District 11

fbforme

Ok MackBrown,

Let me make this clear i am just a fan of this District

I understand that you know that Brentwood lost alot of seniors, but that was just on defense and only lost three guys on offense. First i will state that on offense yes AJ Krow was the anchor of the team, but the team had no throwing game which cost them going to STATE, the new quarter back Clay Webber a JR. started three games last year and averaged over 180 yards of passing yards during those games as a soph. thats pretty good and only one of those games was a cupcake. The rest of the offense will return which includes division I prospects Jordans Evans WR/Ath. and Jeremy Coffey RB, they also have Michael Dugan 6'5 WR and all there line excpet two return.

Now on Defense you said we lost every starter except Cameron Croy, that is wrong we have Austin Johnson starting CB and also on Brentwoods D-line the coaches dont play the same four guys they have a rotation and get two very strong boys back Jacob Norfleet DE ( younger Brother to Jaron Norfleet UTC) and Grahm Slaughter NT who had a total of 3 sacks last year and forced the QBs to get rid of the ball when they didnt want to. Sure they have work to do, but Defense is what Brentwood is known for not offense every year since Crawford as been there the defense has been one of the best in the district let alone the state and he looses guys every year to it.

Now Franklin is going to be very good with Keylo and Ford both these boys were amazing last year and im not expecting any drop off, i have heard form franklin sources that they have been trying Keylo in the slot for a recevier weapon since they lost both Eaton and Starnes to Grad. and i have heard that Mikurt is projected to be the starter (brother former rebel QB)

Ravenwood- Gets Tony Rowland back at RB, Alex Williams at QB and Ryan Fitzpatrick at WR. That is going to be another explosive offense and they always seem to have one line sign with a division I team every year.

Indy - Get there QB back who will be the starter for his third year, but might be in the same boat as last year if they can not find a running game to help him with the passing becuase half way through the year teams found out about this and just just covered them and didnt worry about the running game.

Centennial - Offense people are saying will be down , but they have in my mind the best RB in the Region in Tony Kemp and another athletic QB in Leach, even though he is a soph. he started on the varsity last year on defense and let me tell you this kid can play the game. AS for loosing Drew Kelly yes he was a big body but he only mabye got one catch a game usually, this offense is made for running and that is what ehy will do.

So as you can see this region has some great offensive fire power, but the winner will be which team can have the defense to stop just some of the points that will be scored this year becasue it is not just Brentwood last lost defense.

And i qoute from myself in a pervious post,

"Plus brenwood graduated a ton seniors on the team (25+ ?). I dont know if all of them started but one great player returning, Cameron Croy LB, on defense isnt enough to survive in this district; if the young team steps up or unless im mistaken on how many returners they have"

So yeah all i was aware of Cameron Croy on D, i didnt say he was the only defensive player returning. Yes, Ive been watching Brentwood play even before i went to high school and i know them for having a tough defense year in and year out. The only reason of concern is their offense (sure the qb you mentioned who had great games as a soph but, he was surrounded by talent that helped him out) thats why i picked them so low, but in a district so competitive someone has to suffer.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who do you think is the frontrunner for the QB job? Whoever it is will have the luxury of a great run game...

Last year the back up to Nichols was a freshman. He only saw action in the blowouts and some JV. I think his name is Quivenen? (I might have spelled it wrong) and yes he should have the luxury of a great run game. Not only do the Rebels return Ford and Lee, they also have a junior in Sean Dye that was pretty good at times last year. The interesting part will be how the young QB develops and who he will throw to? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• 1 month later...

Matt is not back and Logan Nelson, the basketball player, is playing QB for us right now.

I have heard that Matt is playing. He was playing baseball during spring practice. I don't think any of the baseball players were at spring practice as they were in season.

I have heard that Matt is playing. He was playing baseball during spring practice. I don't think any of the baseball players were at spring practice as they were in season.

From all that I have heard he will not be back. He was on the JV baseball team which finished their season before spring practice was finished and several of the JV players I saw came to spring practice. He may have been called up to varsity after the JV season though so you may be correct.