He is a good coach, but I think it is time for him to hang it up. The SD program is going to take some time to repair. Coach Darden is not getting any younger and if SD hires him they are getting themselves into a situation where a coach is not going to be able to see the process through to completion. I have no doubt that he would take the job, but it would be a mistake to hire him at this point in his career. SD needs a young, energetic, and determined coach that is willing to see the rebuilding process through. No disrespect to Coach Darden. He was a great coach, but it is time for him to move on.

In an earlier post, I addressed the issue of not being able to go to administrators with problems and displeasures. I'm the one that has taught at CAK for 10+ years and worked with Johnny since he arrived at CAK.

Name one teacher who has been fired for expressing a concern. Seems to me that you hate the organization, don't have the courage to leave and instead seem intent on trying to harm it. Don't you think that is wrong?

Someone asked the reason we cannot go to the administration with our frustrations. Anything we say is

held against us and we eventually feel the repercussions of our words. CAK is changing quickly and I am sad to say, it is changing in a downward spiral. This change started around 9 months ago. Now, you can put the facts together and see who and where the change is coming from.

You also asked why I didn't leave CAK. Have you seen the job market lately??

Wake up parents! Your have invested your time, energy, and money in CAK. Do not let this fine institution be destroyed!