CAK who will be the next coach

raider2

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if Aaron Green has any interest in the job? The rumor is going around that he is trying to get back into high school coaching, after his two year stint with Bruce Pearl as graduate assistant. He had seven successful years as Cleveland HS head coach before leaving for Tennessee. He was a great coach at Cleveland. I can't imagine how good he can be with two years of experience under Bruce Pearl.

CAK should look into his situation, and see if he would have any interest (especially with him right there in Knoxville). Not sure they can get him, but its worth a shot!

Does anyone know if Aaron Green has any interest in the job? The rumor is going around that he is trying to get back into high school coaching, after his two year stint with Bruce Pearl as graduate assistant. He had seven successful years as Cleveland HS head coach before leaving for Tennessee. He was a great coach at Cleveland. I can't imagine how good he can be with two years of experience under Bruce Pearl.

CAK should look into his situation, and see if he would have any interest (especially with him right there in Knoxville). Not sure they can get him, but its worth a shot!

Wishful thinking but not going to happen.

I wouldn't burn my cell minutes making that call. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If Aaron gets back into high school coaching, I would assume it would have to be a pretty high profile job.

How do you guys know who has applied??? Applications are supposed to be

confidential!!!!

This just further substantiates my earlier premise. Either these people are from the administration or they are friends with the real decision makers. Mr. Naler has been behind this for a couple of years. It is very unfortunate that all of this has been orchestrated publicly. Aaron Green did not give up a salary for 2 years as a ga to get back into high school coaching. Come on people get real.

This just further substantiates my earlier premise. Either these people are from the administration or they are friends with the real decision makers. Mr. Naler has been behind this for a couple of years. It is very unfortunate that all of this has been orchestrated publicly. Aaron Green did not give up a salary for 2 years as a ga to get back into high school coaching. Come on people get real.

I cannot speak for Aaron, BUT it is common knowledge that a GA position is only a 2 year deal. Unless, there is movement on the UT coaching staff currently, he is obviously going to need a job somewhere. I have heard Bruce Pearl say publicly that he would like to move Aaron up on his staff, but if there is not a position that will be hard. All I know is that he is probably looking for a job one way or another.

Now whether he would take that job is the big question. Is CAK different from other high schools in how much they pay their basketball coach? Money talks......

I cannot speak for Aaron, BUT it is common knowledge that a GA position is only a 2 year deal. Unless, there is movement on the UT coaching staff currently, he is obviously going to need a job somewhere. I have heard Bruce Pearl say publicly that he would like to move Aaron up on his staff, but if there is not a position that will be hard. All I know is that he is probably looking for a job one way or another.

Now whether he would take that job is the big question. Is CAK different from other high schools in how much they pay their basketball coach? Money talks......

Ha....your answer is LESS, that is, unless the good ole parents chip in to pay a coach extra, which does happen. Just another example of how the parents run the school.

Ha....your answer is LESS, that is, unless the good ole parents chip in to pay a coach extra, which does happen. Just another example of how the parents run the school.

You, who are so wise: If "the parents" run the school, why weren't the parents who didn't want a change able to prevent Darden from being let go? If the parents don't always agree, do they have a "parent" vote to decide on a course of action? What does the poor, helpless administration do when all of "the parents" don't agree and therefore can't tell them what to do. I'm just wondering, because I'm missing out on making these decisions. PARENT POWER!!!!

You, who are so wise: If "the parents" run the school, why weren't the parents who didn't want a change able to prevent Darden from being let go? If the parents don't always agree, do they have a "parent" vote to decide on a course of action? What does the poor, helpless administration do when all of "the parents" don't agree and therefore can't tell them what to do. I'm just wondering, because I'm missing out on making these decisions. PARENT POWER!!!!

Thanks for the complement, Knox2. I didn't know our relationship had progressed that far yet! Seriously, if you are who you say you are (a parent), then I probably know more than you do. If you're not, I wouldn't be surprised. If you are and you know more than me, well, that's wrong, unless you're on the board.

But to answer your questions since you started the sarcasm battle. Some of my answers are sarcastic and some won't be. It's for you to decide. Let's just say that they all are.

The reason why the parents who liked Darden weren't able to prevent him from being "let go" was because they didn't offer enough money to the school for new projects. Also, these parents did not stand next to the AD at every home game right at the door to the gym and butter him up like one in particular did. They also did not "play" basketball in college and do not know as much about the sport as others do.

