Goodpasture Football 2009

FootballDoc

Goodpasture ran more power running sets last week. I think that was a direct result of the way they played the previous week. It seemed obvious that the coaching staff was sending a message, and that message was be physical! Both the offense and defense played much better and was more physical. They did not pass much because they did not need to. They just ran behind the hudge offensive line. The also ran some three wide receiver sets, but ran out of that formation. I do think that they will pass more. They have a good quarterback (#3) and they have two good receivers (#9 and #28).

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Great way to turn the corner Goodpasture! You boys keep fighting and growing right before our eyes! Keep working hard! The cougars just beat Lipscomb and Whitehouse back to back. It looks like these boys are starting to get it. What a great job Coach Martin and his coaching staff are doing. They are taking a young team, and as usual, it looks like the will be playing there best ball at the end of the year! Does anyone wonder why they advance deep into the playoffs every year? Keep believing Cougars!

I just saw on Goodpasturefootball.com that they are going to have a reunion of the 1999 State Champion's at halftime of the McGavock game. That sounds great, and I hope everyone from that team shows up who still lives in this area. Also, the website said that it looks like Goodpasture will be heading west for the playoffs this year! It will be interesting to see the match up's!

I just saw on Goodpasturefootball.com that they are going to have a reunion of the 1999 State Champion's at halftime of the McGavock game. That sounds great, and I hope everyone from that team shows up who still lives in this area. Also, the website said that it looks like Goodpasture will be heading west for the playoffs this year! It will be interesting to see the match up's!

On the website...they have Livingston as a wild card. Livingston is in 4a. Most of the other picks look pretty good. It's hard to pick this early...but GP still could go either way.