Goodpasture Football 2009

FootballDoc

Your wrong again. Some counties only have 1 or 2 small cities and tssaa does not allow any players transfering outside county lines, unless the parents move as well. you can not come back with anything that makes it fair. i can show and tell ya all rules. bottom line the reason some privates schools are getting away with this $$$$$$$$$$$$. go to tssaa.org and look under are you eligble and tell me all public's have open enrollment.

No I am not wrong. What I am saying is that TSSAA has set the rules, and you dont like it. Ok we all get it! I did not say all public's have open enrollment. I said the schools that have the best advantage under this system are public's with open enrollment. As you know, there are threads on CoacT set up for this "public vs private" debate. Why dont you go post on those threads, or write as many letters as you want to TSSAA because they make the rules, we just play by them. This is suppose to be about the boys! Nothing you say will change the rules as they are set up right now! So why do you continue to complain. Alcoa has beat us at State 3 out of the last 4 years. They have open enrollment, and they are a great team. Do I complain about that, NO. I say good for them. I know in the long run it makes Goodpasture better. Our school can either complain or work harder. We choose to work harder. So stop the bickering, and lets talk about the boys!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your wrong again. Some counties only have 1 or 2 small cities and tssaa does not allow any players transfering outside county lines, unless the parents move as well. you can not come back with anything that makes it fair. i can show and tell ya all rules. bottom line the reason some privates schools are getting away with this $$$$$$$$$$$$. go to tssaa.org and look under are you eligble and tell me all public's have open enrollment.

No I am not wrong. What I am saying is that TSSAA has set the rules, and you dont like it. Ok we all get it! I did not say all public's have open enrollment. I said the schools that have the best advantage under this system are public's with open enrollment. As you know, there are threads on CoacT set up for this "public vs private" debate. Why dont you go post on those threads, or write as many letters as you want to TSSAA because they make the rules, we just play by them. This is suppose to be about the boys! Nothing you say will change the rules as they are set up right now! So why do you continue to complain. Alcoa has beat us at State 3 out of the last 4 years. They have open enrollment, and they are a great team. Do I complain about that, NO. I say good for them. I know in the long run it makes Goodpasture better. Our school can either complain or work harder. We choose to work harder. So stop the bickering, and lets talk about the boys!

YOU know down deep in your heart that it is not right for goodpasture to be playing some of the public schools they are playing. no goodpasture did'nt make the rules but you know it is still an unfair advantage. you are a very intelligent and honest person. i can tell by all your post and you know im some what right. now if you let public schools do the same then it would be equal.

YOU know down deep in your heart that it is not right for goodpasture to be playing some of the public schools they are playing. no goodpasture did'nt make the rules but you know it is still an unfair advantage. you are a very intelligent and honest person. i can tell by all your post and you know im some what right. now if you let public schools do the same then it would be equal.

I do agree that if everything is the same, but one school can recruit and the other can't, well then obviously the school that can recruit will have the advantage. That is why TSSAA has the qualifier, and that is why we are playing in a region full of 4A teams. I think we will have to agree on that. Reguarless, I do want to talk about the kids and not these other issues. The adults set the rules, and the kids play. I love watching high school football, and I love Goodpasture and the way they do things. I do realize that Goodpasture has advantages, but I love the way they teach there kids the game of football, and the game of life!

Hey 60cheetor, I would bet that if your Macon Co. Tigers were undefeated, you would not be on this forum under another screen-name posting how unfair it is. I don't see any post on Friendship Christians boards about it being unfair for you to get beat 48-6 from a 1A school. I wouldn't be that worried about private schools that much. You haven't even won against a public this year. Public schools have handed you most of your losses. White House is a public school and will be crowning you 0-8 come Friday night. I'm sorry, I don't feel your pain. I think GP with 347 students playing Macon with 913 students is unfair, but that is how it is, if you think it should be different then go work for TSSAA and cry to them.

I am ready for this game tomorrow night. This should be a good game.

Hey 60cheetor, I would bet that if your Macon Co. Tigers were undefeated, you would not be on this forum under another screen-name posting how unfair it is. I don't see any post on Friendship Christians boards about it being unfair for you to get beat 48-6 from a 1A school. I wouldn't be that worried about private schools that much. You haven't even won against a public this year. Public schools have handed you most of your losses. White House is a public school and will be crowning you 0-8 come Friday night. I'm sorry, I don't feel your pain. I think GP with 347 students playing Macon with 913 students is unfair, but that is how it is, if you think it should be different then go work for TSSAA and cry to them.

im not from macon kitty brown, i've done made it plain on here im from westmoreland and yes there have been post on the friendship boards. I DID'NT ask you to feel any pain just keep on taking lunch money away. i have posted on macon threads, got close kin in the program and it's just like a rich kid with everything to make fun of a winless program. gee maybe next year tssaa will let yall have more time-outs or let you offer a sign'n bonus.

im not from macon kitty brown, i've done made it plain on here im from westmoreland and yes there have been post on the friendship boards. I DID'NT ask you to feel any pain just keep on taking lunch money away. i have posted on macon threads, got close kin in the program and it's just like a rich kid with everything to make fun of a winless program. gee maybe next year tssaa will let yall have more time-outs or let you offer a sign'n bonus.

Next thing you know you two will be talking about my daddy can beat up your daddy. Who cares. This is about the kids, the rules are the rules. Everyone knows how both of you feel, we get it. Now let it go and lets talk about the actual game and the players..........please.

Good game last night. The boys looked a little rusty, but I guess that can be expected coming off of a bye week. They really could not pass much because of the conditions, but it was nice to see them try and go deep so it keeps the defensive safties honest. The line played well, and after a rough first quarter, our quarterback had a nice game. Keep improving boys, and good luck next week against Sycamore!

• 2 weeks later...