Goodpasture Football 2009

FootballDoc

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the word on Goodpasture. Their coach is an arrogant !*!*!*! . They stockpile players whom will sit out a year to get eligible then play the following year. They mainly go out and try to get running backs because otherwise they would be too much like they were in the mid 90's which is to slow to win big games these days. I'd say we can all expect this trend to continue if not worsten. After taking their beatdown from Alcoa a couple years ago, David goes out and gets him a few more athletes, even at receiver. They take yet anoter beatdown and so the trend will continue. Of course the cougar faithful dispute these accusations, claiming the young athletes have been a GP since first grade etc. They will even go as far as to call others jealous and proclaim the superior knowledge of their coaches that thusly earns them victories on the gridiron. This in turn allows them to use a quasi "us vs. the world" mentality. Which is eerily similar to rich kids dressing like bums in an attempt to look normal.

Here's the word on Goodpasture. Their coach is an arrogant !*!*!*! . They stockpile players whom will sit out a year to get eligible then play the following year. They mainly go out and try to get running backs because otherwise they would be too much like they were in the mid 90's which is to slow to win big games these days. I'd say we can all expect this trend to continue if not worsten. After taking their beatdown from Alcoa a couple years ago, David goes out and gets him a few more athletes, even at receiver. They take yet anoter beatdown and so the trend will continue. Of course the cougar faithful dispute these accusations, claiming the young athletes have been a GP since first grade etc. They will even go as far as to call others jealous and proclaim the superior knowledge of their coaches that thusly earns them victories on the gridiron. This in turn allows them to use a quasi "us vs. the world" mentality. Which is eerily similar to rich kids dressing like bums in an attempt to look normal.

Wow! That seems harsh. Tells us more. You seem to really be in the know on the inside workings of the Goodpasture program. Is it just the head coach that is an arrogant !*!*!*! or are there more. What about the baseball coach or the softball coach? They win a lot. Are they *!*!*!s as well. The basketball coach must be a great guy; loving, caring, generous. After all, they don't win as much. And by the way, I agree with you. I don't think you're jealous. I think you enjoy being average and griping about the people who succeed. It requires much less effort.

By the way, the mid-90's were pretty good to the Cougars.

Wow! That seems harsh. Tells us more. You seem to really be in the know on the inside workings of the Goodpasture program. Is it just the head coach that is an arrogant !*!*!*! or are there more. What about the baseball coach or the softball coach? They win a lot. Are they *!*!*!s as well. The basketball coach must be a great guy; loving, caring, generous. After all, they don't win as much. And by the way, I agree with you. I don't think you're jealous. I think you enjoy being average and griping about the people who succeed. It requires much less effort.

By the way, the mid-90's were pretty good to the Cougars.

With all of that being said, How are they going to look next season? Are they still going to run the Wing - T? What about the QB (who transfered) from Ezell last year?

• 3 weeks later...

It is nice to know that we have a beginning post wanting to know about if Goodpasture was going to run the spread this year, and it turns into this! My son is a football player at Goodpasture, and he was not recruited by David Martin, and he is not a running back. David Martin and his staff are the type of men I want my son to be around. That is why we chose to send him there! I think it is unfortunate that people like you make statements about people they do not know. I have seen Coach Martin do some great things with his kids that has nothing to do with football, and he keeps it quiet because he has class. As far as the public/private discussion, that will never end. I also know that Goodpasture is a small school and it is the size of a 1A school, but they play up two divisions. Not just privates have an advantage, have you ever looked at the amount of players Marryiville and Alcoa get to pull from? And you know what, I am happy for both of those schools. Now I am not going to call you or others jealous, but I am proud of our boys, teachers, and coaching staff that does a great job! Back to football! They will be running more spread this year. They have a young, athletic passer, along with a couple of real good wide receivers. That is why they are going to run this formation more. And by they way, we are not rich by any means. My wife and I decided this would be a great way to prepare our son for college.

It is nice to know that we have a beginning post wanting to know about if Goodpasture was going to run the spread this year, and it turns into this! My son is a football player at Goodpasture, and he was not recruited by David Martin, and he is not a running back. David Martin and his staff are the type of men I want my son to be around. That is why we chose to send him there! I think it is unfortunate that people like you make statements about people they do not know. I have seen Coach Martin do some great things with his kids that has nothing to do with football, and he keeps it quiet because he has class. As far as the public/private discussion, that will never end. I also know that Goodpasture is a small school and it is the size of a 1A school, but they play up two divisions. Not just privates have an advantage, have you ever looked at the amount of players Marryiville and Alcoa get to pull from? And you know what, I am happy for both of those schools. Now I am not going to call you or others jealous, but I am proud of our boys, teachers, and coaching staff that does a great job! Back to football! They will be running more spread this year. They have a young, athletic passer, along with a couple of real good wide receivers. That is why they are going to run this formation more. And by they way, we are not rich by any means. My wife and I decided this would be a great way to prepare our son for college.

Your son wasn't recruited because he wasn't good enough. Tell the truth. Goodpasture is a Christian school after all.

No public school should be able to play with a private school. No private school should be in any public school district.If they play as a non-district game that's o.k. I guess. Im not belly ack'n it's just clearly an unfair advantage.Private schools get the best of the best. Public schools have to play with what they have. No way you can word it to me and tell me it;s fair.