CARSON-NEWMAN DROPS WRESTLING PROGRAM

THEANIMAL

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it should be a requirement that the leaders our educational institutions should be required to have a wrestling history. Of course that won't happen but if it did, we could be sure that they had experience in dealing with difficult situations, taking them head on and not running away. So often we hear that "we had to make the difficult decision"...... bull----. They take the easy route because they are not qualified or at least motivated to do the right thing and make an effort to solve the problems. From my own experience, many of them are the result of the Peter Principle... promoted to a level beyond their abilities.

What has happened at CN is a travesty. A travesty of leadership (not coaching)....resulting in a travesty to the kids and East Tennessee.

Something must be done. Come on TN we must grow strong and do all we can to reinstate this wrestling program. Does anyone have any idea if Ridenour will still be attending Carson Newman or has changed his plans.

I think he is now going to Kings with Nate and Jason, along with several other CN wrestlers. It's a shame. I know my son was planning on attending CN. It broke a HS freshman's heart. I'm sure there are many others out there that feel the same way. Nate and Jason do a great job up there nothing against them. Being ex-eagles themselves I'm sure they understand how we feel.

The AD needs to be retired. There too long and clearly has no interest in being effective in his job anymore.

Anybody have updated info on this issue. Does anyone have a clue if there will be at the least club wrestling. Where will all the equipment go ? Come on lets do all we can to keep this team alive.

Anybody have updated info on this issue. Does anyone have a clue if there will be at the least club wrestling. Where will all the equipment go ? Come on lets do all we can to keep this team alive.

I have been on that campus not long ago and I don't think they can afford to lose 40 students. School looks like they could use some money to fix the place up a little. Keep wrestling and lose the Athletic Director!

I have emailed the AD 3 times and I get the same generic email response. I have asked him to explain how dropping the wrestling program makes the CN Athletic Program "more viable" as he stated.

You would think that a person in his position and (what I assume to be) a solid educational background could come up with a solution other than dropping the program. Or at least, you would think, that he would have enough common sense to meet with the coaches and contact the wrestling Alumni and give them an opportunity to find a solution to their problem.

I have encouraged many athletes to attend CN. Wrestlers, Football Players, Girl Basketball Players, etc. I will do so no longer.

I have discussed this issue with several CN Football Alumni and they disagree with the decision. Several of them stated that they did not like this AD and maybe CN needed a change.

I agree with them.

I think he is now going to Kings with Nate and Jason, along with several other CN wrestlers. It's a shame. I know my son was planning on attending CN. It broke a HS freshman's heart. I'm sure there are many others out there that feel the same way. Nate and Jason do a great job up there nothing against them. Being ex-eagles themselves I'm sure they understand how we feel.

idk where you heard this from but what he told me was if carson newman doesnt get the team back he is going to newberry

I had a great conversation today with coach Elia. He is encouraged and doesn't feel like this issue is dead yet. He has a meeting with the president next week and hopefully he can gain some ground. Finances are not the issue.

If finances are not the issue, what are the issues and how can wrestling supporters help? Surely there must be some ammo that we can help supply Coach Elia with for his battle.