There are parent votes, obviously, in the form of feedback to the administration, which probably happens on a day to day basis in one form or another. That's how all of this started in the first place (which, believe it or not, I do not have a probem with in general).

When the parents can't decide what to do, the administration takes bribes to declare a winning side.

Anymore questions? Again, remember that this is tongue and cheek!

Thanks for the complement, Knox2. I didn't know our relationship had progressed that far yet! Seriously, if you are who you say you are (a parent), then I probably know more than you do. If you're not, I wouldn't be surprised. If you are and you know more than me, well, that's wrong, unless you're on the board.

But to answer your questions since you started the sarcasm battle. Some of my answers are sarcastic and some won't be. It's for you to decide. Let's just say that they all are.

The reason why the parents who liked Darden weren't able to prevent him from being "let go" was because they didn't offer enough money to the school for new projects. Also, these parents did not stand next to the AD at every home game right at the door to the gym and butter him up like one in particular did. They also did not "play" basketball in college and do not know as much about the sport as others do.

There are parent votes, obviously, in the form of feedback to the administration, which probably happens on a day to day basis in one form or another. That's how all of this started in the first place (which, believe it or not, I do not have a probem with in general).

When the parents can't decide what to do, the administration takes bribes to declare a winning side.

Thanks for being a good sport. I'm not sure if you caught the Monty Python reference or not.?. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Yes, we will have to agree to disagree. If you are on the inside, then you certainly know more than me about the specifics in this situation. My beef has been the attitude many have shown toward CAK. If you'll notice, ??'ve never contended that this was or wasn't handled in the best way; I simply don't know. However, there are several arguments that I have observed repeatedly stated (not all necessarily by you) that just don't hold water, in my humble opinion.

1. First, not all parents were / are in agreement. Obviously, if parents have control over the administration as alledged, nothing would ever happen. Have you ever been in a room with 20 or 30 parents and tried get a unanimous decision on something as serious and divided as a coaching change?

2. If parents can give feedback that they want a change, then clearly parents can give feedback who don't want a change.

3. Regarding donations. While donors are (and have to be) a part of a private schools existence, I am not aware that the parent who has been demonized and made fun of is a large donor. I know there are some big donors, I just wasn't aware that he is one? So let's be straight, is your point that he has the AD's ear because of his donations?

4. While parents have input at CAK, and they should have input, to indicate that they are making the decisions and the administration and AD are virtually puppets is rediculous and simplistic.

5. To indicate that the only people who could possibly agree with and defend the schools decision must be either administration, board, etc. is just as absurd as saying that anyone who disagreed with the schools decision must be from Coach D.'s family.

6. People, mostly close to the coach, have repeatedly acted like the administration is either bought off, crooked, or stupid to consider a change. How can one look at the results of the last 4 years and come to that conclusion? I'm not saying that that you would look at the results and have to conclude a change is in order. But any objective standard would indicate that there are honest, sincere reasons that the administration might have felt it should be considered.

On another note, in the other thread you suggested several (pretty clever) reasons why I choose to respond to this topic. (Obviously, you have your own reasons as you have your share of posts too.) I thought of just responding "all of the above" /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> but I'll tell you frankly why I have: Reading the posts (particularly early on) not just sticking up for the coach, but attacking CAK bothered me. Secondly, as 4warriors implied, the playing field is not level. I suspect that the administration is not likely going to feel they have the freedom to speak openly and elaborate on what went into their decision. This coupled with the fact that although there are certainly many people who supported the decision, most have decided to remain silent. Right or wrong, I elected to speak my mind. Not to engage former players supporting their former coach, but to discuss the issue with adults who at least theoretically can separate the emotional side of the situation from what was reasonable; to ask the question, is CAK doing everything they can to be the best they can be.

Now, if you (or someone else) know of inappropriate facts or inappropriate parental involvement that led to this decision, I sincerely hope that you'll discuss that with the appropriate parties. I assume you are a parent. IMO, you can't have it both ways. If the parents wield the power you alledge (quote: "Just another example of how the parents run the school.") then you have the ability to take action and make it stick.

• 3 weeks later...

You are so misinformed or mean spirited it isn't even funny. Bribes and donations deciding who gets fired!!?-I've been over there for a long time and it just doesn't happen. Some like to blame or tear down when they don't like or understand something. Whew!